Makeup and costuming for statue characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup and costuming for statue characters

I would like to do a character in one of our new scenes as a statue in a grotto. To save some time for our makeup artists I'm thinking of going with this CFX mask. But what do you recommend to make the actor's skin and dress have the 'stone' look? Anyone been there / done that?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420014376.095125.jpg
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Stone makeup

I guess I would go with a toga look with the same material to cover the arms. Then I would do a white/grey/black wash to get the same type of look. You could do some vine overgrowth on the character to break up the transition from the mask to the costume. With a little lighting I think you could pull it off fine.

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

We have a character like this that we routinely send out on promos. The wings, dress, and mask are all painted gray with speckled black and white texture to make it look like stone. Under the dress is a spandex morph suit painted the same way. The actor has no exposed skin to have to cover with makeup, and the morph suit is easily machine washable.

Comment

Can't go wrong with CFX. I love mine. They sell arms too, do they offer those for this piece?
        Tanner Phillips
        Mastermind
        The Darkest Hour
        http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

You can get silicone hands from CFX painted to match the mask when you get it from them.

Comment

We have actually decided to go with makeup. We are going for much more of a weathered concrete statue look than the Grecian marble appearance. In fact, our costume director is already working on the yarn wig. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420818661.505360.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420818684.711269.jpg
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

http://youtu.be/mSK0hYH3AZs
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

There is paint out there that gives a stone look (spray paint). I would get an outfit as show in your photo and then spray the entire thing in the granite spray paint. Don't forget the gloves!!!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                X