No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, why would anyone keep monkeys in their mansion anyway? Maybe an exterior zoo on the grounds of the estate?

Jake

Comment

Unless you tear down and rebuild your haunted house each year you get scenes trapped out of place ... every year we rebuild tons of scenes mostly scenes I no longer fancy. The upstairs was this hodgepodge of stuff and the goal this year was to make things connect better. The first half is more of a mansion and the second half is more of the basement which leads to the graveyard. After all the mansion scenes comes the kitchen which leads to the freezer which has bodies in it which leads to the basement (boiler) and this secret room where like a serial killer is doing xyz.

Anyway we are calling this scenes the Silent Hill room because it will be filled with Silent Hill style nurses ... its in the back half of the attraction where everything is more industrial boiler, elevator, basement type stuff.

Does that help explain.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yes that makes more sense. I know the trapped feeling too.

Phatman I think unit 70 makes the monkeys.

Jake

Comment

Thanks just haven't seen them on their site, will contact them.

Phatman
          Phatman

Comment

Darkness

Larry love the pics! Top notch as always! The long hallway w the arch and cool ceiling is my favorite! For the 20TH YEAR I know you sd your going to do things youve never done before. Other than redoing the whole upstairs what have you planned for when the Season starts in Sept 2013. I read where you sd there is a Friday the 13th in Sept 2013. I guess you plan on opening and wondered if you doing any other cool things? Celebrities, Zombie skydivers or bungy jumping off the top of your building! LOL!
            Damon
            www.frightmasters.weebly.com
            Damon Carson

Comment

We are working on The Darkness all this week and weekend. It's really cold here and with the holidays things are going slow... however hoping by the end of the week we'll be moving on towards the graveyard area which will be the hardest build out of all. We are painting that hallway that Damon mentioned right now and it will be very cool. The garage area is almost done now... it should be done today I would think.

We need to start cleaning up everything and start putting props into place and start re-installing animations. I ordered a ton of lighting from Dark Light that should show up any day now. Money is just flying out the window! LOL

By the weekend I'll have a ton of photos of scenes that will be getting close to completion.

I bought a TON OF TV's the other day we are doing a whole bunch of digital FX in the haunt this year. We'll also be selling some at the show itself.

Tickets will go on sale in a week or so at www.thedarkness.com

Keep in mind if you buy them early they are cheaper, and if you want a certain time slot you should get them sooner than later.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

More pics...nothing overly awesome here just more pics as we develop. The cool deal here is we are getting really close to moving props around, putting props in place, or getting latex back in scenes. By the end of this coming week we'll have a lot to show ya! Larry

DSC02699.JPGDSC02700.JPGDSC02701.JPGDSC02702.JPG
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Larry,

Looking real nice. How high are your sprinklers and do you have to cut holes out on the scenes with ceilings like your arched hallway for water to go through to the ground?

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
                    Larry,

Looking real nice. How high are your sprinklers and do you have to cut holes out on the scenes with ceilings like your arched hallway for water to go through to the ground?

Jake
                    i was wondering the same thing... just didn't see any in some of the pictures

Comment

If you look REALLY close you'll see HUGE holes in the ceiling that is where the sprinkler heads are located. We didnt' cover up any sprinkler heads or fire detectors, or elights or anything else. There are no full ceilings in the haunt... we could do them but then you'd have to bring the heads down into the room itself. Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

More nothing super special photos... none of these photos will make a whole lot of sense until a couple weeks from now! But you need to see these so you can understand the ones coming later. We are working straight through the holiday! Larry

DSC02707.JPGDSC02708.JPGDSC02711.JPG
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

How did you get a VW beetle in your haunt? That's crazy!

Jake

Comment

We bought it... then we took the motor out plus stripped it of all the suspension and stuff. Then we took out the interior, dash, blah, blah. Then we cut the thing apart in like 6 pieces took it into the haunt then built a metal frame under it. Then... hold on let me catch my breath!

Then we welded it back to together, put the interior back in it add some wheels and it looks like brand new.

The bug is also a scare as it has headlights that activate along with a horn. We are building a new garage scene and it will go inside the garage crashed through the building.

The scene will also include a ton of dogs who will attack you when you approach the house.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Couple more photos... Its really going to take at least another 10 days before we really start getting anywhere close to the detail type photos I'd like to show you! Bare with me... Larry

photo.JPGphotoaaa.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working on a new room... the kitchen! We will show how we do all this on the new video we are making 'how to detail your haunt 4 mansion mansion edition'. This scene is painted AWESOME and its NOT done yet... by Sunday we are hoping to be done with ALL the painting of the mansion rooms. Then we'll start detailing them... we are already installing TV sets for new digital FX and all kinds of stuff.

The big thing now is working on the graveyard that is the big one! Still to come! I have to admit this is taking longer than I expected and is hurting my ability to work on new products for the TW show... which sucks! I decided like two days ago that nothing is good enough and decided to add like double the work to everything. Just trust me... when you come to the tour you are going to see how detailing a mansion is done like HOllywood movie! You'll see... I'm pulling out all the stops now! On another note we are doing work to Terror Visions as well and it will all be done middle of next week. Can't take photos because the floors are wet and just not enough right to to show you.

The tour tickets will be sold at www.thedarkness.com and should be on sale early next week like maybe even Monday.

Larry
                                DSC02727.JPGDSC02728.JPGDSC02729.JPG
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X