Looking for a Set Designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Set Designer

Who does everyone recommend to hire for set designing? We are thinking about ramping up our attraction for 2015. Is there a list somewhere of good companies to hire? Basically who are the best out there? Thanks in advance for any info.

Set design

Call Kevin McMullen at Darkwood designs. Great work for a fair price. I have had him do work for us. He did some work at Dark Hour in Texas and I think he just finished up at a new haunt called Necromanor.

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Dan Faupel Is also a great designer with Creative Visions. You have seen some of Dan's work on Hauntworld since he does many of the sketches for Larry at the Darkness.

We at Gore Galore can also help design and even install.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kevin, your team does design, construction and install work for sets?

Jake

Comment

Jake,
          It is not something you see marketed much since we do SOOO much production work.
          But we do design, and install on occasion.
          We try not to take on entire haunt projects often but frequently design AROUND our product and then install those scenes.
          Here is an example of a 3 day install we did at Twisted insane hayride in Texas.
          We designed this room around our giant Unnameable on a cart system.
          Attached Files
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Nothing against these fine people...But , Hands down...John at XtremeCreators.

He travels the entire US and abroad creating Awesome characters/sets yet to be realized in this industry. Bet that....

His work is second to none - always on time and the prices cant be beat by anyone....

His crew is very talented which consists of former Disney and face off members .....

I would suggest contacting anyone that you are interested in and compare their concepts, work and prices to John's....

Stew
            Last edited by Darksidestew; 01-05-2015, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I always enjoy a challenge.
              Here is an install we did in 2010 for Silverwood theme park. These images are from one of those Attractions called "Blood Bayou".

http://www.gore-galore.com/gallery/
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

We also specialize in custom set design, attraction design, facades, etc. We typically build at our shop, label, tear down and ship to the client. We can come out for the install too. check us out at www.nevermoreproductions.net

heres a couple examples of some of our work

color concept for walkthrough resize.jpg11.jpg8.jpgasylum panels.jpgfactory set resized.jpg

give us a call at 717 357 2189 or email at contact@nevermoreproductions.net if you would like to talk about your project

Riley Cameron
                Nevermore Productions

Comment

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
                  I always enjoy a challenge.
                  Here is an install we did in 2010 for Silverwood theme park. These images are from one of those Attractions called "Blood Bayou".

http://www.gore-galore.com/gallery/

Kevin, that is some great work!! You did the entire haunt? Pretty awesome! You guys have great attention to detail!
                  Tanner Phillips
                  Mastermind
                  The Darkest Hour
                  http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

I would question calling someone hands down the best when I've never heard of the this guy you are talking about. It's funny how so many different people run around saying they are the best hands down. When you have a TV show or a live contest then and probably only then you can determine who is the best. I think Transworld show should consider some live contests like this. Who would you nominate to compete is the question. There are many in this industry that come to mind first and foremost but none previously mentioned. It does seem these days many people have stepped up their detail game over the years. We can probably credit how to videos or simply youtube. There is so much information out there now it really helps.

I'd like to know why doesn't Transworld do some sort of live event like this. What a learning experience that would be. GZ

Comment

thanks Tanner,
                      I designed the attraction
                      laid the floor plan. the theme park contractors did the wood work. No panels, everything was built in place.
                      I came in with a crew and we aged/distressed and did ALL the decorating, scene design etc...

The design was set up to look like a hollywood movie set and to function with theme park throughput. We ran up to 6,000 a night through it. That was what was asked for so that is what we tried to deliver. It was a big job, we lived there for 3 months installing the attraction and then running it in Oct to get it established and working correctedly. We handled makeup, actor training, attraction management and were even involved in park themeing.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

That would be pretty awesome gz!

They could have them build an open scene right on the showroom floor over the entire event. That would be really cool to see! I could see there being some issues with this, but I'm sure it could be done.
                        Tanner Phillips
                        Mastermind
                        The Darkest Hour

Comment

Wow, that's crazy, Kevin! Do you mind me asking approximately how much they paid for such a service?
                          Tanner Phillips
                          Mastermind
                          The Darkest Hour

Comment

There was talk 3 years ago and a challenge at Transworld and it never happened...

Also, my previous comments are my opinion and I have been around for a long time to know who is who and thier work.

Nice job Kevin....

Stew

Comment

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
                              Nothing against these fine people...But , Hands down...John at XtremeCreators.

He travels the entire US and abroad creating Awesome characters/sets yet to be realized in this industry. Bet that....

His work is second to none - always on time and the prices cant be beat by anyone....

His crew is very talented which consists of former Disney and face off members .....

I would suggest contacting anyone that you are interested in and compare their concepts, work and prices to John's....

Stew
                              Is there an online portfolio or anything where people could see his work? His website does not appear to have been updated since 2008.
                              Brian Warner
                              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Working...
                              X