• drfrightner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Unit 70 full new line of products

Leave a comment:

• Transworld 2020 - Everything you Need to Know Thread

Here is everything I know and suggestions I have for the industry. Furthermore if you're a vendor post your product line on a single youtube video and lets showcase!

1) Transworld Show cancelled their current date but why?

Answer: Because a lot of vendors started backing out. Some amusement parks cancelled attending. Transworld worked with the city to get them to cancel this allowed TW to get out from under 1.5 million dollars hotel room reservations. This also gave the people who reserved hotels the opportunity to get all their money back from the hotels. If several vendors aren't coming, and many buyers aren't coming its best to reschedule the show. This is what's happening.

2) Do I think the show should have cancelled?

Answer: Personally no I don't, but Transworld got several vendors putting a lot of pressure on them to do so. I say no because this whole virus thing is so over blown. Prior to testing its possible over a million people had this got some medicine and some rest and are fine within a week. This is just a case of the flu for most people. I doubt very seriously that the tradeshow would have been dangerous for most people. As i've been reading real doctors are saying flat out almost every case people are fine within a week. The media is acting like this is some kind of death sentence its not. People who've had recent medical issues should be triple safe, and sit it out sure thing. I believe that is the main issue with this virus its more dangerous than the FLU to people who're high risk. So yes need to be smart but I don't think cancelling the NHL season, or NCAA tournament is smart. The long lasting damage to our economy will be 100x more dangerous to this country than this flu like virus. People are still going out and acting like the nothing is happening, the only thing we're seeing STOP are sporting events and convention. Everything else is pretty much normal, walking around in a Walmart and touching things is probably 100X worse than going to a tradeshow but people are still at Walmart?

What is the difference between going to Walmart and going to a tradeshow? NOTHING! So close down all the Walmarts, close down all the bars, places to eat, close down everything then. Why hasn't that happened because this virus isn't what its being played up to be . I will continue to act normal and if I catch it like I catch the flu some years, you go to the doctor, get some rest and you get better. The world doesn't stop to keep us from contracting a cold or flu does it? But what is done is done. We need to support the new dates for many reasons.

Think about Escape Rooms aren't they dangerous in this current environment, you don't see them closing and business is fine. Again this whole thing is overblown.

3) Will the show be rescheduled?

Answer: Yes as far as I know. The talk is early June or Mid-may. I'm pushing for the soonest possible because this industry needs its vendors to do well. Most of these vendors are very small business owners, and they can't afford to spend every single penny they have only to see this show cancelled. We can't wait we need the first date possible.

4) Could the show be cancelled again?

Answer: I hope not. And note to any of the people who don't want to attend or exhibit don't complain to Transworld. Just don't show up. Seriously! The mass majority of haunted house and escape room owners are going to continue on. We need the show, we want the show, and it has to happen. Transworld should schedule it this time, and stick to their guns no matter what unless the city itself tells them no. If that happens then the show should just be scrapped for the year. Sad but true. Transworld needs to tell the vendors and buyers, come or don't come the show is going forward.

5) What changes should or could happen?

Answer: This is what I'm proposing to make the show best for everyone involved.

A) Shorten the show to 2 1/2 days. Start the show Thursday at 2pm to 8pm - Friday 10 - 6 - Saturday 10 - 7 with no Sunday (110% move out date) Why? Good question because over 50% of all the vendors can set up their booth in 6 hours or less. So this way they can save some money by coming in EARLY on Thursday setting up by 2 pm saving time and money. Even bigger vendors this would save them at least one day and hotel plus costs. For buyers this limits the excuses on why they can't attend. The show is shorter. Run all the Seminars Thursday - Saturday and be done. Transworld could also move all of their Wed AM seminars to Sunday because many will stay the night. In other words remove the WED aspect all together.

B) Create a space on the show floor where vendors can bring extra product and store for sales. In other words why have vendors sit around doing nothing for 6 weeks. Make your products and sell it off the show floor. But TW needs space for you to store all the extra product you're bringing. This will eliminate the issue of you losing production time... produce bring to the show and sell.

C) Cancel all the extra events like parties, vampire ball, etc just eliminate those events so this year the focus can be all in on getting business done on the show floor and to eliminate any addition fear of gatherings.

6) Darkness Haunted House Tour: We're still going to go forward once we know the new dates of the show. We're offering no refunds until we learn exactly what Transworld is doing. Ticket sales will resume when we have new dates.

7) St Louis Escape Rooms: if you booked our escape rooms email me darkrides@sbcglobal.net we need to cancel your booking and issue you a credit to rebook once the show happens. Good news on this front Wizard will be open and ready for bookings.

8) Transworld is setting up a virtual tradeshow for all vendors. Contact them directly

LASTLY: All vendors post your youtube videos here if you'd like. All vendors should promote their new product lines to inspire haunt owners to call NOW and place orders. Hauntworld will promote those videos on our facebook page which features over 600,000 followers. We want you to post your videos right here on Hautnworld.

Working...
X