Attraction Relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attraction Relocation

Does anyone have any experience with relocating an entire attraction? I am looking for your opinions/suggestions/tips on the best way to tear an attraction down to ensure easy setup at the new location as well as (and possibly more importantly) information as to the best means of transportation. (The move is 600+ miles.)

I have been trying to obtain quotes from various freight carriers but they all want weights and class codes. Since the attraction is still standing at this time, I have no idea where to start. (Not to mention, what codes should be used for these types of items.)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Talk to Kelly Collins of Scaratorium in Columbus Area and also the past Owner of Midwest Haunter convention. He has moved his haunt at least 3 times and did it in just a couple of months this last year. I once ask him how he was going to pull it off and he said it was all about how you load the trucks. Look him up, he is a great guy and I am sure he would have some great advice.
    Phatman

Comment

We have had similar issues moving large, odd shaped props across the country. Freight carriers require everything to be individually processed, increasing potential for lost items from one location to the other. Not to mention the various codes and other regulations that usually crop up, adding unexpected charges. We have overcome most of these problems since we have started using upack for shipping. They can even provide loading/unloading staff if you need, and the prices are almost always better than normal freight (at least they have been for us). If you want, PM me and I'll send you info on my contact there. It might not hurt to talk to him at least to see if this would work for you!

Comment

pack rat or pods

I think your best bet would be to use either pack rat or pods in this case

Comment

Working...
        X