Transworld Future!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Future!!

So it's heard that Transworld has a contract in St. Louis for one more year. If you had any control of where the show went in 2018 where would it be and why?

I can tell you from my own perspective that I don't care if it moves or not... I personally would probably not go to the show anymore only because I don't need to. I'm also skipping IAAPA as well this coming year. Most of my sales and projects come from online thru my website NOT tradeshows.

But if it moved it should stay central because you want a show that is even for everyone to get to... another city such as Indianapolis where I'm planning on opening a haunted house in 2017.

Nashville wouldn't be bad either. You could consider Kansas City which is a really nice city in fact much nicer than St Louis. The bottom line is this ... the show is growing faster than anyone expected and one of the reason is the price of having the show in STL. I believe if you took the show back to Chicago for example the costs go way up and vendors then take less booths. You want a very cheap midwest city that isn't Chicago. Chicago is terrible unions that are nuts, crime that is worse than anywhere in the country, hotel prices thru the roof, and well many Transworld's in Chicago its snowed or was COLD AS ICE!

I REFUSE to go back to Chicago!!!

The floor in rosemont is like 5 times the price of St louis so vendors prices would go up maybe as much as 50%. Would that be good?

The cost of the show has to be shared between the buyers and the vendors but the vendors can't spend 2k for one booth plus the outrageous fees to bring your stuff in the door.

The overall best place for ANY convention is Orlando but don't know if everyone is up for this show in that market.

Again I don't care where it moved but right now it seems to be growing and growing fast... not sure you want to mess with that. But if you do it should be nearby!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Funny that two of the states you mention I was totally thinking of. Tennessee and Orlando I was also thinking Denver could be a good stop to. obviously the cheaper convention hall would be ideal. I vote Dever due to good food and great people.

Comment

Denver!

I live here and have never been to the show that would be great! Great food,bars,museums, and also mmj is legal here so if you like that you will be in love. Also if anyone likes skiing it's a little drive but world class slopes no doubt. Also got a huge outdoor mall here and the famous casabonita! It looks like your eating in tropical Mexico. It has waterfalls,acts and clif divers. You can even eat in the caves or get lucky enough to get a little cabana by the waterfall. Foods not great but the place has facades everywhere no place in the world like it. I vote Denver!

Comment

It won't, and shouldn't, go anywhere near Denver. That's far too west for the overwhelming majority of haunts which are in the mid west and east coast. It's fine right where it's at or another Midwestern city other then Chicago. Orlando is always ideal as well.

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by son-of-sam View Post
            I live here and have never been to the show that would be great! Great food,bars,museums, and also mmj is legal here so if you like that you will be in love. Also if anyone likes skiing it's a little drive but world class slopes no doubt. Also got a huge outdoor mall here and the famous casabonita! It looks like your eating in tropical Mexico. It has waterfalls,acts and clif divers. You can even eat in the caves or get lucky enough to get a little cabana by the waterfall. Foods not great but the place has facades everywhere no place in the world like it. I vote Denver!

The fact that they legalized weed should make it the bottom choice we already suffer from a lack of professionalism as an industry.

Allan

Comment

Allen, where is your place located and do you drive to Transworld of fly?

Comment

It's a 2 hour 15 minute flight out for me.

Allan

Comment

I think most people are flying instead of driving so I'm open to it going anywhere.

Comment

It NEEDS to be in the South where you dont have to worry about snow and ice delays. And yes most people fly. So Houston, Dallas, Orlando, New Orleans. I missed my connection Sunday due to the damn snow storm. The weather is just too unpredictable. Here it was 85 degrees
                    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

We would support it moving somewhere else as well. I am not sure how much space they actually need. But a quick search of convention centers in the midwest or south of similar size gives quite a few options. Such as Atlanta, New Orleans, Nashville, Indianapolis, Louisville, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio. I remember a couple different years in St. Louis where the weather was great, but still nothing as bad as Chicago years ago. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Ohio

Why not where the mid west haunt convention show is?
                        The booths are way cheaper there then any Transworld I have vended at.
                        As a matter of fact EVERYTHING is cheaper there.
                        sigpic
                        PEACE, ADAM
                        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Ohio??

At first I thought Ohio would be too far north. But southern Ohio is same latitude as St. Louis. Another in the area but a bit farther south is Louisville KY. I do NOT KNOW what floor rates would be or how it is to deal with convention floor union. But I have to guess it is Ok as this place hosts the farm machinery show every year. With as many $300,000 machines they put in there with 40 foot wide grain heads on them I am guessing they must be fairly easy to work with. NOT SURE if you could get one show floor with as much room as the main room in St. Louis. The farm show sprawls through several buildings but MUCH MUCH larger footprint than haunt show ever is so they need more buildings. Night life might be relatively boring compared to St. Louis and hotels are not a walk across the street.

I had contacted Disney World in the past. And a "after hours" haunters only visit to Haunted Mansion was possible. Orlando has flights from everywhere fairly reasonable because of volume of air traffic..

But Larrytown there in Missouri does have central location and hotels right there walking distance form show floor.

But listen to vendors who have dealt with the convention halls/show floors more than a dirt farmer. I will go where vendors want to go.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I think in Orlando the show would suffer the same type of problems that it did in Vegas - too many distractions.

Comment

I think the show itself in Vegas was good, it was just the after hours were hard to party and network together.

Comment

Working...
                              X