Question: Audio Solution for Talking Skeletons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Audio Solution for Talking Skeletons

Another question -- What is the best audio solution out there that allows someone to plug in multiple sources into the same box...and a seperate audio clip can be piped into each output at the same time?

I have a half-dozen skulls that move their jaws when plugged into the earphone jack of an audio source. Traditionally I have a splitter that allows the audio to both pipe to a speaker and move the jaw simultaneously, thereby allowing a talking skull (and hence, a talking skeleton).

Previously we've gone the low rent solution of coordinating two or more skulls having a conversation by recording both tracks, then syncronizing breaks in each character's conversation in an audio program like Audacity. Each skull gets its own CD player and, when the CD players are started up at the same time, in theory, the two skulls "talk" to each other. The problem is that if ONE of the audio sources gets goofed up, the whole thing's out of whack.

We have a gallows scene this year that involves three characters talkling to each other. I'd love a SINGLE audio source using MP3s that start and stop together, so if the system breaks down I don't have to sync them all up again.

Does that make sense? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
    DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
    www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Try Gilderfluke or Digital Sound and Light. Im sure either one of those companies will have what you need. Fright props may have something as well. Gilderfluke's products are top notch.
    Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
    [n8 creative studios]

Comment

SkullTroniX Exorcist can handle this

if you use a 7.1 surround sound card you can have 8 channels of sound from a single PC

of course this is PC driven, not an M3 player, but you also get triggering option and can synch lights and other motions to your sound track

Comment

Working...
      X