Industry Input TV Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane,

I think you have a good idea. I also think if you model the show after a proven formula it would be great. I don't think it would ruin the magic. Some of the shows that have worked with this formula so far are.

Deadliest Catch
    Axe Men
    Gold Rush
    American Chopper
    Ice Road Truckers

Gold Rush is on Friday night at 9 if you want to check it out. Very interesting characters on there and ratings are very good for that show.

It's the personalities behind the scenes doing interesting things that will make the show. Having Danielle as the host will be awesome! It will make all haunts much more popular if it gets on. All aspects of running a haunt are interesting and have not really been seen in depth by the general public. The build up to the season opening is great to build the anticipation and excitement.

Let us know if you want an outdoor haunt for the show. Good luck and keep us posted!

Eric
    Last edited by elowther; 02-10-2012, 07:33 AM.
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Haunt Tours Preview

Here is a sample of the kind of show that we are putting together. The first haunts that we are featuring are the ones that we were able to make it out to during the season. We like to show up and record the haunt pre-haunt season to get a preview of what's being created and then come back again during the open season of the haunt to record and mix the two views together to see how everything that was being created came together.

Our first episodes will be featuring Dent Schoolhouse, Fear Fair and Indy Screampark. If your interested in having your haunt featured for this next Halloween season, drop us a note and we will see what we can work out. We love showcasing great haunts for the entire industry to see! I'm excited to see Shane putting together a show also and can't wait to see what happens! Haunters put a ton of work into their haunts and everyone should see and appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears of those involved to put on a great season for guest!

Last edited by MovieRelics; 02-09-2012, 09:11 AM.
      News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
      Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Phone Call

Talked to Ben and he has my head spinning with really good suggestions. Bottom line what the network wants is to see everything there is to see! From personal lives of the owner, the crews, they want to see everything there is to do from dealing with vendors, permits and codes. There will be drama it sells and when I talked to them about my original concept it was.... Been there done that! Danielle pretty much made me realize what they wanted and to pull this off that's what I have to do. If you have a suggestion I still want to hear it! Shane and it's I am listining! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

cant wait to see it!

Shane I'm glad you and danielle are doing this! I think you will be able to draw many viewers with this not only haunters and haunt enthusiasts but even maybe even draw more people to haunted houses nationwide that wouldn't normally attend a haunted house by showing the fun side of it all. I think
          some behind the scenes would be good for all watching. When you think only 18 to 2o
          percent of money spent on halloween is at haunted houses who knows you could increase that number significantly with this show. Maybe show an average normal family at home and have them talk about how they attend their local haunt every year! Explain how halloween isn't just one day out of the year its a season, its a business, its the life and blood that runs through many of us. I think with danielle and robert englund and other great horror movie stars making cameos on the show would be awesome! I wish you all the best of luck and I'm eager to see it!
          Best of luck!
          Damon
          Frightmasters
          Last edited by damon carson; 02-09-2012, 11:29 PM.
          Damon Carson

Comment

Well if they show interaction with vendors there will be no end to the drama.
            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Larry....

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
              Shane,

I can't think of anyone better than you to have a TV show. You are one funny dude!

I would watch that show.

Our company has been offered 4 or 5 tv shows and so far I've passed on them all... I have no time for a camera following me around everywhere I go.

Everyone on our staff wants us to do it... Jim is 50/50. Who knows maybe we will maybe we won't. They want us to do a show where we build attractions for people and everything between goes wrong which it usually does! LOL

Anyway I hope you do a show because I would watch every episode.

Larry

PS: Speaking of this was a haunted house and Unit 70 on Shipping wars. I think that show sucks big time, it is 110% STUPID! But I watch Storage Wars and TIVO a show and saw the last 2 minutes of a Shipping Wars. What happened there does anyone know.
              Larry glad your still watching storage wars!! I say you, me and Ben. Paul and a few others needs to go and buy some units!!!!!!! Honestly I don't want to do the show myself I want to just be the creator and owner with Danielle that's where were heading or I want to to head! If someone else were doing the show I might be inclined to do it but I did not want to do a show where it comes off as I created it for me so at this point my focus is behind the scenes! Were seeing a few vendors doing some shows now. But NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE KNOWS THE STRESS AND PRESSURE OF OWING A HAUNT WHERE YOUR PUTTING YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD!!! It's time to showcase some haunts out there and the blood and sweat they put into it!!! I don't think it will let out any secrets I actually think people will say there is no way I would deal with the stress and drama that comes with pulling off these shows! Shane and it's DON'T FORGET I WANT TO PRODUCE! Shane

Shipping Wars I think the chick is hot but that dude with the long gray hair I want to slap the shit out of!!!!! I watch it but it's no storage wars! Yes they picked up a vampire prop at Unit70 and it was droped off at H O T!
              sigpic

Comment

might be a good idea

I would watch a show about you and your haunt. Plus being on both sides of the camera would make it easier to get what you need on film. Think of it as a dry run to work out the bugs of the show for future episodes at other haunts. This would be a good marketing tool to get haunts to jump on board. I hope you do it because I can't get enough haunt from whats out there. If it takes someone to assist you producing the show learn from that to. Do the show but as far as not wanting to do a show where it comes off as created for yourself that's where the challenge comes in. sincerely

Comment

Working...
                X