Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hellivator /faux elevator design thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamreaper
    replied
    Tiger, sorry I haven't been back sooner you know how the busy season gets. These Elevators gets a lot of twisting when there are crowds in them so I would just make sure to add some extra bolts/brackets attaching walls to the floor this is where we usually had some issues with the wood building with all its flexing wants to tear the walls away from the floors. You may have already got this up and running but this is one piece of advice for you. Good luck with your season, i'll keep an eye out on here in case you have more questions. Ken

Leave a comment:

• TigerHaunt
    replied
    Ken, yes made of wood they're the type of sheds people usually have in their back yard for lawn mower storage, etc...

For example, an 8ftx12ft with 2x6 (on 16") floor joists, 3/4 plywood floor, 2x4 (on 16") wall framing, t111, or metal, siding, metal roof... is around $1,500 delivered.

Underneath (perpendicular to floor joists) are 2 "beams" (4x6 on end) approximately 4-5ft apart (leaving a 1.5-2ft cantilever)

Leave a comment:

• Dreamreaper
    replied
    Originally posted by TigerHaunt View Post
    I want to add a Hellivator (faux elevator... enclosed floating room... tv "windows" & airbags to simulate movement) to one of our haunts this year.

Rather than building from scratch, I'm considering buying one of those pre-fab storage shed & modifying...

My thought process:
    They're already designed for movement (pre-assembled & delivered by truck). Add theming, some air bags, solenoid(s) & a boo-box & you're done!

Would really appreciate anyones thoughts/opinions/experiences...
    Are these made of wood? I am on our third one the first one I made of wood back in 1992 and it lasted until we revamped it 14 years later but always had issues if the air was left on to the air bags there is so much power it will start breaking things. I now have a all metal one I made 4 years ago and seems to be holding up.

Leave a comment:

• TigerHaunt
    started a topic Hellivator /faux elevator design thoughts?

Hellivator /faux elevator design thoughts?

I want to add a Hellivator (faux elevator... enclosed floating room... tv "windows" & airbags to simulate movement) to one of our haunts this year.

Rather than building from scratch, I'm considering buying one of those pre-fab storage shed & modifying...

My thought process:
    They're already designed for movement (pre-assembled & delivered by truck). Add theming, some air bags, solenoid(s) & a boo-box & you're done!

Would really appreciate anyones thoughts/opinions/experiences...
Working...
X