Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAD NEWS... Could effect your business Read On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAD NEWS... Could effect your business Read On!

http://www.ddimagazine.com/displayan...2fd92877bca8be

Maybe this will answer your questions about the current situation.

What do you think.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

So is this good news or bad news... if American's are saying they're cutting back on vacations and will spend less money on that, and will do things within 6 hours from their home, does that mean they might go to haunted houses as a cheap form of entertainment or could that mean things like haunts with high ticket prices could be cut out of the deal all together.

Clearly, people will be spending less this year on entertainment, and will try to save money. Good or bad you tell me?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I read that earlier and forwarded it to my partners. The most important part I think is this:

To save money, 33 percent of Americans are planning to stay with friends or family for lodging, while 37 percent plan to drive rather than fly. Twenty percent of those surveyed are planning a vacation rental instead of a hotel this summer. The survey also found that 69 percent of those surveyed said fuel prices will not influence where they plan to vacation, and 79 percent said terrorism is not a concern. Additionally, 53 percent of Americans are planning weeklong or longer vacations, and 60 percent are planning to travel to destinations that are more than six hours from their homes.
      So people will still be travelling, taking vacations, etc... They will just save money in other places.

Comment

Sucky Economy

I think people are just going to be more frugal. But if most haunts are like we were, most of our customers were teenagers - and they always have cash. I'm sure there will be a slump (it's been going low for years). I think areas that arent saturated with haunted houses will do decent, but those areas (ie NE ohio) may suffer a little more.
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Working...
        X