I need a Hunted House Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Hunted House Name

I need some help coming up with a name for a haunted house that will be in an abandonded elementary school. There is nothing too special with the history of the building or the themes that i have built so far. Just looking for ideas.
    My Other Sites
    Monster Trivia
    ScreamScapes | Queue Line Rules & Warning Videos
    Halloween Havoc Showdown
    Scary Monster University
    Witches Kitchen
    Scare Of The Day
    FearCam | Haunt Videos
    Master Of Fear | Horror News for Horror Fans
    ScreamPrint | Web Design & Flyer/Coupon Printing
    Haunt Marketing Tips
    Haunt Jobs

First off, good luck getting decent help with this. Most people will either 1. keep their mouths shut because they want to keep their good ideas to themselves, or 2. sit back and see what's mentioned and even steal the ideas. 3. ignore the post.

1. Make up your own back story. You don't need existing haunted stories or creepy things about the place... invent them. And do it in a way that it makes people wonder if it's true. Like come up with a reason WHY it's such a hidden story. Also, if you do this, don't do it so far fetched that it's absolutely unbelievable.

2. Once your history is detailed, then you can work on a name. Of course, your history will come after you decide what kinda theme you want to run with. Simple, off the chart type of naming will do fine. BUILD the name, don't try to make it phenomenal out of the gate.

3. Don't go too cheesy. I mean, "The Darkness" is cool, but done, right? So every time I see almost ANYTHING "darkness" in it, if it's not perfect, it feels cheap to me. Don't do ... well I don't want to name anything particular because it may be someone's real haunt name, lol. SO I mean, give it MUCH thought. Your name can either kill or make the decision of some possible patrons of whether their coming or not. Me? I go anyways....but I'm not most people.

4. Also do a logo as you come up with your name. Logos are cool and a GREAT way to be recognized.

5. But than again, it is "just a haunt" so things like "Haunt Factory" works fine, lol. It's really murky waters we wade in when coming up with names.

Some of my favorites are usually one worders. Erebus and Disturbia is a few. I love "The Darkness" Something that rolls off the tongue is best.

Comment

I see your list of sites there in your signature. I apologize if I came off like speaking to a 'noob', no offense was intended.

Monster Elementary, (spin off Monster High)
      Haunt Elementary,
      Slaughter High (serial killer posed as a cafeteria cook, served up people and after his execution he vowed to come back and make people pay the price)

I'll post more as they come to me.

Comment

Santana Grove (scratch letters out to spell Satan Grove) if you're into that.
        Broken Arrow High
        Shady Elm
        Twin Pines High
        Twisted Pines (Elementary) slap a graffiti S on Pines.
        Myra Main School

Comment

Scare School

School of Shadows (S.O.S.)

[I find the "S.O.S." idea intriguing, because you could market it as "S.O.S. Haunted House", or just "S.O.S." I mean, how often does anyone actually say "International Business Machines" instead of "IBM"? If you made a logo that looked like it was written in blood, it would look like a true call for help. Distress signals and calls for help get people's attention.
          Last edited by Dark Tiki Studios; 07-14-2015, 01:12 PM.
          Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Man there are tons you could do but I would skip the elementary school and move over to say its a college or high school. Do you have some pictures of this place that you can post that might help some.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

school of screams
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fear Master Hartley View Post
                I need some help coming up with a name for a haunted house that will be in an abandonded elementary school. There is nothing too special with the history of the building or the themes that i have built so far. Just looking for ideas.
                Hey hey!

I am offering a Graphic Design of a horror logo, including the name for $500.

Hit me up if you are interested!

50% deposit to start the design and 50% upon approval! You can get up to three designs if you are unhappy with the first one!

Cheers,

Derek

Comment

Looking at your thread title, I think you've the perfect name ...... "H unted" ..... play off Haunted without the "A". Make it a maze, escape type venue and your good to go. You can use any "theme" you want if you set the idea of "good luck getting out"

Comment

Originally posted by Fear Master Hartley View Post

What was it called before?

Are you using school themes? Because names would change radically based on this alone.

Comment

I'm a fan of "Sean Norman's school of Terror".....but that's just me
                      Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                      X