Rubies show In Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubies show In Las Vegas

Today we just received an invite in the mail to attend the Rubies event to be held in Vegas next April. I looked it over and was thinking about it until I got to the booth rent. For a the smallest booth a 10x6 or 10 the cost was over .......are you ready for this? $3,000.00 thats right $3,000.00 needless to say GrossParts.Com won't be at this show, oh it did say we would get 2 undraped tables as well as 4 chairs and a waste paper basket..what a deal huh....lol.

Jeff
    sigpic
    The only place to get more realistic body parts is the local morgue"
    www.GrossParts.Com

$3,000 for a table, two chairs and a waste basket.....what would James Bond do?
    Fold the table legs, lay the table flat on the floor, put the two chairs on the table, put the waste basket on for your helmet . "Cleared for take off!"
    This would get people to look at Your space now wouldn't it?

$3,000 for all of this versus the price of a web site.
    And why might trade shows be going the way of the Doe-Doe Bird?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jeff Thats funny I was just about to post about the exact same thing, $3095.00 for the smallest booth available is steep BUT you get 3 nights free at the RIO hotel . WOOHOO UHHHHH NO!
      This isnt THE RUBIES show, they are merely exhibiting as well as a few other costume companies.
      If you read closely youll see that it says that this show will bring in hundreds if not thousands of buyers that want to take advantage of LATE DATE sales.

This show is being presented by specialty trade shows, and is being held in a hotel not a convention center. Im with jeff on this one, bodyBa will not be at this event.
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I choked when i saw the price on the booth!
        I am going to call them and ask about the typo on the price. And when they say its not a typo im going to laugh and ask what vendors do you have signed up?

WHAT A RIP OFF!!! Its a real shame!
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

The last few months...

I've been thinking a lot about what Jim said in his last paragraph (I'm psychic, so I knew he was going to say it today With a relatively small market and with the internet still progressing in being able to reach those small niche markets, trade shows like these may indeed be on their way out. Nothing beats the excitement of seeing new products in person, but the problems with these shows have been laid out well on here the last few weeks. With only 1200 or 1600 or 3000 haunts, you can really start thinking about a direct mail and/or email campaign to reach them. And of that number, how many really send reps to one of the shows? Probably a very big percentage, but that still leaves hundreds that aren't there that will still be buying something from somewhere. With the right marketing plan, it could be you.

Comment

Working...
          X