Laser Vortex Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Vortex Help

Hey everyone! I am trying to make a laser vortex, and I am having an issue. I can cup my hands around the laser and see that it is making a circle. When I turn on my fog machine, and I walk to where I can see the laser, it is just a vertical line.
    I am using a computer heatsink fan running at 12v / 1200 RPM, with a glued on piece of hot glue stick cut at 45 degrees, and a mirror glued to the angle.
    The laser is a cheapy one I found at Target, it's a cat toy, and cost 3.99

I don't know if the laser is just too weak, or if I am standing too close, or on the wrong side?

I am facing the side where the mirror is, so I can see right where the laser is hitting the mirror.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Erik

I would like to offer an alternative solution. Since your laser is so cheap (inexpensive) you might want to buy about 6 to 8 of those. Make a circle out of plywood and cut out holes for each laser (holes are for the laser holder not the beam). Attach each laser into each hole. Then attach this disk (circle of ply) to a motor. This will create your vortex tunnel and be a cheap alternative. One more, thing; use dissipating fog fluid. Too much fog will take away from the effect. Hope this helps.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

I bought a 3 pack of 5mw lasers, should be here before Halloween!

Comment

It was definitely the type of laser causing the issue. The ones I bought off Fleabay are ten times brighter and work really well for this type of setup. HTH someone else!

Comment

Working...
        X