Helmet Cam Video is HERE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Cam Video is HERE!!!

Here’s a video of the new Monster-Tronics Helmet Cam shot on location at Erebus Guinness World Record Largest Walk Through Haunted House. Video sound track compliments of Netherworld’s Spirits of the Dead CD.

Video was recorded off a wireless feed while going through the haunt in total darkness. There is a little static which I’m working on fixing with a new antenna system.

Regards,
    Jeff Londos
    Monster-Tronics
    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
    www.Monster-Tronics.com
    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Very cool Jeff!
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I like it!

Ben
      NETHERWORLD
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

I don't understand it.
        Anyone want to explain it to me?
        Big fish in little bowl?
        ?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
          I don't understand it.
          Anyone want to explain it to me?
          Big fish in little bowl?
          ?
          A helmet cam is to allow one to make a visual record from one's point of view without requiring the use of one's hands.

Its like playing a video game in first person perspective. Or as Monster-Tronics
          has it, the camera is facing the patron so you can see his/her reactions to all the scares.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Sorry for not providing the product detail. Below is more info, for those that missed the original thread.

The Helmet Cam is due to be released at Hauntcon!

People love to watch other people get scared going through a haunted house!

Monster-Tronics Helmet Cam films the face of patrons going through a haunted house. It can record to an onboard digital recorder or broadcast a wireless signal to a wait line monitor. Great fun to watch!!!

* Use it for making live or recorded queue line entertainment.

* Add video to your advertising packets to send out to news papers, cable, TV and radio stations.

* Make money selling DVD’s of patrons going through your haunt. Burn a DVD in minutes from flash card or straight off the wireless feed.

Sleek helmet design with integrated color/night vision camera, wireless transmitter, and digital recorder.

Features:
            Spin mount forward or backward looking camera.
            2 Mile LoS wireless range (line of sight)
            30 foot night vision range.
            High resolution full motion on-board digital recorder.
            On-board audio so you can hear them SCREAM!!!
            Removable flashcard for full motion video.
            Rechargeable Helmet battery pack and charger.
            Black/White picture in night vision mode or full color with white light.
            Wireless receiver with standard NTSC video and audio jacks.

Options:
            Removable LED white light for night color recording.
            Custom helmet paint job – Your haunts logo or graphics on helmet or skull, flames creatures etc…
            Wireless transmitter and receiver only, digital full motion video recorder only, or both on board.
            Last edited by Monster-Tronics; 03-13-2008, 07:43 AM.
            Regards,
            Jeff Londos
            Monster-Tronics
            www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

Jeff,

I want one for SURE! Question... how does it record so you can make a dvd out of it or whatever??

Also thanks for the discount offer for HHA members.

Name: Jeff Londos

Company Name: Monster-Tronics

Description of Company: Monster-Tronics are known in the haunt industry as the Innovators in Haunt Technologies. Spawned from the Monster-Labs emerges the New Helmet Cam, Infrasonic Fear Generator, Animatronic Costumes, FlashFright remote controlled flashlight, Spitasaurus & Mind Blower Animatronic Prop’s, Head Tracking System, Illuminated Prosthetic’s, Custom Creations and much, much more!

Description of Discount Offer: 10% off list price on the new Helmet Cam, Infrasonic Fear Generator, All Animatronic Costumes, Spitasaurus & Mind Blower Animatronic Prop’s

Email: info@Monster-Tronics.com

Contact Number: (248) 437-1135
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention is that the original concept was from Brett Hays so he gets the first one for free.

If you want to sell experience DVD’s to patrons, the quickest and easiest would be to use a DVD Recorder like this one:

http://www.abcwarehouse.com/product_...~prod_ID~24038

The DVD Recorder will record the video from the wireless Helmet Cam in real time so the DVD will be ready as the patron exits the haunt. There is a wireless receiver that plugs in to the DVD Recorder that receives the signal from the helmet . Just push record and your good to go, no PC or screwing around needed.

If you want to record high resolution video for marketing etc, I would recommend using the on-board digital recorder which takes perfect full motion movies. The recorder has a flash card that you can plug into a PC or I might be able to provide a cable feed from the helmet which you could use the DVD Recorder also. Then you burn the DVD.

It sounds complicated but it’s not. There is only one cable to plug in on the receiver, you push a couple of buttons and your working. All of my products come with a user guide that you can discard like any real man would do. Lol

Thanks for your interest, I think this will be a really fun and profitable product for a haunt to use.
                Regards,
                Jeff Londos
                Monster-Tronics
                www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

helmet cam

Really cool.

One more idea for you. How about giving the second one to anyone named Brett , a haunter, an old Jaycee, and that is also in Indiana! ... Hey that's me!

Looking forward to it's release. See you in Vegas !!!

p.s. Hey Warfield, when you get it. Get one and I want to see it on the faces of the people that slide down into the basement! I am sure that would be cool!

Brett Molitor
                  JamBam/Huntington Jaycees Haunted Hotel-13th Floor
                  www.HauntedHuntington.com
                  www.myspace.com/the_haunted_hotel
                  Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                  Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Do you sell it complete with some sort of recording device... flash card recorder sounds perfect to me. Just wondering. I think many people would rather buy something complete, so we don't have to do anything but plug and play!

I want one either way!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yep, everything you need will come with it. I have already thought about having a tested DVD Recorder too that you could get as an option, incase you already have one.

I agree with having a turn-key product so you don’t have to get anything else, you just plug it in and go. I just like to provide a lot of options and most of the time I confuse people.
                      Regards,
                      Jeff Londos
                      Monster-Tronics
                      www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

I was standing at the finish line of a 5 mile run we had in town. It was raining rreal hard. I was amazed at how few people from here were participating in the race.
                        Much later I realised there were alot of locals in that race that day! It was just that I couldn't recognise most of them after they had run five miles in the rain!
                        (Stretch that face
                        ! Open that mouth as wide as you can, pour water all over yourself, now look in the mirror!)
                        I wonder how many people will recognise themselves in deep fear-expression!?
                        hahahaah!
                        "Hey! You gave me the wrong dvd, this isn't me!"
                        "Yes it is!"
                        "No it isn't!"
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, I want to give you a Helmet Cam too so you can wear it and record yourself and make a DVD.

We will call it “A day in the life of Jim Warfield”

It will be a huge hit, but I get to sell the DVD on my website!!! Deal?
                          Regards,
                          Jeff Londos
                          Monster-Tronics
                          www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

Jeff....

I dont see where you listed Graystone as recieving one. I mean after all I do have a lot of people reading what I say ( and everyone knows I have a lot to say). And what better way to sell tons than have the stamp of approval from Shane@ Graystone on it. To get the stamp of approval all you need to do is .
                            (1) Be Honest (This is most Important)
                            (2) Have good customer support
                            (3) Build it and ship as promised.
                            (4) Never ever ever take advantage of the buyer.
                            Jeff these few things will make your product a hit for sure. Well that and my approval. So when will I be getting mine. As soon as it arrives and its tested I will be here to list the results!!!!!!! Shane@ Graystone
                            sigpic

Comment

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a free Helmet Cam if I were you Shane! lol

All kidding aside, I do very much believe in good business ethics! When I first got into haunting, I could not believe how several of the haunt vendors treated their customers. What was really funny was how after getting screwed the same customers kept going back to the vendor over and over.

In my former life I was a very successful Network Systems Engineer which helped design, sell and install some of the largest networks in the world. If you bought a car, used a bank, or have insurance, etc.. your data has gone over one of the networks I have helped build. In this type of business, communications with the customer is critical and screw them once, and you are done, you won’t be doing any future business with them.

My goal in creating Monster-Tronics was to bring my work ethics to the haunt industry. The last two years we have cut off sales early in the season when I knew I was at production capacity. We take your credit card info at the time of your order but do not charge a cent until the order ships. Nine times out of 10 if you call I answer the phone. That includes after hours and on weekends. I return emails promptly.

Last year we had several delays from my parts suppliers which caused delays getting some products out, but I kept all of the customers informed. We had two orders that did not go out last year and neither one was charged. Both were caused by a weird casting problem that was beyond my control. I have been pre-ordering lots of supplies for this year and have fixed the casting issue to try and correct the problems from last year.

I have several customers that I floated charging them because they were short on funds and I have still not been paid. I’ve had customers that canceled their orders at the last min and customers that do not return calls or emails. You guys say that vendors never return calls or emails, well many haunters are the same way!

I hear where you are coming from and it is about time customers stop bending over.

Ok, I’ll get off my soapbox now and sorry for the dissertation but I too feel very strongly about doing the right thing as a company and don’t like to see people screwed either.
                              Regards,
                              Jeff Londos
                              Monster-Tronics
                              www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

Working...
                              X