Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfrightner
    replied
    I've done some seminars on this topic and I'm telling you there is no downside to selling online. What we're trying to do is help haunted houses SAVE THEIR MONEY!

We also signed a deal with the biggest credit card company to offer haunts the cheapest rates. We only want to help haunters make money and save money.

But by selling online you get their info to remarket to them later, they're now coming because they bought the ticket. There are to many reasons to list.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• monsterwax
    replied
    The main reason to sell on-line tickets is Good Intentions vs. Actual Deeds: How many times have you thought to yourself that you really should send your Grandmother a thank you note for something she did, or just to say "hi", but never did it? Then she dropped dead, and you kicked yourself for procrastinating until it is too late.

It's human nature to intend to do much more than we actually follow through. I bet nearly 50% of your customers (or more) INTEND to come to your haunt but never get around to actually doing it. They get tired at the end of the day, or something comes up, or they get distracted or just plain forget. "I drove by and there was too long a line"-- I've heard that reasoning at least 100 times!

On-line tickets help solve that problem... dramatically. It's not extra money from people who buy tickets who don't show up, it's extra money from customers who buy tickets and DO show up (but otherwise would never have gotten around to it.) They see your webpage, or a Facebook post, or someone tags them, and they're excited! They want to go... but it won't open till Friday night. Life continues to hammer them with car issues, crying babies, bills, and what not... then the moment of truth arrives: Do they stay or do they go?

Many, perhaps half or so, stay home. "It's raining! I don't wanna get wet!" or "Oh, my favorite horror movie just came on TV, it's good and FREE!" Or "I'm tired and need just a quick power nap!" (which lasts still 7Am the next morning).

However, if they saw your ad and were excited enough to pre-purchase their ticket, 98% of them WILL show up. That's a lot of rescued "lost sales". (And of course, if they don't show up, you still have the sale.)

Sadly, many will not commit with an on-line ticket, and many of those-- the majority I bet-- won't ever show up unless a friend drags them along or they get some other big push. They are procrastinators and so much of what they intend to do never gets done. But those who DO buy on-line tickets will almost always show up, even if they are procrastinators and otherwise would not have gone-- because they've already paid and don't want to waste their money.

I hate service fees, but at 35 cents a ticket, you don't need to charge it. You more than make up 35 cents in added sales, believe you me.

We have NOT sold a ton of on-line tickets, but I expect the numbers to grow. And even if they don't, I appreciate every single one that pre-sells, because that's money in the bank, while "good intentions" are not worth the paper they are printed on.
    Last edited by monsterwax; 10-18-2017, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zombietoxin
    replied
    Thanks Karl. Yeah, I'd been thinking more about it since I asked and I've come to the determination that the benefits are unique to each application with some commonalities, I'm sure. I am ALLL about simplifying my life- and that's why I'm asking in case I'm missing something to do just that! Happy Halloween!

Leave a comment:

• Karl Fields
    replied
    1. Last line of my above posts probably is my biggest reason.
    2. Another reason, for us, is ease of operations. The more online sales we have, the less time I have to spend in the office balancing and counting down cash drawers.
    3. One more is security. I don't have to worry about cashiers stealing money or being robbed. Well I still worry about robbery, but they won't get cash
    4. Last one I think, is that my online window can pump through about 3 times the people a regular cashier can.

Years back we didn't have a merchant account so didn't take CC. The ticketing company we used back then offered the use of their merchant account so we could offer CC sales to customers, but online only.

Originally posted by zombietoxin View Post
    What in the hell am I missing here when it comes to understanding WHY I should offer online ticketing to customers?

Larry, I know this is a part of your business so I apologize if I'm kicking a dent in that, but I can't see why you're typical haunt would need this.

I mean, is it a time saving issue for your customer to be able to skip the ticket line and jump straight to the haunt line? If thats it- I just don't see the economic gain.

Don't get me wrong- I get asked ALL the time if they can buy in advance, but that is just what people like to do in today's world, and still I just don't see my economic gain.

Is this something that cuts a cashier position? I mean labor isn't cheap but you're still going to have to have sufficient staff to handle those that buy on site- at EVERY haunt.

It can't be that people are just going to buy online and not use them, so you get a lot of "free" sales and profit.

I'm willing to bet every single type of event in our genre has an on site ticket booth, and the customer has to actually GO to the event, so.... why? not just take their money when they get there?

So yes, I can see concerts, sporting events, theme parks, timed entry(god help you people) and multiple location operations such as yourself, but what percentage of all halloween or escape rooms does that make up?

It's just... I don't know... I know a nearby haunt that's comparable in scale that offered it this year and I could never get a decent reason why they did it. I'm sure after season I'll get a thumbs up or down, but I'd kinda like to hear a legit reason and a financial justification.

Ok, let the whipping begin.

Leave a comment:

• zombietoxin
    replied
    Ok..Here's the daily stupid question

What in the hell am I missing here when it comes to understanding WHY I should offer online ticketing to customers?

Larry, I know this is a part of your business so I apologize if I'm kicking a dent in that, but I can't see why you're typical haunt would need this.

I mean, is it a time saving issue for your customer to be able to skip the ticket line and jump straight to the haunt line? If thats it- I just don't see the economic gain.

Don't get me wrong- I get asked ALL the time if they can buy in advance, but that is just what people like to do in today's world, and still I just don't see my economic gain.

Is this something that cuts a cashier position? I mean labor isn't cheap but you're still going to have to have sufficient staff to handle those that buy on site- at EVERY haunt.

It can't be that people are just going to buy online and not use them, so you get a lot of "free" sales and profit.

I'm willing to bet every single type of event in our genre has an on site ticket booth, and the customer has to actually GO to the event, so.... why? not just take their money when they get there?

So yes, I can see concerts, sporting events, theme parks, timed entry(god help you people) and multiple location operations such as yourself, but what percentage of all halloween or escape rooms does that make up?

It's just... I don't know... I know a nearby haunt that's comparable in scale that offered it this year and I could never get a decent reason why they did it. I'm sure after season I'll get a thumbs up or down, but I'd kinda like to hear a legit reason and a financial justification.

Ok, let the whipping begin.

Leave a comment:

• Karl Fields
    replied
    Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    Couple updates... yes we're still doing the fearticket and offering haunters 35 cents per ticket. Additionally if you need gateway service we can provide that as well thru a company called Card Connect. We can set everything up in like 24 hours. Just reach out to us... right now we're setting up several haunts every single day.

Email info@fearticket.com
    If you've been around here for awhile, you know that, sometimes, Larry exaggerates a tad.
    I started looking at the Fearticket a few months back. My concerns were accountability for my money, whether it would work all night, support, etc. I finally made the effort to install and try it on a few hundred tickets. Worked pretty much as advertised and so bought a larger batch of tickets and went live a few weeks back.
    It just plain works! Cashier's liked it so much better than the scanners of year's past, easy to use, reliable and the money actually goes where it is suppose to.
    Detailed reports could use some help, but they are working on changes to that daily.
    A new profit center, with me doing not very much!

Leave a comment:

• monsterwax
    replied
    We just went active with Fearticket, and Larry is not exaggerating about their speed. Card Connect took a weekend to go active, and the FearTicket tech fellow did everything in 24 hours. It's great to have an on-line service that doesn't rape customers (and the haunt) several bucks per ticket. Fearticket makes much for sense (and cents). Thanks Larry! - your loving mom. (Just kidding, no relation or relationship to Larry, but an 18 year veteran who is glad to stop paying those outrageous service fees the other guys charged!)

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Couple updates... yes we're still doing the fearticket and offering haunters 35 cents per ticket. Additionally if you need gateway service we can provide that as well thru a company called Card Connect. We can set everything up in like 24 hours. Just reach out to us... right now we're setting up several haunts every single day.

Email info@fearticket.com

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Just FYI we're setting up haunts every single day. I think we're up to like 25 haunts or so. If anyone else needs ticketing let me know info@fearticket.com

Our goal is to have 100 haunted houses by the end of Transworld 2018. We plan on showcasing everything next year including box office, reservation system for escape rooms and everything between.

Get in touch.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    One of the awesome features of Fearticket is we can set up your ticketing with ANY URL you want to make things simple like scarefest.fearticket.com

When you're trying to get people to jump out of line and buy on their phone its easy to read off something simple...

Check out this haunt set up today!

https://bayvillescreampark.fearticket.com

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    We're setting up ticketing everyday right now. Several really big haunts including my own. If you're looking for ticketing please contact me asap!

darkrides@sbcglobal.net

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Quick update...

I will have a massive update on Fear Ticket next week. But really quickly we met with a lot of haunted house owners at Transworld. What we learned was so many haunters want things done in so many different ways. We got tons and tons of idea's on how you want a ticketing system to work. Good news.

There isn't even ONE SINGLE idea that you suggested that we didn't add to the system... all new updates have been added including such features as texting tickets rather than email, reservation system, multi bar codes, and so many more.

Our box office system will be up in running in about one month. Furthermore we're working with a massive company to do your transactions to help you save money. More on that later. I just wanted you to know we've added every single thing that was suggested to us and we'll be doing demos of these new features next week.

If you're looking for the ONLY ticketing company who has basically everything you ever asked for, desired, wanted, or needed we have it!

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    On June 15th we'll unveil the all-new Fear Ticket. We have added something like 10 new features based on conversations we had with haunt owners from the tradeshow. What other ticketing company would do that for you? I can answer that question... ZERO!

Every single feature you the haunt owner suggested to us during Transworld will be done!!!

Multiple bar codes on one ticket, text your orders rather than just email, reservation system, and the list goes on and on.

Contrary to what some of the ticketing companies out there may think... we plan on lowering our prices down to as little as 20 cents when we hit 100 clients.

We will have the best ticketing system, the cheapest ticketing system and the most used ticketing system by Halloween 2018. The big massive roll out will happen at next years Transworld show.

Once the new big reveal happens I will post so you can download it.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Couple fear ticket updates...

We are close to launching the all-new Fear Ticket based on everyone's comments before and since the Transworld haunted house show.

We just added one new feature that allows your guests the choice to have their tickets emailed or texted. Almost all new features are added. If you have any interest in Fear Ticket for your haunt this year email me at info@fearticket.com

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Check out the ALL NEW FEAR TICKET website... we're NOW ready to take on the entire haunt industry!

We are going to SAVE THIS INDUSTRY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!

We will have a box office solution - reservation solution - timed ticketing solution and everything between.

The more haunts we sign up the LOWER THE PRICE WILL BE! We plan on having every single haunted house sign up with us and getting the price down to something like 20 cents per person. We want to help haunted house owners BUY MORE MONSTERS!

Check out the new and updated www.fearticket.com

HAUNT INDUSTRY WE ARE READY!

Larry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X