Hauntcon & Halloween Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntcon & Halloween Expo

Didn't know who may of went. And if it was larger than last year? Just wondering people's thoughts on it for this year. Didn't know if it did any better this year attendance wise.
    Thanks
    Damon
    frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

I talked to a few people... there was some cool stuff there because a lot of these retail vendors have started making super cheap haunted house type stuff.

Outside of that I heard same ole same ole hardly anyone was there.

Retail ma and pa Halloween shops are dead now... between Walmart, Target, Party City, Spirits and the biggest of all Amazon there is almost no Halloween stores left. All these players order over a year in advance and I think they do most of the ordering directly or thru a show called the toy fair.

This show is on its last leg but the vendors it seems did a fantastic job. Probably would have been worth it to go see.

I hope Transworld can pull in a few more retail vendors, because our gift store last year did great.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Pretty much what I figured.

Not saying that I wouldn't of mind going this year. It really looked like they did a better job vendor wise like you sd Larry. I actually was asked by Leonard to do a detail class but I didn't end up doing it. Just wasn't sure it be really worth it if not many were attending. I'm really looking forward to Transworld this year! With everything they plan to have. Maybe you could talk to Jan and have them pull more retail to the show this year Larry. Thanks for the update.
      Damon
      frightmasters.weebly.com
      Damon Carson

Comment

I watched a youtube video someone did....My favorite was the new 2019 stuff from Distortions Unlimited starting at the 13:14 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5anmnqt05Q&t=929s
        Distortions added a couple new tombstones with zombies I really like, the flaming skull , the dead again, the mummy, etc.....Zargon Studios has some really nice masks I liked....Looks like the people that make Spirit Halloween props was there too....Does Distortions keep the bigger/expensive props for Transworld?....They are probably feverishly designing that stuff right now....LOL....ZR

Comment

Frightronics

Distortions sells a line called Frightronics through Morris Costumes. They are still good quality static & moving props like you would expect from Distortions. They are geared more for home & yard haunters. But are good enough for pro haunts as well. Distortions brings their higher end multimotion animations for professional haunts to Transworld in March.
          Damon
          frightmasters.weebly.com
          Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
            Distortions sells a line called Frightronics through Morris Costumes. They are still good quality static & moving props like you would expect from Distortions. They are geared more for home & yard haunters. But are good enough for pro haunts as well. Distortions brings their higher end multimotion animations for professional haunts to Transworld in March.
            Damon
            frightmasters.weebly.com
            I'm a home haunter and have a fair amount of Spirit Halloween props but they are really cheesing out lately....The Distortions stuff looks so much better built and the detail looks really great too....As you said, it's high enough quality, pro haunts could use it just as well....From a business sense, that seems pretty smart to build props that fits into both high end home / low end pro to catch both sides of the market.....I hope more pro companies start doing this although there's enough in the frightronics line to keep me poor for years as it is...I think I'm done with Spirit Halloween's junk at this point, the prices they charge for plastic is pretty crazy....I'd love to see Scarefactory get their act together and make a budget line but they seem to have trouble delivering the high end line alone....ZR

Comment

We went for the hell of it. The Hauntcon section was a total ghost town. The retail section had a few more people but not many. The show was worth attending because of all the cool stuff plus you could talk to any vendor at any time. The show has very little attendance but very cool stuff. If I were to take a guess maybe there was 3 hundred people there not sure. Overall we had fun.

Comment

I talked to a couple people who said it was dead as a door knob. I predicted and I'm 99.9% positive this show will not last much longer.

Retail shows are dead because its controlled now by Amazon #1, Walmart, Target those three alone probably control 75% of all the business.

After that is Spirits, Halloween Express, and then the few remaining ma and pa shops.

Who knows when it goes but I do predict it will go!

As you can see there is no buyers. I think a smaller retail show should merge with Transworld.

That is a win win for everyone.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                X