Photo Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Ops

So I noticed at least 4 different vendors selling photo ops. Do you provide this to provide additional revenue or as a way to boost social media traffic as they share their photos? Also if you charge , how much and do you provide a physical photo or just allow them to use their phones. Appreciate your thoughts.
    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Photo Op -

Last year we set up a small photo op for customers to take pictures of themselves in - It had our haunt sign overhead and we placed two large prop creatures inside for them to pose with - We placed a notice outside the photo op that if they tagged and shared the photos online they were entered for a chance at some prizes. It worked pretty well and we got some fun pics out of it - and best of all we didn't waste any man power since they were taking their own photos.

Comment

Lots of photos

We have a lot of people take photos just standing next to the corn and our sign. There were a few more who took pics when we had a giant T-Rex sticking his head and neck out of the corn, but not as many more as I would have expected. The simple plywood cutout where you stick your head through...seriously got more people of all ages. College students would gather around 2 people sticking their heads through a sheet of plywood by the dozens. Might be another situation where the KISS method (Keep it simple stupid) is better.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

"Why You Doing That?"

Making a pteradactl skeleton and hanging it on the outside of your haunted house? You're giving them something for Free!"
        "Well, you have to give them something for "free" to get them interested in seeing what is inside."
        About a week or two later as people began stopping here (driving down an alley into a dead end street behind the storefronts, a mile off of the major highway) to take a picture or two of my skeletal creation I made ,the prediction that the long, boney visage of that ancient bird would eventually be "The Most Photographed Face in this Country", and I believe it probably is just that after 27 years!
        The one criticising my ideas had started his own business about the time I was born. He was very successfull.. but he didn't know MY BUSINESS.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We're toying with the idea of building a photo booth that does the 4 pic print out, with a twist for the final pic...being a scare. We have a stock and several other places, including a sponsor board with our logo and premium sponsors on it, for patrons to take free pics. We get a ton of social media exposure with those.
          Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
          X