Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKay so we BEGIN!

Yeah pictures of TRASH and RUINS! LOL

We have a lot of work to do here to make it to Transworld. I went down today and was pretty pissed I must say. Because we open for Christmas in just two weeks. This is a mess...

So far we have taken out a giant tunnel in our HIVE zombie haunt, and we moved the one displaced scene for our new Pirate Escape Room. So we've framed out where the new Pirate Escape is going and we're setting up the old scene into the old tunnel area. Nothing exciting there.

Over the next two days we're going to spend a lot of time CLEANING out the old Jungle, and the Hive to get ready for Christmas. After our Christmas show we'll be cleaning out another scene.

Just so you know our goal is to have everything done by Valentines Day. Why? We have to build a haunted house for the tradeshow floor. Additionally we're doing work at Lemp just not until after Christmas.

IMG_1416.jpgIMG_1417.jpg
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Good Stuff! Really enjoy the showmanship!
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

• Okay sorry been away but here is an update...

The empty room here is going to be the Pirate escape... not really working on it yet will be next week.

This room that use to be the jungle is now gutted and we're building a platform for this new SKULL animation its the first thing we had to do.

More pictures coming soon once I head back down there... so actually this skull animation is already up this was taken two days ago.

So let me try and explain what is going on here...

1) To make room for the Pirate escape room we had to remove part of the zombie haunt so we removed the tunnel. We re-located the scenes displaced into the tunnel and believe it or not teh haunt is now longer than before. The entire zombie haunt is now already put back together, so instead of one scene its now two scenes have been added. So in other words what was one scene and a tunnel is now two new scenes, and a pirate escape room. So the pirate escape room we'll get on next week but the room is now empty and ready for build out.

2) Skull Kingdom: This is going to be the best scene we've EVER and I mean EVER EVER built in the Darkness. Coming from Bo is 4 animations, plus there will be a flying rig, a swinging bridge, plus programed lighting and sound fx show. Its going to be epic best ever. So this room is now totally gutted and cleaned out. The Skull is something I bought from Distortions like 4 years ago and have never used. It will be used now. Everything around the skull will be sculpted out like a SKULL MOUNTAIN and the skull itself will talk. Like I said the room total will include five animations, programmed lights and sound.

3) We're building another room for the Darkness tour but we're not starting on that until after our Christmas show is over, and the Pirate escape room is built out. Its something we'll start working on probably like in January. That room is also going to be super bad ass!!! That scene will also have programmed light show. Everything you'll see at Darkness will hopefully be stuff you've ever seen before. That is the goal.

Lastly, we're going to start working on Lemp probably in a couple weeks with a different team all together.

Larry

IMG_1701.jpgIMG_1700.jpgIMG_1699.jpg
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• We just updated our party room at our escapes. If you book our escapes we'll have five escape rooms, a new party room, new lobby, new pre-shows for our escapes.

www.stlouisescape.com

IMG_1709.JPGIMG_1708.JPGIMG_1707.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• The giant Skull is up in the air ... look at the picture of a 6'5 person trying to walk up a ladder see how big that thing is??? So the we'll be creating SKULL KINGDOM build out starting TODAY! We're hoping to have the entire thing framed out within 2 weeks, it will take another two weeks on top of that to sculpt, hard coat the entire room. I won't get all the new animations from Bo until Mid-January. But this room should be done in January at some point.

IMG_1713.jpgIMG_1711.jpgIMG_1714.jpg
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• Drawing of part of the room for the new Darkness scene. This is going to be the best scene we've ever built. It will take a while but its going to be incredible.

IMG_1710.JPG
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• That looks amazing. When do tickets go on sale?

Comment

• This is the exit of the new Skull Kingdom. Things are moving. Tickets will go on sale in January

Resized_20181211_1504551.jpg
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Day one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23932[/ATTACH]
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• We're also adding an all-new Escape Room A Pirates Curse!!

Captains Quarters artwork [1].jpgIncan Room [1].jpg
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• Not a lot got done this past week because Mike who's heading up the project hurt his back. But right after Christmas we're going all out on this and another team is going to start the Escape Room project. So everything is going to roll right after Christmas.

IMG_1828.jpg
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Not much to show so far... building out this room is going nicely.

20190102_180617.jpg20190102_180548.jpg
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Sorry I've been away... actually I haven't done much of anything lately but I'm now back on the job. I wanted to clear up a few issues and address them one by one.

1) Someone said every year I say this is going to be the last Darkness tour...

Let me address that one. Every year I think to myself I'm nuts I'm spending a ton of money, and I'm not getting it back from the St Louis Market, which isn't very good btw. So I keep asking myself why am I spending all this money? Now that I'm getting a lot older, and slower btw, I'm re-thinking what I should or shouldn't do. So now I'm thinking how much better can the darkness get without tearing out a lot of stuff that is already really good. So I'm looking around every year trying to figure out what in here is actually bad? It can be argued that some things are better than others, and other things could be cooler or whatever. But there has to be an end to spending on this thing.

I have other plans Im planning on opening a bar and replacing a big chunk of the haunted house. So I looked around the Darkness and said okay we're only going to do ONE BIG SCENE this year... but then I reminded myself oh wait what about the old sewer scene upstairs. Then it was oh yeah okay now its TWO SCENES. Then it was like oh and don't forget about the gift store area we have to re-arrange that again. It never really ends does it?

So the only real way to end this cycle of madness is stop working on the thing ... and if I don't open it for Transworld I won't. Our plan is to go ALL OUT on the Darkness this ONE LAST TIME and then move onto Creepyworld for a while. So MAYBE we open like we're doing Lemp like on Friday night just open it... but nothing like this again. We might do something there next year only because we're planning on opening a social competitive bar. We might do something there. The haunt not spending any money on it.

2) Lemp - We haven't opened Lemp but two times prior. Lemp doesn't make me any money so this is 110% the last time I'm opening it because I don't want to invest any more money into it. So if you want to see Lemp this is 110% the last time. We will OPEN Creepyworld in 2020 and its going to be expensive I know that probably $100 bucks a ticket. It going to cost well north of a $100k just to get it ready to open.

3) Creepyworld Tour 2020 - So our plan again is to JUST OPEN CREEPYWORLD. We'll have a behind the scenes tour just like Darkness. Just so you understand Creepyworld and Darkness are about 20 minutes apart, whereas Lemp and Darkness are 5 minutes apart. We can't have behind the scenes tours at Darkness and Creepyworld. See what I'm saying?

We worked our ASS off Summer 2018 to get ready to for 2020 Transworld. We still have some more work to do to get it ready. We'll work on Creepyworld this summer and fall/winter 2020 to open by Transworld. We'll do a behind the scenes tour probably on Thursday like before and open it with actors on Saturday. On Friday night we might open Darkness just buy a ticket and come with actors.

SO NOW lets focus on 2019.

We're totally doing another $250,000 dollar BLOW OUT renovation let me tell you...

We have already spent close to $100k with Unit 70 that is a fact.

We're doing two all-new rooms, one being the biggest scenes inside the Darkness. We're also adding tons of new props and animations to several other rooms so its going to be new in a lot of area's. Our Hive haunted house next door was totally changed already its ready to go.

Our Cellar Escape room is now essentially all-new from last Transworld, our Lobby is 110% different, and we're adding a new Pirate Escape room build from scratch.

So yes this LAST MAJOR Darkness tour is going to be the very best one we've EVER EVER DONE! It will rank in the top 3 for most money spent, time and effort.

So we hope to see you this Transworld.

IMG_1886.jpgIMG_1880.jpg
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Pirate Escape Room... this is going to be the coolest escape room we've ever done and it will be the smallest. Once you're able to book it I would hurry because its going to sell out to either the people in St Louis or escape room owners. It will only hold like 6 people... it will include 3 rooms and its going to be tight.

We started building it yesterday. I'll start uploading pics soon! It will include CGI FX, amazing detail and many cool things we've never done before.

I also wanted to mention our entire SUBWAY escape room is for sale if someone wants it... $55,000.00 take it away at Transworld.

Incan Room [1].jpgPirate Brig [1].jpgCaptains Quarters artwork [1].jpg
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• Couple things... ONE tickets are ON SALE NOW http://darkness.fearticket.com

Another update here is that the BIG room we're working on is still probably another week away on construction. But I'd say in about 7 days from today we'll start carving foam... this is going to be a process obviously.

I talked to Unit 70 and our new props will be in on January 28th. A lot is going to happen this month.

IMG_1890.jpgIMG_1891.jpg
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X