Is your building heated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your building heated?

This came up in the conversation about those haunts that opened up for Friday the 13th/Valentines Day last weekend. I know with opening up off season, several people felt limited by the fact that thier building was not heated or only minimally heated.

We visited three haunts last weekend and none were heated except for a portable heater in the inside queue at one (they also had a line outside). I didn't really notice it being much of an issue.

Only our dressing and makeup area is heated. I always assumed most haunts were not heated. Is your building heated? If it isn't, has that prevented you from opening up for special days?
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Yes and its very very very expensive right now. Have to keep the building sprinkler pipes from freezing. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yes, we must heat ours for the sprinkler system. We have a wet system so we pay for heat during the winter. I went to 3 haunts also and only one was heated by built in heaters, did not seem to be a problem but my thought is how do the others pass fire code if they don't have sprinklers. (yes they don't have them. One does not even have a fire alarm system) We have 15,000 sf (soon to be 25,000) that costs a lot to heat in the winter so I feel it is slightly unfair for the others to skirt the laws.
      Phatman

Comment

Our system is dry, so only the small riser room is heated.
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

I wish I had a dry system. the two haunts with out heat used portable heaters run on propane to bring the temps up to a comfortable level. But one of the haunts told me they spent about a $1000 in propane for the two days of 15 degree weather. Not sure if they will be doing it again next year but we are going to talk later next week. I also know that Bobby Ariel who you may see on the forums did extremely well and he was snow bound in Connecticut, the snow and cold did not slow them down at all.
          Phatman

Comment

oh yeah it was Friday the 13... Cool
            - Ethan Hall, EEK Productions Owner/Operator

Comment

not heated

We can't afford to heat our building all winter so in november the sprinkler system is drained and the water shut off. I wish this could be different as I would love to be working there right now but is too cold and no running water.
              greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

Since we open up all year long, we have full heating and AC. (Believe me, in Texas summers AC is a must!) We've heard several customers comment that they were surprised to see we are climate controlled and have "...flushing toilets, not port o pottys."

Comment

Working...
                X