hayride sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hayride sound

We have gone from individual stereo systems at each of our sets to cassestte players , to cd playes and now MP3 players on the wagons - which still leaves room for human error - does anyone have a suggestion for a more "automatic " sound system - I remember reading something about a triggering device at the sets
    MG
    www.frightfulnights.com

Call Stan at Digital Sound and Lighting. I he has several sound options and the best hayride triggers available. You need to have a device that enables you to stack sound files in order and triggers them in sequence. Gilderfluke used to have a device like this as well but I think the MP3-50 replaced it, not a bad option either. When you record your files, include a slow fade up and out to avoid pops and sudden sound bursts. You could create a sequence as follows:

-Ambient Sounds
    -Graveyard Scare
    -Ambient Sounds
    -Old Mill Scares
    -Train Crossing Scare
    -Ambients Sounds
    -Barn
    -Ambient Scares

You get the idea, after the triggerd effect sounds, the unit always goes back to ambient, this can be tricky to time out but is worth it. We did this for an amusement park Mini Train years ago. Music then effects.

Matt
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

hayride sound

We have used CD players then Mp3 players and they are not full proof, We now use Guilderfluke which works the best.
      I use the sd25 with an Ir-rx receiver and Ir-tx , I place the Ir transmitters at every set, they trigger sd 25 to play that specific track. the sd 25 can handle 255 different tracks, I use about 13 tracks which require 13 transmitters. if a set is 1 min long I add an extra minute of generic sound incase the tractor driver has to stop and wait. if the driver drives to fast, the transmitter will step on that track and go to the next.
      I have ours mounted to the front of our wagons along with a 1000 watt amplifier, both are in a Nema 3 box that is water tight. the speakers are mounted 4' high on the front of the wagon, along with rear speakers on the back steps.
      The Sd 25 uses a SD card and has a 50 watt amp.
      frightland.com

Comment

It is possible to put speakers on the hayrides, and have the sounds change on the hayride itself based on the location or scene of the wagons. I think this is what we're going to try and do for 2008, because that way te sound is perfect.

Plus if you're trying to tell a story or anything like that you can have different sound for different scenes be as clear as well digital sound right on the wagon.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
        X