Brand New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New

If i had 5 acres, some partailly wooded, and an old house, would this be enough to begin on a haunted adventure? Can anybody give me an approximate start up cost? I only have $250,000. Is this enough??? I just ordered the book from the website from Kelly Allens. (Raycliff Manor) I just dont want to begin a dream that I am not financially prepared for. Any advise on getting started? I have all the workers I need to start the building, and farmers in the family for a small amount of corn. How much would you suggest spending on marketing the first year?
    Thanks in advance,

Patty

Sounds like you are set! That's way more than I started with. My first year was free pallets,two blacklights, a strobe that sometimes works and some cheap rubber masks.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coen
      My first year was free pallets,two blacklights, a strobe that sometimes works and some cheap rubber masks.
      LOL!!
      And I bet you it was kick a$$, huh? Sometimes the simplest is the best!

Comment

Well, it all depends on how extravagant you want to go. Tons of animatronic props, or primarily actor driven(much cheaper). Set design and decoration can be pricey too, but you can easily keep it in a modest price range. Depending on your area, advertising can be pricey, but necessary.
        In some business areas, people will say "build it and they will come". In this business(only open for 1 month out of the year)- people wont know its there unless you tell them its there.

There are many other things to say, but to keep it nice and simple, that should be more than enough for your start up cost.

And where will you be located?
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Am I reading that right $250,000.00, 5 acres and a old house. DUDE, thats the hard part! You have all the capital you need to get started and then some. He// can I get a loan.lol.
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Educate yourself as much as possible before you spend a dime towards the place.
            Keep things inexpensive and you will be keeping your head above water no matter what happens.
            Have you ever helped out in a haunt before?
            You will find that if you do most of everything it takes to make it happen yourself that not only will you need many talents but also alot of energy.
            Don't spend all of that money, save enough back for a new fast car, maybe a new Viper, then you can get the heck out of "Dodge" in a hurry if you ever have to! hahahah!
            I could go on and on telling you about how I made my business but everyone has totally different circumstances and expectations and abilitys and just plain old LUCK, so most of my observations would mostly be moot point, I imagine.
            When receiving advice just remember that nobody knows it all and different things work for diferent styles of haunts and national locations.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X