Chicago 2009 looks solid....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago 2009 looks solid....

http://www.hcpshow.com/ and http://hauntshow.com/ have both been updated. Back to Rosemont we go.
    "Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box? "

The only thing not confirmed is the vendor list.
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicalape View Post
      http://www.hcpshow.com/ and http://hauntshow.com/ have both been updated. Back to Rosemont we go.
      Unless this is Transworld's version of an April Fools prank. LOL.
      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Well, this is one vendor who will not be freezing his butt off in Chicago in January. TW has lost me as a vendor and I encourage other vendors to follow suit. Show TW that unless they treat vendors properly and with some respect, we won't go. I'd rather gamble IN Vegas than WITH Chicago's winter weather. How would you, as a vendor, like to have a booth with nothing in it because the shipping got slowed by snow. Or, vendors show up but no buyers because of a blizzard. The snowfall in February during TW sent a lot of buyers home early two years ago, Remember THAT? Or maybe, getting stuck in O'Hare for several days, waiting for the runways to clear. NO THANKS!!!

Comment

Transworld is solid! ...as in"Frozen?"
          A year ago we had the most warm and pleasant January EVER!
          But it was a first and maybe never again?
          You do have to play the odds..odds say cold-snow-ice.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thats to bad, it would have been nice in Orlando.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I'm all for Orlando or Houston, don't think Chicago in Januaru would be worth it. Too F'N cold amongst other things.

Comment

Come on Guys....

January is not that bad heck what else is there to do in January! I look foreward to the snow and cold and a warm building and being able to hang with friends. I myself dont see it to be that bad of a thing!
                sigpic

Comment

That's because you're NOT a vendor and looking at the possibility of LOSING thousands of dollars because nobody comes to a snowed out show except a bunch of local "haunters" who are not buyers. At least with your problem with Scare Parts YOU have somebody you CAN TRY to get your money back from. Who would the vendors go to for lost money. TransWorld, Chicago, You? Hah!
                  By TW trying to steal a march on the Houston show, they have once again screwed over the very people who keep them going, the vendors. If you want to go and socialize with other haunters, then go to HauntCon or MHC. Don't ask us, who have to make a living selling our products to retailers and other buyers, to take a big risk because you want to get together with "friends".

Comment

I see TW as a business trip. I go there to plan and purchase things for my haunted attraction. I spent 3 days at the show in Vegas and spent most of that time at the show talking to vendors, placing orders and learning from other haunt owners. The seminars I attended were the best I have ever been to.

I suppose if you're just there to see the new animated props and basically see what's new, you can do everything you need to do in one day. I talked to the insurance companies and marketing companies. I spent a lot of time talking to vendors about custom props so my haunt looks different from the competition. I have to change a large percentage of my attraction every year to be competitive in my market. Even though I build everything myself, including animations, I still need to spend a good deal of money to do it. I am careful who I spend with and do a lot of shopping and research at the show. In short, I am there to work.

If you are using TW as just a fun trip or, if your attraction makes a ton of money and you don't need to do anymore tweeking because you have it mostly figured out, then I can see Vegas being so much more attractive. There is definitely way more to do. For me, I am looking at how my attraction can make more money. That's why I go. I didn't do very much anyway aside from work.

I am happy to see the show moved up to January. It gives me more time to plan and purchase and it allows vendors more time to fill orders. Chicago is located closer to many of the bigger companies. While I appreciated the new companies I talked with ,and placed orders with, from the west coast. I really didn't see any that had huge booths or large props. They could easily make the trip to Chicago if they wanted.

If people stay away in protest. I am thinking they are likely not the people placing a lot of orders. Foot traffic may be lower but I doubt it will affect orders taken. Although this brings up another point. Moving TW up to January makes room for other haunt shows to move up their dates and possibly be a bigger player. It might even make room for another new convention.

As for weather, it will be plenty warm and dry enough inside the convention center. It's true there is always a chance of a winter storm causing travel problems.
                    For me, having to fly across the country was no picnic. Bad weather anywhere will screw you. I spent 20 hours trying to get home to NY because of weather in Texas. I would rather drive the 9 hours to Chicago and be able to bring stuff home if I want.

I am going to try to make it to MHC this year because I have never attended. I have been to Hauntcon twice and had a really good time there. I think the other conventions might be more fun overall, not that I don't have a great time at TW, it's just that it's 90% business for me. TW is not like the other conventions, it is an industry trade show designed for businesses.
                    Jim H
                    Dark Raven Designs
                    http://www.darkravendesigns.net

Comment

Brckee1

I totally agree Brckee1 . Bottom line is if you want to go and buy you will. Hell if it was in the desert people would say its to hot. Life is made up of all kinds of inconviences rain,sleet.snow drought, gas,war everyhing has its ups and downs. I 100%disagree with you Infoamtec there are many things that could happen between now and then hell even another 9/11 I dont see a little snow and cold being a problem. Now when you look at all the other crap going on in the world. If your a good company and you are honest and up front. Build it trust me they will come. I too do alot of buying but I dont do all my buying at the show I go I look and some orders I place there others I come home and think about and try to find out more on the company. ( I have learned from my ScareParts days) So my opinion is if you stay home then thats you but I dont see everyone boycotting because of the month or the weather. Anything can happen and I mean anything the world may end by then but if it dont and Good Lord Will!! My butt and crew will be there.
                      sigpic

Comment

Waaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't let a little snow discourage you!

Comment

Just a few thoughts. As far as weather, The weather is a gamble any time iof the year and no matter where you go. Have it in Orlando in Feb and there might be a hurricane. I have been to Chicago 6-7 times for transworld and NEVER had a problem with the weather til last year.

Lastly, maybe the fact that it sounds like TW is going to be competeing with the Houston show, they will try to out do them, put on abetter show and be more organized. LOL, this is the EARLIEST I can ever recall seeing any anouncements on any of the TW sites. Normally, it seemed Summer was when they got around to posting ANYTHING?

Oh well, no need to complain or plan or think about TW now. Next up on my schedule is HAUNTCON and then the MWHC, and planning for my October.
                          www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

"Everyone talks about the weather..but nobody does anything about it."....King Tut?
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Snow does affect the bottom line

The last show in Chicago, everybody left Saturday before the snow. Sunday, and the rest of the show, the floors were pretty much empty. That is not good for the bottom line. And if vendors don't do well, they don't make product and they don't come back for more shows. As for bringing your crew, Graystone, that's still just ONE buyer, YOU! The rest (and I'm being honest here, not mean) just take up space, catalogs and vendor's time. Vendors invest too much time and money trying to make enough orders and sales at these shows to live on the rest of the year, to take a big gamble on chancy weather. I will probably go to the Houston show instead. Tell you what, Graystone, try keeping your haunt open ALL YEAR, good weather or bad, and pay all your people for every day that it's open. Also, sell your tickets for half price to anyone that asks for the wholesale price. A lot of us small vendors are just hanging on by the skin of our teeth and a bad show can be ruinous. I licensed my line of foam latex prosthetic faces to a company that's making them in China because not enough people bought them at the last Chicago show. EVERYBODY WENT HOME BECAUSE OF THE F*****G SNOW!!! So don't shoot your mouth off about things you know nothing about!

Comment

Working...
                              X