No announcement yet.

The Darkness / Mini Golf / Escape Room Tour 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is update for you... we have no confirmed plans because i'm wiped out. But here is what I know for a fact...

I've already placed a massive order with Ghost Ride and Unit 70 plus several costume companies.

We're doing a renovation to The Darkness which MIGHT include the following:

1) We're tearing out the first scene inside the Darkness upstairs its kind of like a graveyard. We're turning that into a street where people are trick r treating. You will be attacked relentless by serial killers and killer pumpkins.

2) We're tearing out what use to be our Silent Hill Scene and building a new scene with witch demons hard to explain.

3) Ripping out a scene downstairs then trying to install our Slayer in its place. TBD.

We're also planning on adding a few other animations and FX thru out including putting new Darkness themed carpet in our gift store.

So you couple that with what we did last year: New 5 Minute Escape - New Monster Arcade - 16 New Scenes inside The Darkness - Two New Escape Rooms and a Mini Golf

You're talking about a million dollars in renovation.

Lastly, we're talking about selling our Mummy escape room and replacing it with yet another new Escape TBD.
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We have started to build Frankenstein Escape Room. It may or may not be done prior to Transworld but that is our goal!

This will be our 7th escape room. In time for Transworld we already have 6 escapes plus a mini golf.

We will try like hell to have Frankenstein ready to go!

We have also ordered new props for The Darkness. But I'm in no rush to get The Darkness done prior to Transworld.

Once I figure out if we can complete a renovation on Darkness we'll let people know what if anything we'll do with Darkness haunted house.

Won't know anything until sometime in January.

Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Check out the all-new Darkness Gift Store/Horror Museum.

I have to decide what we're going to do as to a tour ... let me start by saying March 4th is way to soon for me. I don't want to open unless I make really cool changes and updates. Last year we got totally burned so I'm not going to kill myself to get it ready by March 4th. If Transworld show gets moved back, then maybe we'll have it ready to go.

As of right now our plans for 2021 are the following:

1) Rebuild our Gift Store: CHECK DONE SEE PICS

2) Add a 7th Escape Room: We're doing that it will be Frankenstein Escape. We plan on starting this in about 2 weeks. I think we could have this done prior to March.

3) We're adding two new scenes and several new animations. Those new scenes will only be built one at a time. Once the first one gets done we'll move onto the second one.

4) Our biggest update is planned for Creepyworld. NOW this is where things get interesting. If Transworld is moved back into May then maybe we're talking about getting Creepyworld done and ready.

We'll have to see. Won't decide anything until after January.

Larry
        Attached Files
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Knew you had said something about a social bar and axe throwing on the escape side. Did you decide to go with more escape rooms instead. How much room is left upstairs w you putting in a 7th escape room. Are you selling off any of the others like the Cellar? Would you ever sell Terror Visions. I would love to see what you could add to the Darkness if you were able to use the entire space. You could always move Terror Visions. If you dont want to part with it. Just know it's been there a while.
          thanks just wondering
          Damon
          frightmasters.weebly.com

Damon Carson

Comment

Actually we have been hoping for a Creepyuworld tour for years, with the weather, time, $$$ associated we understand if you can but just wanted to put it out their.
            Last edited by EvilBeaver; 12-25-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Right now we're building a new scene in The Darkness. When we get a bit further along I'll post some pictures. After that we're going to build Frankenstein Escape. Once that is completed we're going to go full tilt boogey on Creepyworld. We'll see what happens. At Creepyworld we plan on a full renovation of Krampus, adding a pumpkin display, new haunt and a video mapping experience. Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Another update... if anyone is actually wondering if we'll do a haunt tour or not and making renovations let me say this. I've placed massive orders with Ghost Ride - Gore Galore - Unit 70 and multiple costume companies - Froggy Fog and some companies you might not have ever heard from before.

We're also right now producing all new CGI FX and building new scenes in The Darkness then off to build Frankenstein Escape Room.

I know I said I wasn't doing this stuff anymore but right now I don't have a choice. I'm trying to keep my year around crew employed while we wait for jobs for Blacklight Attractions.

If I had orders or projects we wouldn't be doing anything to The Darkness.

The real question here is can we open Creepyworld... well we're going to try. We're going to totally revamp our Krampus haunted house, add a video mapping experience, and a whole new haunted house. We're going to wait and see how far we get after January to decide anything.

Creepyworld is a monumental task to open.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

this is something we're working on for Creepyworld a video mapping haunted house.

Its POSSIBLE we could open for Transworld.

Larry
                  Attached Files
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Here are some build out photos of our all new conservatory. Its going to be pretty cool when its done. Never done one of these so this is something new.
                    Attached Files
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

We're also upgrading several other area's of the Darkness including multiple animations, lighting, sound, smell, and adding CGI explosion type scenes. If we decide to open for Transworld we won't post anything until sometime in February at the earliest. if we do something it won't be anything more than a behind the scenes tour. Today we start on our 7th escape rooms. I'll keep you posted. Larry
                      IMG_3560.jpgIMG_3564.jpgIMG_3563.jpgIMG_3564.jpgIMG_3560.jpg
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

The Darkness haunted house tour update: Right now we're not planning a tour. I'm also not planning on attending the show however I will be hanging out at my escape rooms. Looking forward to seeing friends and industry people. Our tour plans are really simple... we're currently working on Darkness - Building a new Escape and Creepyworld all at the same time.

We'd love to open Creepyworld due to the show being in May but our concerns are the show could get cancelled again, not as many people attend the show, etc. To open Creepyworld will cost me well north of $250k and I can't do that for free I'd need at least 1000 people to buy a ticket. So I'm not sure if that will happen in 2021.

So we're just wait and see what happens... if we can get Creepyworld ready to open and feel good about that then maybe. At Creepyworld we're building three new attractions and totally renovating a 4th. Not sure it will be done by May.
                        If we get far enough where we think we can risk setting it all up we're going to consider it.

As for Darkness we can just open it that is just easy the question is do we want to. So we'll have to see.

But we will keep you updated. Currently at Darkness we're building a really cool conservatory scene complete with 2 animations and 13 CGI FX. Yeah 13...

Stay tuned.
                        Attached Files
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Would love to see Creepyworld. Hope you open.

Comment

I would like to see the new animatronics you guys got

Comment

Wow! That really looks over the top! No pun intended.
                              Damon. frightmasters.weebly.com
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X