Record high gas prices and haunted houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record high gas prices and haunted houses

So do you guys think that this year people are going think twice before they head out to haunted houses this year? With gas almost $4.00 a gallon this year I wonder if people will save their money for gas or whatever instead of using it towards haunts this season. I live one hour away from my haunt 56 miles and I drive a 04 Dodge Ram with the Hemi. So to say that sucks the gas fast! Driving back and forth is gonna kill me.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Nah

They will come, It's only once a year.

Comment

Exxon and all of these other gas companies are making BILLIONS of dollars in profit...these people running for president don't seem to focus on that because they're in the back pocket. Our country needs to become energy independent and consider nationalizing energy like we did the post office for example.

People keep paying the price so I don't know how much it will affect doing things like going to see Iron Man this weekend. I think the box office will show you this summer if people are up or down on spending money to do things.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Also you'll start getting reports from the amusement park industry through the news are they up, down, or the same. That should also be a great barometer to what will happen or effects they will have on haunts.

I'm already planning on cutting down my marketing expenses for 2009 to save some money.

I'm also doing some cool things with my marketing to start it sooner, to have a better website things like that.

Most importantly to have a BETTER haunted house!

The Darkness will now have TWO haunts rather than one for one price and Creepyworld will have FIVE for one price, actually same price. I hope this keeps the value high to offset fuel costs or a shaky economy.

The thing you should really start worrying about is will the feds announce a full blown recession. Thankfully Bush is doing what he did last time and is sending people money in the mail. Hopefully it works again who knows.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

I agree

We need to become energy independent, we have the resources in Alaska, where they only want to use a little bit of the land, and 75% of the people there are for it.http://www.anwr.org/

and for all of you naysayers that bitch about getting a stimulus check, send it back!

Comment

Yeah right, Bush got us into this mess, or at least he contributed to it. The oil prices will mysteriously drop as soon as Bush leaves office. What do we expect when we vote in two oil guys in to lead the country. You reap what you sow, we asked for this and we got it.

Darkangel

Comment

lol

Darkangel, you really think prices will drop when he leaves, in case you haven't noticed other countries like China and a few others consume so much that it doesn't really matter, ask Mr. Chavez why his gas prices are so low, he'll tell you because they drill for their own oil, not import it, why can't drill for are own oil in Alaska?

Comment

Oil prices will not drop when he leaves...China is buying so much oil it leaves the quantity lower plus all the problems with Chavez. In case you didn't know it Chavez nationalized the oil industry and kicked out all of the oil companies and made them agree to lower percentages.

However I do think Bush lets these oil barrons get away with murder, but even Gore stepped up and did say its not Bush's fault, he said it was supply and demand.

If you really want to know who's fault this is its our goverments for years of backing oil companies rather than alternate energy sources. I wanted a documentary once that showed how wind power, or this or that doesn't get government subsidies but for some reason the oil industry still does.

Seems backwards... oil companies looking out for profits. They're making so much money its not even funny! Exxon is the WORLDS biggest company what does that tell you?

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Actually Larry, the other "evil empire" LOL Walmart is the world's largest company.

Wal-Mart is not just the world's largest retailer. It's the world's largest company--bigger than ExxonMobil, General Motors, and General Electric.

Comment

My two cents. "WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR" Great Documentary that will make you want to get involved an do something. Be a part of the solution not the problem!
                    And to Motograter buy a PRIUS. I did and can fit my entire drum set. A 8' ladder, 10 pipe, square tubing. The car ROCKS!
                    sigpic
                    PEACE, ADAM
                    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Barry,

Check again, I just read the article on Forbes a few days ago. Exxon is the WORLD biggest company, and the #1 most profitable company. . Exxon is the number one company in profits... and listed as the 5th biggest company.

Walmart is listed as the 16th biggest company but if you change it to say sales Walmart is number one.

But overall in profits they're way down on the list, and overall size 16th.

Exxon is listed as the 5th biggest overall and #1 in profits...that is the part that should bother us...we are all suffering and they're making more profit than any company on EARTH!

Read it here...

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/18/...2000_Prof.html
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Yes, I was referring to revenues as stated in the recently released Fortune 500 rankings.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure Bush and Cheney made nothing on this oil increase...with them being oil guys and all...Record profits for oil companies, some say incentive for middle east war, all happening the past 8 years. Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Darkangel

Comment

Last April 1st the Senate had several oil company executives before them and after any veiled threats the oil guys said, "Well, the price of gas can always go up!"
                            That will teach those upstart senators to drag us in here!
                            Then a few days ago the Rockafeller family who still owns a vast holding in Exxon had a meeting in New York, inviting reporters to express their personal dissmay at the direction Exxon has been headed as far as the environment and seeking alternative fuels , blah,blah, blah!
                            Seems to me just maybe they were trying to position some public opinion in their favor before the old feces hits the fan of public demands for our governemnt to fix the profit problem at the pump. Whatever became of that old thing called "Anti-Trust legislation?"
                            Some companys have been dragging the retired employees back into court and strippiong away half or more of their pensions, and we are talking little guys here not CEOs, why can't the government do the same with Exxon's excessive profits?
                            I hope when everything goes to hell because of lack of government governing, those politicians in the oil company's pocket choke on the pocket lint.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                            X