how far to travel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how far to travel ?

how far are people willing to travel to come to your haunt ? how many miles is worth dropping off flyer to ? one owner wants to do like a 20 mile radius from the haunt and try focusing on things more north of since theres less attractions north of ours. but i think we should do like a 6o mile radius. there is a haunted paper we have that goes all over michigan. but im looking more at placing fliers how far away do you think is a waste of time ?

Our average customer travels more than 30 minutes; but I suspect that is the exception to the rule.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

If your haunt has a good reputation and you have advertised so they know you are there they will come. Put an ad in craigslist, newspaper, newspaper flyers insert, ect. If you think about your time and money to have the flyers made and the gas to deliver them you may be better to put an ad some where. Or pass flyers out at a mall. Get permission first. We drove from Tampa Fl. to Atlanta Ga. just to see Netherworld (500 miles). We have also gone to Orlando to see a haunted attraction show (150 Miles). we have also traveled 300 miles to buy props. So you never know how far away they will come. We have had people come from as far away as 70 miles to see our haunt in the past. This is not a normal travel distance for most people. It depends on your area. We live in the most populated county per square mile in Fl. so our people do not have to travel far.

Comment

I think a 60 miles radius is fair game

Comment

i try hitting more popular areas bigger cities he wasnt to hit the corn feilds pretty much and dont get me wrong we pull alot from the north but i think just as many come up from the south of us. i do the same go to every other haunt i possibly can and i will drive 45 miles to one. if its in your blood they will go anywhere i think

Comment

If you have larger colleges nearby why not bus em in?

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
              If you have larger colleges nearby why not bus em in?
              that was something that has crossed my mind

Comment

Being OPEN helps.

Being OPEN every night of the entire year, that is. (27th year, this year.)
                So no real surprise that we have had numerous people from all over the World come here.
                Some of those from far away lands did come here brought by their Sponsers, but then, their Sponsers had already been here, which says something for always working to give Everyone the best possible Show every time!
                There must be very few countries that have not been here, really!
                A man from Poland didn't quite follow instructions, stepped Right instead of Left, which then made ice-cold water go over the side edge of his shoe. He is a muscular man, but everyone swore they heard a little girl screaming when it happened!
                A very beautiful young woman with red hair said she could hardly wait til she got back home to Saint Petersburg.
                "Saint Petersburg, Russia?"
                "Yes I'm from Russia."
                "You speak flawless middle-America English! Will you be returning here to work as a spy?"
                (Unfortunatly I had not even one secret to give up to her!)
                A dozen High Schoolers from Germany waited in the hallway as I set up what their American sponser wanted me to do, which basically only had her screaming as the all got into the room, but all of their arms shot up and they all screamed (in unison) It looked as if they were all surrendering!
                A man from half-way around the world with a haunt told me how his employees'" Always try to scare him, but none of them ever had scared me."
                A few scant moments later as his two arms shot straight up into the air as he twitched in reactive fear he found out to scare someone CAN be accomplished with the simplest and cheapest of items, if you set it up right, psychologically."Oh, you GOT ME! You Got ME!"
                Then there was the boy from Japan who kept saying "Oh Sheet! Oh, Sheet!" (He couldn't quite get the "IT" right on the end of "SH".
                Can you tell, We Love people from everywhere when they arrive here.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                  Being OPEN every night of the entire year, that is. (27th year, this year.)
                  So no real surprise that we have had numerous people from all over the World come here.
                  Some of those from far away lands did come here brought by their Sponsers, but then, their Sponsers had already been here, which says something for always working to give Everyone the best possible Show every time!
                  There must be very few countries that have not been here, really!
                  A man from Poland didn't quite follow instructions, stepped Right instead of Left, which then made ice-cold water go over the side edge of his shoe. He is a muscular man, but everyone swore they heard a little girl screaming when it happened!
                  A very beautiful young woman with red hair said she could hardly wait til she got back home to Saint Petersburg.
                  "Saint Petersburg, Russia?"
                  "Yes I'm from Russia."
                  "You speak flawless middle-America English! Will you be returning here to work as a spy?"
                  (Unfortunatly I had not even one secret to give up to her!)
                  A dozen High Schoolers from Germany waited in the hallway as I set up what their American sponser wanted me to do, which basically only had her screaming as the all got into the room, but all of their arms shot up and they all screamed (in unison) It looked as if they were all surrendering!
                  A man from half-way around the world with a haunt told me how his employees'" Always try to scare him, but none of them ever had scared me."
                  A few scant moments later as his two arms shot straight up into the air as he twitched in reactive fear he found out to scare someone CAN be accomplished with the simplest and cheapest of items, if you set it up right, psychologically."Oh, you GOT ME! You Got ME!"
                  Then there was the boy from Japan who kept saying "Oh Sheet! Oh, Sheet!" (He couldn't quite get the "IT" right on the end of "SH".
                  Can you tell, We Love people from everywhere when they arrive here.
                  we had a few from other countries as well but usually exchange students

Comment

Great question actually...

I'm going to say 200 miles away or 3 hours away... people are use to using the web now to find things. Heck Hauntworld.com popularity is at an all time high because people are willing to drive further away. Do you have small cites towns near you hit and hit them hard... I have tons of college towns near me and I'm marketing in ALL OF THEM!

I plan to do even more this year than ever before... so I say go for it!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                    X