No announcement yet.

Biggest Complaint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complaints - we have had a few. Not many but in my time we have heard everything from "someone touched me" to "no one touched me".

Our target audience is a 21 year old male in a group of 3 or more. There are many complaints from this kind of group due to the psychological aspects of the group and the male ego.

Having said that, we hear things like

"someone touched me" or "no one touched me"
    "That was it?" Even though on screen video you could see him or her get the crap scared out of them on several occasions.
    "I didn't like the crawling"
    "I didn't like that I couldn't see"
    "I didn't like that I got that scared"
    "I didn't like that I was not scared enough"
    "I didn't like (insert everything that you worked on for the past 11 months)"

Complaints you will have every night that you are open. It is how you deal with them. I usually have a snappy comeback to every silly complaint. Real complaints I offer one of two things. More tickets to come back another night or something of equal value (ie t-shirt, hot dog, blah blah blah). Most take the tickets and I see them on another night. Not everyone has a good night. It may be that their day was crappy and their friends forced them to come. If I can get them back on a night and they have a good time, they will tell all their friends good things instead of bad.

Thanks,

Binky
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

www.shotgunmanor.com

Comment

Late one October a man and his two teenage girls showed up, we were almost closed for the night so I did their entire tour.
      I had overheard him telling them as he bought their tickets that my place was so incredible, he had been here just that same summer.
      Everything seemed all right until the tour was very close to completed then this goof begins bitching that the tour was no good because nothing was changed since he had last been here(his first time)
      I listened politely (somewhat surprised by such a change in him from the tour's beginning)
      After he was done ,I told him how I had been working everyday, long hours on things that he would not be seeing as he went through the house, yet these things were extremely necessary things that had to be worked on and completed. Steel conduit, "electrical" in nature)
      He STILL was now whining and bitching! Now that the admission was way too high!?
      I finally just looked at him with a mournful expression and said:"I'm really sorry if those admission dollars are so precious and hard to come by for you but most people don't seem to have to work or put out any extreme effort as you must have to do to make those same dollars, so they don't get as upset to spend that much money."
      And I meant it. He may have calmed then...no, I did not return any admission money to him.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Last night I asked a customer my typical question:"What is the most memorable,scary, or entertaining thing that you have ever seen in another haunted house?"
        This was a new observation coming from a customer:"Well, you know, after awhile, they all seem to blur together......?
        So what do the rest of your think? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
        "Good" if their mind blurs Elmer & Ed's Haunted Chicken Coop with the Disney Mansion, right? Especially if you happen to be Elmer or Ed! (Or their chicken!)
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
          Last night I asked a customer my typical question:"What is the most memorable,scary, or entertaining thing that you have ever seen in another haunted house?"
          This was a new observation coming from a customer:"Well, you know, after awhile, they all seem to blur together......?
          So what do the rest of your think? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
          "Good" if their mind blurs Elmer & Ed's Haunted Chicken Coop with the Disney Mansion, right? Especially if you happen to be Elmer or Ed! (Or their chicken!)
          I guess what they mean is that the more haunted houses they go to, the more each haunt looks like the last.......or something.

Comment

Theres a postive way to look at the TOOO SHORT complaint. Wheter your haunt is 10 minutes or an hour long, the customers have lost track of time and started to enjoy themselves. Its not the fact that the haunt is too short, but the fact that they if given the option want to see more of what you can do. And thats what keeps them coming back year after year. If you put all your ideas into one Giant haunt and kept it the same do you think you would have people coming back to see you, or would you rather have it be a 20 minute walk and have repeat customers?
            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I have my house fairly full of objects and varied experiences and guess what? It has not drastically changed that much over 15 years but people can't see it all, can't remember it all, and often remark "Oh, look at that, that's "new" isn't it!"
              "It was new ...10 years ago."
              People also lose all track of time when going through my house and are very surprised that 90 minutes or more have passed since they walked in here.
              I guess this means I have entertained or distracted them, given them some new things to think about or consider, basically engaged their minds with..something unusual. (And I have a whole lot of fun myself as it happens.)
              After 20 years I have almost accumulated enough laugh-energy to power my return to my home planet, Laffingyerassoff!
              Hey earth, it's been fun.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X