Transworld 2020 - Everything you Need to Know Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld 2020 - Everything you Need to Know Thread

Here is everything I know and suggestions I have for the industry. Furthermore if you're a vendor post your product line on a single youtube video and lets showcase!

1) Transworld Show cancelled their current date but why?

Answer: Because a lot of vendors started backing out. Some amusement parks cancelled attending. Transworld worked with the city to get them to cancel this allowed TW to get out from under 1.5 million dollars hotel room reservations. This also gave the people who reserved hotels the opportunity to get all their money back from the hotels. If several vendors aren't coming, and many buyers aren't coming its best to reschedule the show. This is what's happening.

2) Do I think the show should have cancelled?

Answer: Personally no I don't, but Transworld got several vendors putting a lot of pressure on them to do so. I say no because this whole virus thing is so over blown. Prior to testing its possible over a million people had this got some medicine and some rest and are fine within a week. This is just a case of the flu for most people. I doubt very seriously that the tradeshow would have been dangerous for most people. As i've been reading real doctors are saying flat out almost every case people are fine within a week. The media is acting like this is some kind of death sentence its not. People who've had recent medical issues should be triple safe, and sit it out sure thing. I believe that is the main issue with this virus its more dangerous than the FLU to people who're high risk. So yes need to be smart but I don't think cancelling the NHL season, or NCAA tournament is smart. The long lasting damage to our economy will be 100x more dangerous to this country than this flu like virus. People are still going out and acting like the nothing is happening, the only thing we're seeing STOP are sporting events and convention. Everything else is pretty much normal, walking around in a Walmart and touching things is probably 100X worse than going to a tradeshow but people are still at Walmart?

What is the difference between going to Walmart and going to a tradeshow? NOTHING! So close down all the Walmarts, close down all the bars, places to eat, close down everything then. Why hasn't that happened because this virus isn't what its being played up to be . I will continue to act normal and if I catch it like I catch the flu some years, you go to the doctor, get some rest and you get better. The world doesn't stop to keep us from contracting a cold or flu does it? But what is done is done. We need to support the new dates for many reasons.

Think about Escape Rooms aren't they dangerous in this current environment, you don't see them closing and business is fine. Again this whole thing is overblown.

3) Will the show be rescheduled?

Answer: Yes as far as I know. The talk is early June or Mid-may. I'm pushing for the soonest possible because this industry needs its vendors to do well. Most of these vendors are very small business owners, and they can't afford to spend every single penny they have only to see this show cancelled. We can't wait we need the first date possible.

4) Could the show be cancelled again?

Answer: I hope not. And note to any of the people who don't want to attend or exhibit don't complain to Transworld. Just don't show up. Seriously! The mass majority of haunted house and escape room owners are going to continue on. We need the show, we want the show, and it has to happen. Transworld should schedule it this time, and stick to their guns no matter what unless the city itself tells them no. If that happens then the show should just be scrapped for the year. Sad but true. Transworld needs to tell the vendors and buyers, come or don't come the show is going forward.

5) What changes should or could happen?

Answer: This is what I'm proposing to make the show best for everyone involved.

A) Shorten the show to 2 1/2 days. Start the show Thursday at 2pm to 8pm - Friday 10 - 6 - Saturday 10 - 7 with no Sunday (110% move out date) Why? Good question because over 50% of all the vendors can set up their booth in 6 hours or less. So this way they can save some money by coming in EARLY on Thursday setting up by 2 pm saving time and money. Even bigger vendors this would save them at least one day and hotel plus costs. For buyers this limits the excuses on why they can't attend. The show is shorter. Run all the Seminars Thursday - Saturday and be done. Transworld could also move all of their Wed AM seminars to Sunday because many will stay the night. In other words remove the WED aspect all together.

B) Create a space on the show floor where vendors can bring extra product and store for sales. In other words why have vendors sit around doing nothing for 6 weeks. Make your products and sell it off the show floor. But TW needs space for you to store all the extra product you're bringing. This will eliminate the issue of you losing production time... produce bring to the show and sell.

C) Cancel all the extra events like parties, vampire ball, etc just eliminate those events so this year the focus can be all in on getting business done on the show floor and to eliminate any addition fear of gatherings.

6) Darkness Haunted House Tour: We're still going to go forward once we know the new dates of the show. We're offering no refunds until we learn exactly what Transworld is doing. Ticket sales will resume when we have new dates.

7) St Louis Escape Rooms: if you booked our escape rooms email me darkrides@sbcglobal.net we need to cancel your booking and issue you a credit to rebook once the show happens. Good news on this front Wizard will be open and ready for bookings.

8) Transworld is setting up a virtual tradeshow for all vendors. Contact them directly

LASTLY: All vendors post your youtube videos here if you'd like. All vendors should promote their new product lines to inspire haunt owners to call NOW and place orders. Hauntworld will promote those videos on our facebook page which features over 600,000 followers. We want you to post your videos right here on Hautnworld.

Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Unit 70 full new line of products

Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Another suggestion...

VENDORS SHOULD sell everything they were going to bring. Take orders for new stuff and bring that to your booth in May and let people pick up off the floor. This is what should happen.
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

I'm hearing the new show dates will be May 7, 8 and 9 ... that is EIGHT WEEKS FROM NOW!

Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

POISON PROPS 2020 PROPS Virtual tour of the booth and all new props.
            All new 2020 props are loaded on the website now with videos, pictures and details.
            PoisonProps.com
            Thank you for the support.

sigpic
            PEACE, ADAM
            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

POISON PROPS 2020 PROPS Virtual tour of the booth and all new props.
              All new 2020 props are loaded on the website now with videos, pictures and details.
              PoisonProps.com
              Thank you for the support.

sigpic
              PEACE, ADAM
              www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Adam, do you still sell all those screams used on your animation like from this video?

jake

Comment

Shouldn't there be a #9: Transworld should demonstrate some actual integrity and tell Scare Factory not to bother showing up.

Comment

I have several vendors who're going to be posting RIGHT HERE on this thread. Everyone is making new Youtube videos. Stay tuned.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

I'll have several new videos for everyone in a few days. Vendors are making them as we speak!
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Get all the latest Transworld postponed details.

What we know right now?

Currently the show is postponed due to the virus outbreak. The convention center in St Louis has a 60 day block against gatherings which includes tradeshows.

Transworld is actively trying to find a new dates. The first dates available are in the middle of May. The most logical date would be over memorial day weekend. Our opinions here at Hauntworld is any dates into Mid-June do not work for the industry. If dates outside of late May do not present themselves the only logical thing to do cancel the show for 2020. We feel if the virus calms down within 30 days, and memorial day dates are open we should book the show and make it happen.

Beyond May dates nothing really makes sense. The question is will people attend a tradeshow over memorial day? Personally we believe the real buyers and vendors will due to the circumstances. So the real question should be posed to the haunted house industry will you skip your traditional family outings and attend a much needed tradeshow in St Louis over Memorial Day week?

If the show was shortened to 2 and a half days would you make the trek to the tradeshow? In other words the show starts Thursday at 2pm and ends Saturday at 7 pm, allowing people to head back home on Sunday still able to join events on Monday. Would this make a difference for you? Reason for starting the show Thursday at 2pm would allow 60% of TW vendors to set up the day of, saving them time and money.

Our personal opinion is yes the industry will be there the shows attendance might be cut in half, but it won't matter because the real buyers will be there. At this point it doesn't matter if 10,000 people attend, because clearly 60% of everyone who traditionally attends are not serious buyers anyway.

The Tradeshow is needed vendors are hurting and if Memorial Day is the only option then yes it should happen. All of this is moot if the virus impact hasn't drastically decreased, and bans of public assembly aren't lifted. Transworld is hurt by this, as is every single vendor who timed everything around being in St Louis March 2020.

Some vendors are asking Transworld to simply declare the show cancelled assuming then finally buyers will start making orders... this is clearly ill informed idea. Why? Haunted House owners right now are not seriously worried YET! The haunted house season wouldn't start for about 6 months why would a haunted house owner buy anything right now not knowing what is going to happen? Just because Transworld declares no tradeshow for 2020 won't change anything. Unless you're offering discounts so unreal, haunt owners simply aren't buying at the moment.

Vendors best hope is if the panic drops, Disney re-opens, sports go back into action, and things get somewhat normal in about 30 days. Personally I believe that is exactly what will happen and if it does, vendors will need a tradeshow and fast. Vendors will need to be prepared for a moments notice to get ready and again that rides on Transworld getting the date that make sense and the bans are lifted. Let me just state that this really isn't up to Transworld, or any of us, bans have to be lifted or this entire article is worthless.

I still strongly believe the main buyers will not miss the show for some lake side party over memorial day. I also believe that haunt owners will buy if or when everything calms down. So what are vendors suppose to do right now? Let's start with this message... this is no time to give up!

You can't give up! This is your way of life, this is how you support your workers, your family! The Government is giving loans, so borrow, or you just do your best until the sun comes back out and it will! Cut your staffs hours to the bare bones, whatever it takes to weather the storm but just don't lose faith. Everything will get better, and when it does the buyers will be there for the vendors, but vendors will need a show.

If the show is cancelled for 2020, and the panic ends by early Summer, haunted houses might make it out alive but what about the vendors. Our industry needs vendors now more than ever. We will have to do everything we can to help them. But if owners aren't willing to part with their money between now and the end of this nightmare, you need to be ready. Can you slowly stockpile inventory? Borrow money from the government, rent a storage unit and start stockpiling inventory for either new show dates, or for this summer when I expect buyers start making calls asking 'HEY WHAT DO YOU HAVE'? If you're going to survive this you have to bet on your own company, and this nightmare ending with haunt owners starting to buy buy buy!

What should haunted house owners do?

If you're in a position to help vendors and write orders please do that and now! If discounts are being offered take advantage betting this will all end and your haunt will open in September and do amazing. But I understand if you want to wait and see what happens. If things don't get better soon, I would start planning how you can operate your haunts with smaller staffs, cut back on expenses such as marketing, improvements, and even try to negotiate better leases if you don't own your property. If this situation goes on into the Summer or even Mid-Summer many people will not have the money to attend haunts. For the entire industries sake we need to get back to normal within the next 30 days and hope an end of May tradeshow can be pullled off.

If that doesn't happen we'll just have to take it day by day!

Honestly, and I'm usually right, (LOL) everything will calm down in about 14 days, and it will start with Disney re-opening its parks.

Have faith but be prepared to make a sacrifice for the betterment of the industry, and your business. We worked thru 911 and we'll work thru this nightmare together!

We shall continue to post updates as we learn them. Stay safe and stay scary!
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

I'm down with any date holiday included. The industry will show up because we're one big haunt fam. I feel so sorry for vendors and Transworld.

Comment

Thanks for the share Larry!

Comment

Working...
                              X