X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HouseOfHorrors
    replied
    Hey Larry,

All the image links in this thread for the large warning signs are broken. Can you repost them? Need to get a bunch of them printed up for my lobby.

Thanks!

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• HouseOfHorrors
    replied
    Hey Larry,

All the links in this thread for the large warning signs are broken. Can you repost them? Need to get a bunch of them printed up for my lobby.

Thanks!

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    We have to fix the word mandate but otherwise create a file like this it will help!

covid image 2020.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brighton Asylum
    replied
    These posters and warning signs you have posted are great, very well presented and thought out. Do you have the original sizes/versions? These are too small to print at any appreciable size as they become pixelated after printing larger than a standard paper size. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• monsterwax
    replied
    Good News... although it is from WHO (World Health Organization) which has led us astray on a number of occasions during the virus crisis (probably because they were eager to please the country that put them in charge-- China-- the same country that gave us the Virus). But anyway, WHO reports that people who don't have symptoms but do have he virus are "not the main drivers of the disease." This is opposite of what we heard and feared early on, and gives more credence to the idea of taking temperatures at the door. On as side note, it is worth mentioning that Taiwan has been very successful with stopping the spread, and they have open schools and everything. Their main precautions involve everyone getting temperatures when they enter school or a business, wearing masks, and washing hands regularly.

Here's what the news reports WHO saying:

"Coronavirus patients without symptoms aren’t driving the spread of the virus, World Health Organization officials said Monday, casting doubt on concerns by some researchers that the disease could be difficult to contain due to asymptomatic infections.

"Some people, particularly young and otherwise healthy individuals, who are infected by the coronavirus never develop symptoms or only develop mild symptoms. Others might not develop symptoms until days after they were actually infected.

"Preliminary evidence from the earliest outbreaks indicated that the virus could spread from person-to-person contact, even if the carrier didn’t have symptoms. But WHO officials now say that while asymptomatic spread can occur, it is not the main way it’s being transmitted.

“From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said at a news briefing from the United Nations agency’s Geneva headquarters. “It’s very rare.”

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here is a warning posted today from Disney... every haunted house should have something like this posted.

COVID-19 Warning
    We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Guests, and Cast Members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort.

An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.

By visiting Walt Disney World Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.

Help keep each other healthy.

Leave a comment:

• RJ Productions
    replied
    Awesome job Larry!!! This is why the Forum is so useful, ALL the info you need can be in one place. I have seen some of these articles posted elsewhere, but if you wanted to go back and review it...first remember WHERE you saw it, then try and find it.... OR just come here and get ALL the info! I read Larry's post about the PPP, decided to apply and GOT IT! Probably would not have attempted it had I not read the post! Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Good news from the PPP Front... Thanks to IAAPA several new things happened today. READ THIS

​​​​​​https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...bill/7010/text
    • Allows forgiveness for eligible expenses beyond the 8-week covered period to 24 weeks
    • Expands forgivable non-payroll eligible expenses from 25% to 40% of loan proceeds
    • Permits the restructuring of existing loans from two years to up to five-year terms
    • Ensures full access to payroll tax deferment for businesses that take PPP loans.
    • Provides a rehiring safe harbor for businesses unable to rehire employees due to the effects of enhanced Unemployment Insurance
    • Extends the deadline to apply for a PPP loan from June 30 to December 31, 2020

The bill now goes to President Trump, where it is expected to be signed into law. Thank you to all IAAPA members that have taken action and contacted your elected officials. Your efforts continue to make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ng/5219781002/

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Six Flags just announced they're re-opening and requiring all guests to wear facemasks, get temp checks to enter, and washing their hands.

I really can't see this working at all because a facemask is going to rip right off your face on a coaster. No way!

But either way this is what is happening. I expect to see Six Flags attendance down by well north of 50% with that plan.

We'll see.

But here is the main point ... you might need facemasks to open. We might need a group buy on facemasks.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    FROM DISNEY
    Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,

A little more than two months ago, I shared with you the details of our company’s plans to temporarily close our parks and resorts, pause cruises and make other changes because of COVID-19. While this time apart has been challenging for all of us, physical-distancing efforts around the globe have helped slow the spread of the virus and have allowed Disney to plan for a gradual reopening.

We began earlier this month with the phased reopening of Shanghai Disneyland and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort. Today, Disney CEO Bob Chapek announced additional plans including the expected reopening of Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort on June 15 and all Disney Vacation Club properties at the Walt Disney World Resort on June 22.

This is fantastic news and yet another positive step forward – for our Members, guests and our Disney teams

As we prepare to welcome you home, we have assessed every aspect of the resort experience – from pre-arrival to housekeeping to recreation – with your safety and that of our Cast Members as our top priority. A summary of what you can expect during your next visit is posted on the Disney Parks Blog. Some of the operational adjustments include:

Enhanced cleaning of all rooms prior to arrival, including additional measures for dishware and appliances for Disney Vacation Club units, along with the standard Disney Vacation Club housekeeping services during your stay

Increased cleaning and sanitization in high-traffic areas

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-siegel-disturbing-images-ozarks-missouri-pool-bar

OH MY GOODNESS ... even Fox News is DEEPLY disturbed by seeing a ton of people in a POOL!

Wait until someone launches a PR program INVITING the media into their attraction. I can’t wait to see what happens. Which haunted house will it be that has drone photos of your crowd, only then having CNN to Fox News doing a story about how DANGEROUS the haunt industry is.

Best plan (my opinion) ... based on conditions not changing

1) Hand out masks to every customer require them to wear (this MIGHT save you from a click bait media person)
    2) Set up hand washing stations
    3) Set up warning signs onsite and online

Then DO NOT SPEAK TO THE MEDIA not this year if you can avoid it. But if you have someone like me talking to the media I would probably say something like... Our attraction is one of the safest attractions someone could attend, we’re doing our part to get America back to normal, putting people back to work, and offering a very safe and exciting place for them to celebrate Halloween. People want to scream, have fun with their friends, family and be safe at the same time so we’re doing everything we can do to accomplish those goals.

Then I would probably thank them for contacting us and leave the conversation because it can only get worse.

IF I HAD NO CHOICE BUT to answer a question about what is so safe... they’d get a very generic answer like:

Well we’ve added washing stations, never had those in the past, we’ve posted warning signs about fevers, and flu like symptoms, we’re strongly encouraging all of our customers to wear face masks, while at the same time handing out our own to every guests. We want to be a part of the solution of getting back to work, entertaining people while at the same time keeping people healthy! We think its possible to accomplish all these goals thanks to our dedicated staff.

AGAIN THANKS FOR THE CALL and we appreciate your hard work keeping people educated and updated!!! Thanks Again Goodbye!

Remember anything and I mean ANYTHING you say to the media could be used against you in a lawsuit. So be careful what you say! NONE OF THIS MATTERS UNLESS EVERY HAUNT IS ON THE SAME PAGE!
    Larry

Leave a comment:

• Brighton Asylum
    replied
    I think most people have their own mask to wear but having masks on hand to give out in case they do not is a good idea. Anyone have a good source for cheap surgical masks at this time? Best price I can find is 47 cents a mask from china.

Also, Larry, do you have full size versions of your signs available? Ive tried to print them at the size downloadable from here and they are pixelated at the larger sizes. Great warning sizes thanks again for sharing.

Rich

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Oh no another one front page of Yahoo... this time in Texas. Way to many people in the POOL... what will the mainstream media say about haunted houses? https://www.yahoo.com/news/footage-packed-pool-party-houston-151247419.html

And another one from CNN Some Americans take a holiday from social distancing and officials fear future spikes in coronavirus cases

Who do you even believe because if I watch Foxnews they say cases are falling, if you listen to the President and his team they say cases are falling, but Fake News CNN its the opposite. If anyone in this room thinks the media isn't out to cause chaos between now and the election they're trying are lost.

Will the entire haunted house industry be shut down by one rogue comment from a haunted house owner? If anyone in this room thinks the public will care if your haunts are closed for 2020 you're sniffing glue! NO ONE WILL CARE! Haunted Houses are the furthest thing from essential.

OPEN FEWER DAYS

AVOID THE MEDIA

DO NOT POST PHOTOS OF CUSTOMERS ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA

ANY VIDEOS OR PHOTOS THAT SHOW CROWDS REMOVE FROM YOUR WEBSITE

CONSIDER HANDING OUT MASKS TO EVERY CUSTOMER - It might be your only savior if the media comes a knocking.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Again for the goofs who think this is the year to do national PR, or the people who think oh well CNN has been great to work with...

MAIN STORY RIGHT NOW ON CNN... TOP STORY!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/us/ozarks-missouri-party/index.html

Showing PICTURES of people in the Lake of the Ozarks, which is here in Missouri. NO ONE IS SOCIAL DISTANCING... OH MY GOSH SHUT IT DOWN!

Quote from the story: The gathering violates social distancing measures intended to limit the spread of Covid-19. As part of Missouri's reopening plan announced earlier this month, state officials said restaurants may offer dining-in services but must adhere to social distancing and other precautionary public health measures.

What is the point of these stories? Clearly to get liberals all wound up and call for closing beaches, lakes, and public places.

Obviously. Don’t be shocked when you see drones flying over your haunts this season!

If anyone and I mean ANYONE thinks there won’t be a picture coming from Fake News CNN about haunted house lines you’re a NUTS! NO to ANY PR PROGRAM! I’m going a step further NO TO LOCAL PR programs. Open and try to avoid the media. It’s not worth it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X