Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme Detailing for your Haunted Attraction Full Day Seminar at TransWorld!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Detailing for your Haunted Attraction Full Day Seminar at TransWorld!

ALL DAY WORKSHOP - 9:00am – 5:00pm

Extreme Detailing for your Haunted Attraction
    9:00am - 5:00pm
    Speakers: Bad Boys, Scenic Design / Cutting Edge Scenic Design
    Always one of the most anticipated classes of the year, this full-day hands-on seminar is a favorite with amateur and professional haunters alike.

Learn intelligent and practical application and creative techniques for turning an average room design into a highly detailed Disney-level attraction. Detailing, tips, tools of the trade, and advanced methods will be demonstrated and discussed with plenty of opportunity for Q&A along the way. Topics and demonstrations will cover faux painting, distressing, LightScaping, rust, rotted plaster, Tiger Foam, and, of course, the Bad Boys’ signature Styrofoam Masonry. As every year’s class features a different themed scene highlighting a new design, scenic challenges, and application methods, returning seminar attendees will be able to deepen their knowledge and develop their technique further. If you ready to take your skills to the next level, this is your chance!

During this very special 8-hour intensive, a scene will be built from start to finish as the designers share the the tips and techniques they have learned, refined, or developed during their careers. This year’s seminar will feature special guest designers Christopher de Troy from Loki’s Workshop, architectural sculptor and designer Steve Riner, and Bert Zelten from MiniSpotlight. Learn how these applications have been used in attractions across the country, including Nightmare New England, SpookyWorld, The Fear at Fenway, ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition, TransWorld’s own 2011 and 2012 Interactive Haunts, Terror on the Fox (1997 – 2009), and more!

Bad Boys Scenic Design’s artistic skills in set design have earned them the respect and admiration of the most prominent names in the haunted attraction industry. Don’t miss the chance to learn their best techniques and methods culled from over two decades of award-winning design.

Cutting Edge Scenic Design’s talented team of designers and artists from across the country brings over 25 years of experience in the haunt and entertainment fields, Cutting Edge excels at producing high impact, inventively detailed scenes and attractions that will impress customers and raise the caliber of your show.

Tickets can be purchased at the following link: https://registration.tweshows.com/events/hs8

“Remember the MacGyver TV show from the 80’s? The guy who could create a hovercraft using only duct tape, a turkey baster, and some nasal spray could still learn a few things from The Bad Boys. They have mastered the art of creating high-impact sets using low-cost materials, have inspired and influenced countless haunted attractions across the country, and are some of the most talented and informative artists within the entire haunted attraction industry. The skills and information that they reveal in their seminars is priceless. I have been in the haunted house business for more than 25 years, and yet I am still learning new things every year from The Bad Boys.”

- Scott Simmons, Creative Director of The ScareHouse, Pittsburgh, Pa.

" I still remember when the first photos of the Bad Boys scenic work first popped up on the haunt message boards...everyone just said WOW! To this day they continue to amaze..they just keep getting even faster and better at haunt room design every year!"

- Ben Armstrong, Co-Owner NetherWorld Haunted House, Atlanta, GA.

"I must say that the Bad Boys seminar I got to attend at Midwest Haunters last year was definitely an invaluable class. Covered so much, and even for me a haunter of almost 20 years now, there were a ton of great little tips tricks and techniques that I was able to pick up, have already used many of the new techniques in projects I have done since, even including some stage productions and sets. They built a full detailed room in a matter of hours, and everyone was welcome to come up and try a lot hands on. I'll have to track down some of the pics I took to share.

If you have the time it is totally worth checking out...will definitely help you take your set design to the next level. Hoping I can find a way to make it for even a portion of it."

- Mike "Pogo" Hach

"I attended the day you guys did at MHC year-before-last and it was an awesome experience... learned an unbelievable amount of great scenic design tricks and detailing techniques. I'd highly recommend this workshop to haunters of all experience levels, I truly believe everyone will get something out of it to take back home and put into practice."

- Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner Haunt 2013, LLC

“Although I haven’t seen the Bad Boys’ work in person, I have seen many photos of it that I have been very impressed with. I have also been impressed with Mike Krausert. I know him as a true professional with a great deal of integrity, something that is hard to find and always appreciated in business today”

- Cydney Neil, Owner Rocky Point Haunted House, Salt Lake City, UT
    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Be sure people remember to change their clocks or you'll have a lot of late arrivals.

Comment

Working...
    X