Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scare Factory - has anyone had any luck getting ahold of them in the last 6 months??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfrightner
    replied
    I just got an email today from an overseas client who said they ordered from Scarefactory and they never shipped anything but took their money.

BUYER BEWARE!

Leave a comment:

• howierd3866
    replied
    I check with them in early 2020 about 1 of their hearse and they responded. BUT I was too scare to buy it since they wanted up front money and all the news about them. Still looking for 1

Leave a comment:

• Scaryblonde
    replied
    darkacres,
    Just wondering if you had any luck with your lawsuit? We actually received what we ordered, its just all junk. None of it works!!! Of course we've been trying for three years to talk to someone. I wish I knew then, what I know now.

Leave a comment:

• darkacres
    replied
    Does anyone know if there is a group lawsuit against Scarefactory I could join? They overcharged my credit card over the span from March to Oct and got away with the transactions as Visa only disputes transactions within 90 days. By the time I reviewed the overcharged amount, it was too late to dispute, sounds like he's done this before.

I also think its messed up Transworld supports this behavior, im sure I wont be allowed back, as I reported Transworld to the BBB for knowingly allow this practice to happen on their turf and connecting new buyers to him. Considering Scarefactory spends nearly $18k on a booth per year, it's in transworlds best interest to keep him there. Really terrible people running this convention and even worse having a known individual committing fraud.... It's too bad, because there are plenty of good businesses at the convention.

BBB and FTC know about Scarefactory, hopefully David goes to Jail sooner rather than later. You guys should do your part and Warn anyone you talk to, some of us didnt know this was a thing. When chatting with people about their "cool" props, Let Them Know... Im sure you'll sleep better at night

If anyone is interested in connecting about a group lawsuit - feel free to reach out to me. I dont think Transworld should be released of the liability in this process either, apparently, it's common knowledge at the show they host.

Leave a comment:

• ZombieRaider
    replied
    If I had the money, I'd buy the company just for the intellectual property and then go load up all the molds and call it a day.....I like the way the skeletons look better than any company out there....Whoever did the sculpting on all those did an amazing job.....ZR

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    Tater,

When has Dave ever told the truth? LOL

I'm going with NEVER! My prediction stands, they're not going to last. I stand behind that prediction.

I feel bad for the people who work there, I don't want any business to fire their workers. However maybe Dave can sell the company, they just need to get rid of him. Period.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Tater,

When has Dave ever told the truth? LOL

I'm going with NEVER! My prediction stands, they're not going to last. I stand behind that prediction.

I feel bad for the people who work there, I don't want any business to fire their workers. However maybe Dave can sell the company, they just need to get rid of him. Period.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied
    Dave called me today and explained that they have Internet phone lines and that they "Blew out their t1" and why they have internet up, it takes another guy that comes and reprograms their phone, and that they are waiting for him to show up.

Leave a comment:

• Eastaboga Manor
    replied
    Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    CHECK THIS OUT... Phone: +1 (614) 759-1707

That is Scarefactory phone number now turned off!

Did they close ???
    This David number I have 1-614-565-3590

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    CHECK THIS OUT... Phone: +1 (614) 759-1707

That is Scarefactory phone number now turned off!

Did they close ???

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    When you say hard to get a hold of them you should have said nearly all but impossible. I've never talked to ANYONE who told me they could get in touch with this company in a timely manner.

Scarefactory should be banned from Transworld show one thousand percent. They're bad for the industry, and any orders they do get could go to new companies who do it for the right reasons.

I wouldn't order from Scarefactory if they were the only company in the entire industry. They're simply put that bad. I want everyone to know I say this with some reservation because they have some really good people working there, its their leadership that is the problem not their workers.

I wish their workers well, but honestly most of their workers with the experience have already left. here is hoping some of those people start their own companies and I look forward to supporting them.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by hauntfarm View Post
    Yeah someone told me as well they lost some massive lawsuit. How does Transworld keep allowing this garbage company back? When do haunt owners stop buying or better yet when does Transworld act like they care and boot these guys? New buyers don't know and Transworld allows them to swindle people.
    People will buy from other companies as soon as they start making things as cool as Scarefactory has. If you look over the past 20 yearscwho has made the variety of cool set pieces and props, and giant monsters that they have Year after year? Unit 70 and Distortions are great but SF has been huge for a long time. You look at other vendors at the show and it literally the same stuff year after year. It’s a shame they can’t get their act together because if they did they’d be much bigger and popular.

DA

Leave a comment:

• hauntfarm
    replied
    Yeah someone told me as well they lost some massive lawsuit. How does Transworld keep allowing this garbage company back? When do haunt owners stop buying or better yet when does Transworld act like they care and boot these guys? New buyers don't know and Transworld allows them to swindle people.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I heard they just lost some lawsuit. Again if you order from this company you're taking a serious risk!!!! ORDER FROM THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Larry

Leave a comment:

• hauntfarm
    replied
    We gave up on Scarefactory 3 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I know a few things about Scarefactory but I was asked not to say anything so I won't... let me just say they're under a serious investigation. I would NOT order from Scarefactory. If you do you're taking a serious risk... this is a company that I think is going out of business. I also am predicting they won't be exhibiting at Transworld next year but hey I could be wrong but I'm usually not. Scarefactory in my opinion is the worst company in the history of our entire industry. Again order at your own risk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X