WOW that elevator idea is awesome!!!! You are my new HERO for
    this month!!!!

Blessings
    Kimmy

Leave a comment:

• Brckee1
    replied
    Thanks Brett!

The doors are 15 inch panels, the cylinders are 14 inch throw. I just mounted them, fully retracted, with the doors in the closed position. I probably built my elevator for 25% to 35% of the cost of a Hellevator and got a much better effect, along with all steel construction. This of coarse does not factor in my labor.

Turning would have worked but presented problems of a rectangle turning in a circle. Not that these issues couldn't have been worked out, I just decided that the track was simpler and would look better in the haunt.

Also, using a motor to move the elevator turned out to be far cheaper than pneumatics.

Leave a comment:

• bhays
    replied
    That's really nice work. How did you calculate the mounting point for those cylinders on the doors to make sure they closed fully? Math or trial and error?

How much do you figure you have invested vs purchasing a hellevator prop?

I see you went with rolling on a track rather than turning..

Last edited by bhays; 11-15-2007, 10:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Brckee1
    started a topic Haunted elevator

Haunted elevator

Hey everyone,

Now that the busiest time of the year is past us, I thought I would share one of my projects from this season. I built my own haunted elevator for my Asylum themed haunt.

It has working pneumatic doors. It raises, tilts and drops on 4 air bags. Also, the whole elevator rides on a track which allows it to move from one room to another completing the illusion.

I also did an animation in the ceiling but only got it half finished. I had plans for other effects to add onto it but ran out of time.

I may add more to it during the off season. Anyway, Here are some pictures and video of the project for anyone interested. It really is something you need to ride to appreciate but you can get an idea.

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...kee1/Elevator/
Working...
X