Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scare Factory - has anyone had any luck getting ahold of them in the last 6 months??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tater,

When has Dave ever told the truth? LOL

I'm going with NEVER! My prediction stands, they're not going to last. I stand behind that prediction.

I feel bad for the people who work there, I don't want any business to fire their workers. However maybe Dave can sell the company, they just need to get rid of him. Period.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

If I had the money, I'd buy the company just for the intellectual property and then go load up all the molds and call it a day.....I like the way the skeletons look better than any company out there....Whoever did the sculpting on all those did an amazing job.....ZR

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
      Tater,

When has Dave ever told the truth? LOL

I'm going with NEVER! My prediction stands, they're not going to last. I stand behind that prediction.

I feel bad for the people who work there, I don't want any business to fire their workers. However maybe Dave can sell the company, they just need to get rid of him. Period.

Larry

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a group lawsuit against Scarefactory I could join? They overcharged my credit card over the span from March to Oct and got away with the transactions as Visa only disputes transactions within 90 days. By the time I reviewed the overcharged amount, it was too late to dispute, sounds like he's done this before.

I also think its messed up Transworld supports this behavior, im sure I wont be allowed back, as I reported Transworld to the BBB for knowingly allow this practice to happen on their turf and connecting new buyers to him. Considering Scarefactory spends nearly $18k on a booth per year, it's in transworlds best interest to keep him there. Really terrible people running this convention and even worse having a known individual committing fraud.... It's too bad, because there are plenty of good businesses at the convention.

BBB and FTC know about Scarefactory, hopefully David goes to Jail sooner rather than later. You guys should do your part and Warn anyone you talk to, some of us didnt know this was a thing. When chatting with people about their "cool" props, Let Them Know... Im sure you'll sleep better at night

If anyone is interested in connecting about a group lawsuit - feel free to reach out to me. I dont think Transworld should be released of the liability in this process either, apparently, it's common knowledge at the show they host.

Comment

darkacres,
          Just wondering if you had any luck with your lawsuit? We actually received what we ordered, its just all junk. None of it works!!! Of course we've been trying for three years to talk to someone. I wish I knew then, what I know now.

Comment

I check with them in early 2020 about 1 of their hearse and they responded. BUT I was too scare to buy it since they wanted up front money and all the news about them. Still looking for 1

Comment

I just got an email today from an overseas client who said they ordered from Scarefactory and they never shipped anything but took their money.

BUYER BEWARE!
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Hi Guys, I am glad I have found this forum . I have similar issue with Scare Factory, they received full payment , including transportation and the contact has broken..
                Does anybody know about any group lawsuit against them or any Law Firm which can help?

Comment

https://www.needen.com/gildan-5000-h...lack/s121347-m

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Equals:

063.jpg

See all of you well-dressed individuals this May!
                  Attached Files
                  How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Great Idea Zombietoxin, Sadly this wont be the first time shirts like these have been worn at transworld. Hell people have stood in front of their booth handing out fliers and people STILL order. Good luck, maybe I will join in the shirt wearing.

Comment

I read online that Poison Props is no longer exhibiting. What is the point of having a dark zone at this point? The only reason I can think of is to give Dave a place to HIDE. Haunts should simply boycott the dark zone especially of Scarefactory is the only exhibitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Knight View Post
                        I read online that Poison Props is no longer exhibiting. What is the point of having a dark zone at this point? The only reason I can think of is to give Dave a place to HIDE. Haunts should simply boycott the dark zone especially of Scarefactory is the only exhibitor.

I too heard something... That maybe you should ask for David over at the Poison Props booth now...
                        How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Thankfully I was wrong about Poison Props! They have apparently been bought by Fright Props. I hope they continue the excellent work!

By the way, if you are interested- I got my money back.

Unfortunately, I had to stoop to Scarefactory levels to get it, but it's over with.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

I guess it goes without saying cloth or metal nothing Scarefactory makes lasts long. Sad really. Great potential there wasted by a very bad owner who doesn't really seem to care about his customers.
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Another thread posted a link to this... then the article was removed (from the Justice Department Website where it was posted). But I found it again on-line and copied it to paste here. It's not a very happy ending, but it does look like an ending:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                              Friday, June 25, 2021Owner of haunted house equipment supplier pleads guilty to tax crime

COLUMBUS, OHIO – David Fachman, 59, of New Albany, Ohio pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to one count of willful failure to pay over tax to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

According to court documents, since at least 1998 Fachman owned and operated The Scarefactory, Inc., a haunted house and special effects supplier in Columbus, Ohio. As the owner, Fachman always maintained financial and administrative control over the business. From at least January 1, 2015 and continuing until in or about December 31, 2018, Fachman withheld and collected the trust fund portion of the employment taxes from his employees’ paychecks but failed to file timely and to remit the payment to the IRS. Scarefactory was required to make deposits of the federal employment taxes to the IRS for all employees on a periodic basis. Fachman had a corporate responsibility to collect, truthfully account for, and pay over business’ payroll taxes and failed to do so.

For example, on October 31, 2018, Fachman had an obligation to file a Form 941 and pay over $26,226.02 in employee withheld federal employment taxes. Fachman failed to file timely and to pay $26,226.02 of those taxes over to the IRS.

In total, Fachman failed to pay over employee and employer federal employment taxes totaling $547,854.73.

Willful failure to pay over tax carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

"Business owners have a responsibility to collect and turn over all IRS employment taxes," said Bryant Jackson, Special Agent in Charge, IRS, Criminal Investigation, Cincinnati Field Office. "Employment fraud can also impact employees who may see future benefits affected such as Social Security, Medicare or Unemployment Compensation."

Vipal J. Patel, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio and Bryant Jackson, Special Agent in Charge, Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation, Cincinnati Field Office, announced the plea entered today before U.S. District Judge Edmund A. Sargus Jr.

This case was prosecuted by Assistant Deputy Criminal Chief Jessica Knight and was investigated by special agents of IRS-Criminal Investigation.
                              www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Any updates on the situation ??
                                i just received an email from him for a end of year sale. Says to liquidate all in stock items at 25% off maybe more with big orders.
                                The problem , well many problems with them but the one that sticks out is that the list covers almost his entire catalogue!!!!
                                No way he can have that much pre made stock sitting When so many are waiting for orders..
                                Be interesting to see if he got better and legit by supplying sold items to buyers.

Comment

Working...
                                X