gliding on ceiling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gliding on ceiling?

Whats a diy way to have someone safely gliding over guests on a ceiling. The actor would glide, slide, towards guests.

gliding on ceiling

There was a guy at the Darkness in MO that built a rig that was just a cable pulled tight across the ceiling. The actor attached to a zip line (trolley) and it pivoted by means of the cable he hung from. Its so simple that many haunts are using it. Just make sure your cables are tight and won't come loose and fall. The guy that built this one (according to him) his name is Bobby.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

I actually built the ceiling rig at darkness a few years ago. We used high strength steel cable (the kind used for zip lines) for the fly line and used a trolley (the kind used for zip lines) in conjunction with a stunt harness for the actor. It's really pretty simple. I can't remember where all the zip line stuff came from but the fly harnesses came from ZFX...although the harness is not all that comfortable. There might be a better solution than that one out there.

Hope that helps.
      Kip Polley
      www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
      We Engineer Fear

Comment

We have NOT done zip line systems, but we have used track systems quite extensively.
        but as has come up several times with threads like this. This can be very dangerous.

We built a couple track systems for Scarywood. both were over 20'
        And we have sold a couple to different haunts.
        it starts at 8' lengths, and comes with a 1400 lb capacity 4 wheel trolley. and we use a superman style harness.
        so they are pretty comfortable.
        and can have a scream cube attached to them.
        Attached Files
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

counter wieght

We had a guy build a counter weighted cable system at our haunt one year that gave him the ability to crawl up trees, buildings and out branches. I'm not sure if it could be rigged for a ceiling but I know it could rigged for walls. I guess it all depends on what the ceiling is made of... Hmmm!
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by kpolley View Post
            I actually built the ceiling rig at darkness a few years ago. We used high strength steel cable (the kind used for zip lines) for the fly line and used a trolley (the kind used for zip lines) in conjunction with a stunt harness for the actor. It's really pretty simple. I can't remember where all the zip line stuff came from but the fly harnesses came from ZFX...although the harness is not all that comfortable. There might be a better solution than that one out there.

Hope that helps.
            Sorry, its hard to know who tells the truth sometimes while working in a haunted house. There are a lot of people that take credit for things they didn't do.
            RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
            http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

Working...
            X