New radio deals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New radio deals?

I'm not sure if they are that new, but they are new to me. I have had stations and groups of stations in my market and outside my market contact me with these new ticket deals. In exchange for selling (not giving away) a certain number of my tickets at half price off their web site they will promote my haunt, and give me half the money they make on selling my tickets at half price. I've done lots of straight tickets for advertising deals with radio stations, but this is the first year I have seen this type deal. Anyone ever do this? Is this radio attempt to generate new revenue to make up for what they are loosing in straight ad money?
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

We aren't exactly doing that here. If you don't mind me asking, where exactly are you from?
    Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
    "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."
    sigpic
    flatlineradio.podomatic.com

Comment

Well I thinks its "relatively new" and is tied to the rise of internet use. Yes it is an attempt to grab lost revenues back.

This will be our third year doing it. We're small, so we are not putting many tickets up, but I figured a way to help get more back for the effort.

So in our case the station that runs the "daily deals" program is centered in a larger city an hour away- which is very tasty to us, but spending money on ads trying to get customers to drive that far is a bit risky imo.

For our market, I think a 60 mile drive to a haunt is just about the reasonable limit.

Anyway, putting up zero $ to get customers from a distant area is a no-brainer- even better if you get cash back- better still if people actually make the drive! Your story spreads!

On top of that we did ticket packages instead of onesie-twosies to get the buy in higher, the cash back larger and the number and kinds of distant customers up.
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Yes, I agree. It is a great deal for areas that I wouldn't normally advertise.

Luray Virginia. Home of the world famous Luray Caverns.
        sigpic
        Louis Brown
        Owner, operator, and dish washer
        at
        DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
        X