Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elowther
    replied
    This new carving looked cool. You can see the giant 4 story head in the background to the right. As you came around this thing you would finally see the big one. Since it was new and that big it made quite an impression.

Some fog coming from the queue line.

I love this effect. Skeletons draped in cheese cloth and sprayed with glow in the dark paint. You have to just mist the figures because it's easy to go overboard with the effect. We rented a 400 watt black light to light the whole tunnel full of these.

This is the facade that will be gone. I want to increase the patrons visibility of the new one from a distance. The new one whatever it looks like will be on a raised platform and pushed back to give us more room in the queue line.

Leave a comment:

• elowther
    replied
    Thanks John! I figured I would post a few more of the new buildings I showed in this thread with the lighting. I will start a new post for 2013 when that is underway. We are going to demolish the facade with the horns and revamp the queue line first.

Train tunnel, about 20 feet tall.

Death Junction after you go through the train tunnel.

New covered bridge. A troll was in there of course.

I like these small crooked buildings. I call them creative fencing. They add a lot of character to the haunt while providing blockades for routing patrons through the trail. Actors can come out of them If I want.

Leave a comment:

• john haines
    replied
    Gotta be the best haunt in the universe !!!!!!

FOR AN OUTDOOR WALK THRU, THE "SKY IS THE LIMIT" (literally !) (no height restrictions,obviously).. THE PHOTOS DON'T LIE. MOST INCREDIBLE PICTURES OF A HAUNT THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN....................ULTRA-CREEP FACTOR KICKS IN IN A HUGE DARK FOREST. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST !!!!!! WOW !!!! ERIC, YOU AND YOUR CREW ARE DOING GREAT WORK UP THERE !!!!! HOPEFULLY, I'LL GET THERE IN 2013 !!!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO !!!!

Leave a comment:

• hauntboys
    replied
    Thanks for sharing. Please tell me someone walks thru and video tapes the haunt. It has to be one of the most unique haunts I've seen. Someday I will make it out east. And your haunt will be at the top of the can't miss list. Amazing haunt. Dan

Leave a comment:

• elowther
    replied
    Check it out. Artifact Images just sent me this slide show they made. So cool!

Leave a comment:

• elowther
    replied

The four of us that built this 4 story monster are pictured here in the mouth. Dan Thomas, Me, Tom Sadowski and Wallace Valley. The massiveness of this thing doesn't really convey in these photos but the thing looks pretty cool from the ground when people come around the corner. Ran out of time for the cactus spines all over it. Maybe next year.

Leave a comment:

• elowther
    replied
    Thanks HauntedMemphis! Glad you made the trip out and enjoyed it!

I hope everyone had a good season!

We are getting ready for our staff wrap party on the 17th. I'm going through the photos now to give Tim for the video. Here are a few more. I'm so thankful for Artifact Images, they do a great job with the challenges of haunt lighting. Almost time to start the actor appreciation thread.

Enjoy,

Eric

Leave a comment:

• HauntedMemphis
    replied
    I happened to be in the Boston area for business and had tonight free before catching a flight tomorrow. Made an hour and a half drive (each way) to go see Haunted Overload. Been watching the pictures for years now, and was always impressed by how well everything photographed. It looks even more spectacular live. This event is truly unique, and the visuals are breathtaking. So glad I decided to make the trip out there. Sets a very high bar for what can be done on a haunted trail, but I actually learned a ton applicable even to lower budget shows.

Leave a comment:

• john haines
    replied
    GOSH...... ERic's Place is awesome !!!!!!

gotta be one of the best in the world !!!!! the all natural surroundings and construction make it even more of a hit. a true artist !!!!! thanks for sharing all of these great photos.......incredible camera work !!!

Leave a comment:

• graystone
    replied
    Eric

Love, Love, Love them it was because of you I started doing photos in my haunt! Shane and it's awsome! Shane

Leave a comment:

• elowther
    replied
    Short teasers.

Leave a comment:

• elowther
    replied

Leave a comment:

• elowther
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SomeThingInTheIce
    replied
    I bet you made one hell of a tree house when you were a kid.lol.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Goff
    replied
    This is probably my favorite thread. This is one of those threads that you look at again and again. Absolutely amazing. It's inspirational and humbling all at the same time. This haunt is at the top of my bucket list. Please keep the pictures coming.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X