Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfrightner
    replied
    I deleted the user jimbeam and all the private emails he's sent... but what other account names are doing this give me a list.

I'm not getting these emails and JimBeam is the only one I know about. Thanks Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    What is the user name?

Leave a comment:

• Dusti
    replied
    I had the same message, and assume it was someone looking for passwords to try on other sites.

Leave a comment:

• wtwtw
    replied
    we got the same message on 02/18/15 and forwarded it to admin also from china

Dear wtwtw,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Haunted House Forum - Learn How to Build The Best Haunted Houses in America at www.Hauntworld.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 183.221.220.213

All the best,
    Haunted House Forum - Learn How to Build The Best Haunted Houses in America at www.Hauntworld.com

Leave a comment:

• HauntedPaws
    replied
    Is your forum settings you can also block Ips from china.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    All forums everywhere including facebook to you name you get people trying to spam you... we changed the url of the forums once before and that fixed the problem so we will do that again.

SO WARNING the forum url you know now will change.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• MovieRelics
    replied
    Part of the problem is people using the same email / pass combo on the forums and other sites. If you don't use different passwords for different sites, then if one is compromised, hackers will try the email / pass on a variety of sites they target to see if they get lucky.

I got some PM spams from a user on here because their account was compromised and sent them a note on FB to tell them to change their passwords and I even got an email from the system saying that my account was being attempted to hijacked.

If you can't remember all your passwords or need a random password generator, use software like 1Password (highly recommended) or LastPass.

1Password has a great iOS and Android App, Windows and Mac App, and plugins for web browsers that auto fill in passwords. It's allowed me to use passwords that are a min of 16 to 32 characters, numbers and symbols and all unique so if one website (like Target for example) is compromised, I'm safe everywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Thanks I'll look into it... weird to say the least. This is why we don't allow automatic access to the forums. Every account is approved.

I'll check into it.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• Gore Galore
    replied
    Larry,
    I forwarded you the spam message via a PM. YOu should have ALL the information in it. Atleast from the one I recieved.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    What was the user name who sent this? Thanks Larry

Leave a comment:

• professornightmare
    replied
    Hack attempt

Yeah, I got the same message. When you trace the IP address, it comes from Nanchang, China. Very odd...what amazingly secret information do they really think they could get from a Haunted House forum?

Leave a comment:

• Gore Galore
    replied
    This isn't the first time.
    I forwarded a spam pm sent from a member of the forum who's account had been hacked to the admin.

Leave a comment:

• Abunai
    replied
    That IP address appears to originate in China.
    So, either your hacker is smart enough to spoof a Chinese IP address, or someone in China wants to log in to your HauntForum account.

Leave a comment:

• MorbidFun
    started a topic Message Forum Hacking?

Message Forum Hacking?

Hello everyone I received this message in my email Dear MorbidFun,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Haunted House Forum - Learn How to Build The Best Haunted Houses in America at www.Hauntworld.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 117.166.207.224

I havent logged into the site in a while just giving everyone a heads up to be alert of possible hack attempts. I changed my password.
Working...
X