Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you play off your haunt if its really haunted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you play off your haunt if its really haunted?

So I just found out that the 50 acres and my house, that I just bought for 6 Fears, was built on top of an old mansion and is extremely haunted. It is known as Cayberry hill. I guess a lady cut off her husbands head and wandered in the woods with it for a while before they caught her. There are slaves buried on the land in unmarked graves and a small boy, on now the neighbors property has a marked grave. Supposedly a large slave who wears a a hat haunts the ground... more then a few have seen him and has some not so pleasant interaction with the previous owner. Some the older town people wont even stop in front of my house... supposedly the place you dont want to break down in front of . Stories even from when it was just horse and buggy about picking up people there who disappear while giving them a ride.

So I am not worried about the old peeps not coming but how well is it to play off this for marketing... can I actually scare off to many or its more of a draw?

This should be beneficial for you and your haunt!

Nothing wrong with saying its haunted. Just show respect for the people that died there. I would put much of it in the theme. But you can more than advertise its haunted. And if anyone asks why then you can tell them.
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

Comment

sounds like an opportunity to feed your creativity.
      Create Icon characters based on the stories.
      I would try to learn more.
      PLus you could also invite paranormals out to investigate.
      Check out Waverly hills.
      They have made a market out of it.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Cool thanks.. I just found out the house my house is built on was also used as the court house back in 1803. Keeps getting better!

Comment

Working...
        X