No announcement yet.

Transworld Future!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like St. Louis, it is a neat city. And we have all kinds of amenities within walking distance. There is even a grocery store like half a block from the Grand. As far as it being cold, it usually isn't that cold there for the show before and I have gone every year it has been there. There is always a chance for a cold snap no matter where we go. I remember it being cold when it was in Vegas.

I don't think the show should move just for the sake of moving. If it makes sense financially do it, otherwise just let it be.
    Jared Layman

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it. Old saying that is actually true. I will say that I don't mind if it moved I will attend the show no matter where it locates. The notion that the location will impact the show is slightly off base because a haunt owner needs to see what is new. So if the show moved to Orlando why wouldn't they go? I do see a point from the vendor side you want people to focus on the show not theme parks. Again don't care where it moved but if its working in St Louis I'm fine with it.

I heard cars get broken into every year someone should make a complaint to the city about leaving if they don't address that issue. Only negative I can think of really.

Comment

Broad daylight

Think my van was about to get broken into...or at least he was peering inside. Sunday morning early went to move van from ramp to lot west of floor so I could load props up after the show. Guy took off as I hollered out "Can I help you?" (second thing that entered my mind after "Get the ---away from my van" could escalate things in a bad way so went with "Can I help you?" instead. Heard there were several autos broken into last year. Probably same thing happens in every big city.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Sites

Okay, the two states with the most haunts overall are Ohio and Texas.

Texas has the most--but the states around it are lacking.

Ohio does good with surrounding states that have high numbers of haunts--Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York.

So, for sheer convenience to customers, Ohio is the best bet.

But--MHC!. Well, yeah, there IS that--and MHC is already a Transworld event. There is a huge flavor of haunter-run to MHC that no one wants to lose so that has to be considered.

But getting the big show could offset that--and a lot of the extracurricular things MHC is known for could still happen.

It's worth a look at the very least.

Comment

I think the top states are Ohio and PA then after that hard to say there would be a ton with more haunts than Texas. Texas actually isn't in the top 5.

New Jersey, Michigan, Ohio, PA, New York, even a state like Mass has more than Texas.

Texas has a lot of haunts but I don't think it has as many as you think.

Like I've said before 80% of every customer of almost every single vendor is east of Kansas City.

If the show was going to move you want a location central, not more west than Kansas City, and a city that has affordable convention space.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The number of haunts in the area should not be a determining factor in the city. The rest of us (probably 75%) have been flying for years while the minority have had the ability to drive so I won't feel bad for people in the middle of the US if Gods forbid they have to fly their 20 people crews. Still the determining factor is the weather. If for instance Larry if that snowstorm had hit Thur or Friday and flights got cancelled the show would have been a complete failure. Chances are most vendors would have been ruined and most probably would not return based on just drive in business. I've beat this horse to death. Bad weather = No Flights= No sales= No Show. It will just take the one time for it to happen and Transworld is rolling the dice each time they put it in a city with cold weather.
              Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Grim,

I have a question for you are you saying St Louis has had cold weather? Because I think over the 8 years the weather has been fantastic!!! Denver had a massive snow storm during the TW show this year are you talking about cities like that or St Louis. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

We got delayed 3 times when it was in Chicago and one employee was stuck there for a further 2 days. So far St Louis we have been delayed twice due to snow or Ice. You did see the snowstorm Sunday correct. I was thrilled when it moved from Chicago to St Louis but it still needs to go further South. And BTW 37 degrees at night is not fantastic weather. Ask all the peeps waiting in line outside. It suckkkkkked.
                  Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I would love to see Indianapolis for selfish reasons, it's 40 minutes from home and Nashville would also be nice.

But truthfully, this was the best year I can remember in a long time for both vendors and attendees.. hard to justify messing with success. Just my two cents.
                    Brett Hays, Director
                    Fear Fair
                    www.fearfair.com

Comment

I think it should stay where it is at, or possibly moving to KC. KC is cleaner city in my opinion. However Nashville doesn't seem bad and if there is a large enough city in southern Ohio that would work too. But if I got to vote St Louis is where I would put it.

Comment

It would be nice to see it in a different city every year, get to see different haunts and events

Comment

Moving the show around every year would make it difficult for vendors and some attendees. Seeing different haunts each show is what Hauntcon is best for
                          Brian Warner
                          Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                          Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                          Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Just stirring the pot

Resurrecting the dead to beat it some more. Last time we looked at this I got people from Transworld showto tell me they would jump on here and comment. THEY DIDN'T. Heard many grumblings dealing with facility unions this year. Your welcome...

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Couple things... first off here is a story about the show http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...16a39.htmlAlso go to the front page of Hauntworld and read my review of the show itself. Personally I have some issues with the show namely starting an escape room section then splintering that off and starting an escape room show. You have MHC, Escape Room Show, I mean the list goes on. I think you need one show with everything in one place. That is my view. As for the show moving I don't see that happening anytime soon because the vendors like it there... its central to everyone.Personally I'm okay with it moving anywhere as long as it stays in the midwest because that would be central to all haunters.Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X