Transworld HAA Show Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld HAA Show Travel

Are anyone's travel plans being affected or changing due to the corona virus? TheGame Developers Conference, planned for March 16-20 in San Francisco, has been postponed. Facebook’s F8 developer conference has been shuttered. Workday canceled its annual sales meeting set for early March in Orlando. So, just wondering if others have thought about it.

I don't know of any cases here in St Louis.

I wouldn't worry about it. Its like crossing the street, you take a chance every single time.
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Nothing here everyone is business as usual. Remember 911 ? People in this country push through and keep going.

Comment

Here is the deal here is what I'm proposing... THERE WILL BE NO HAND SHAKING at Transworld 2020.

how about a pat on the shoulder, a fist bump, but no hand shaking.

They're saying this is what would be best.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Here is what I'm proposing for Transworld 2020. NO ONE will attempt to shake hands with ANYONE! Lets just make that rules #1 right now. It's not a disrespect thing but just a reality. So Rule #1: No Hand Shaking (rather pats on the shoulder, first bump). Rule #2 Every vendor has hand sanitizer in their booth. EVERY VENDOR! We should live by these two rules and if we do everyone should be fine! What does everything think?
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            Here is what I'm proposing for Transworld 2020. NO ONE will attempt to shake hands with ANYONE! Lets just make that rules #1 right now. It's not a disrespect thing but just a reality. So Rule #1: No Hand Shaking (rather pats on the shoulder, first bump). Rule #2 Every vendor has hand sanitizer in their booth. EVERY VENDOR! We should live by these two rules and if we do everyone should be fine! What does everything think?
            I agree Larry! We have decided we are still coming. It is something we look forward to every year and is where we make the majority of our purchases. No trying on of masks and no handshakes for me. I looks as though Transworld is upping their game as well based on their recent facebook post. " TransWorld's Halloween & Attractions Show

March 4 at 11:29 AM ·

TransWorld Trade Shows is actively and continuously monitoring (via local/national authorities, public health advice, and CDC/WHO guidelines) the status of the Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak. The health and safety of our exhibitors, attendees and staff is our number one priority.

The Halloween & Attraction Show, Christmas Show and Escape Room Conference will all be proceeding as scheduled March 19th-22nd, 2020 at the America's Center in Downtown St Louis.

TransWorld Trade Shows, in conjunction with the America's Center and Explore St. Louis, would like to share an update with you on how our teams are monitoring the situation and what preventative actions we are putting in place for our upcoming event.

•Increased surface cleaning (door handles, elevator buttons, escalator handrails, registration desks, restrooms, food service areas, coat check, etc.).
            •Increased hand sanitizing stations around the show (main lobbies, registration areas, food service areas, elevator and escalator landings, etc.)
            •Enhanced on-site medical services

We strongly urge our exhibitors and attendees to refer to the guidelines and protocols as suggested by the World Health Organization at www.who.int and local/national public health authorities to contain and mitigate against any further spread of the virus. We encourage all attendees to learn more about prevention information on the Center for Disease Control website at https://www.cdc.gov/…/2019-…/about/prevention-treatment.html.

Please feel free to contact Jen Thaler at Jen@haashow.com or Rich Bianco at Rich@haashow.com with any questions you have regarding this issue."

Comment

Do the people who run Transworld have any other option than to just push forward? Could they even financially survive having to cancel the trade show at the last minute?

Comment

Originally posted by bobby2003 View Post
                Do the people who run Transworld have any other option than to just push forward? Could they even financially survive having to cancel the trade show at the last minute?
                I am wondering the same thing. SXSW in Austin has cancelled and they say the city of Austin stands to lose up to 350 Million in revenue. The peeps that put that on stand to lose a large chunk of it as well I am sure.

Comment

This will probably be the best year to attend Transworld, for the very reasons mentioned above. The crowds will be down (no long waits), but the venders will all be there and VERY motivated to make the sale. And what with the uncertain season ahead, you're bound to get some great deals.
                  www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

From Transworld!
                    TransWorld's Halloween & Attractions Show
                    18 mins
                    ***Show Update 3.12.2020***

We wanted to share that Transworld’s Leadership team is meeting with city officials (along with many others) this afternoon to discuss the potential of postponing our upcoming event.

We will have a new update posted here within the next 24 hours.

We appreciate your continued patience as we monitor and work to properly handle this ongoing situation.

Comment

Apparently there is also a fake FaceBook post going around saying the show has already been cancelled.

Edit: Now officially postponed.

https://www.facebook.com/HAAShow/

We consider the members of the Halloween, Haunted Attraction, Room Escape and Christmas communities to be part of the TransWorld family.

We have all been under a great deal of stress, wondering whether the show will take place as originally scheduled. This is a tough time for all of us.

Unfortunately, due to the rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, we are postponing the TransWorld Shows and are working closely with America's Center to find alternate dates this spring to host our events.

As you might imagine, there are a million moving parts to a show of this size and we are working around the clock to figure out what comes next; as soon as we have confirmed information, we will share it with you.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

The TransWorld Team
                      Last edited by bobby2003; 03-12-2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X