Most Attended Haunted House ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attendance

Or first year just outside of Sarasota Florida about 1hr south of Tampa with just over 7,500 our projection for this year is to be over 10,000 (we hope lol).

It is important information for our industry but i do not know if I want the world to know how big the industry is so we don't start getting a bunch of white collar executives trying to start haunts. This is and should stay an industry for the passionate and artistic.

Shawn
    Twisted Woods
    Last edited by Bradenton Haunted Trail; 01-31-2012, 07:22 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

Like I said I know my haunts would not be in the top 10 we just don't do the mega attendance here at one location. But I'd like to report who are the top 10, or top 20... its cool to see these attendance lines and videos. Nice!

However let's here some round numbers.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
        It is important information for our industry but i do not know if I want the world to know how big the industry is so we don't start getting a bunch of white collar executives trying to start haunts. This is and should stay an industry for the passionate and artistic.
        Executive plus creative equals fail. That's why Brutal Planet is no more. It was purchased to remove their competition.

Comment

Back in 1998 Rich Hanf spoke at Trans World and said that Haunters should keep mum on their numbers and how much they made because if not, big business would catch wind...well, that same year Lynton V Harris came out with Madison Scare Garden.... Just saying....

Comment

I hear you.

We generally give a number "+" It is no ones business exactly what we do. I might actually delete those photos, but I think we put them in Hauntworld mag before ( or ones like them a few years ago) anyway. Larry is right, everyone wants to know numbers, but even when they get them they are of only limited help. Many rich guys have lost a fortune trying to make bank quick, and many passion driven haunters have lost everything by over spending, lured by the hope of hitting the jackpot. Yes there are people who make a good living in this business but those stories are few and far between. The unique mix of Talent, Money, Location and pure blind luck it takes are rare indeed. NEVER risk it all...only what you can afford to lose and know that it takes years and years of struggle in most cases.

But Money mags and websites keep asking, and startups big and small keep structuring business plans on whispers and half truths, or seeing lines like these at a big haunt on a weekend in deep October, without grasping what it took to grow them.

Anyway...

Interesting thread...!

Thanks!
            Ben Armstrong
            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
            www.Fearworld.com
            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
              I hear you.

We generally give a number "+" It is no ones business exactly what we do. I might actually delete those photos, but I think we put them in Hauntworld mag before ( or ones like them a few years ago) anyway. Larry is right, everyone wants to know numbers, but even when they get them they are of only limited help. Many rich guys have lost a fortune trying to make bank quick, and many passion driven haunters have lost everything by over spending, lured by the hope of hitting the jackpot. Yes there are people who make a good living in this business but those stories are few and far between. The unique mix of Talent, Money, Location and pure blind luck it takes are rare indeed. NEVER risk it all...only what you can afford to lose and know that it takes years and years of struggle in most cases.

But Money mags and websites keep asking, and startups big and small keep structuring business plans on whispers and half truths, or seeing lines like these at a big haunt on a weekend in deep October, without grasping what it took to grow them.

Anyway...

Interesting thread...!

Thanks!
              Very true ben. I have been in the game for 14 years...started a new haunt almost every year. It takes so much BUT I have never gave up, Or never will. I love This , I know what it takes and its not an overnight thing. People dont think they should have to pay dues anymore. Well I think this is one industry you still have to pay them dues to make it. I think im at the end of mine things are looking up.....And now the world is going to end in DEC. ???? WTH. lol
              BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
              www.horrorfields.com

Comment

What comedy It IS!

The Farmer asked me, "How many people come through your haunted house every year?" (He already has one shoe off and the sock about ready to begin "cyphering"), it wasn't too hard for most that year since admission was $10, but still.
                "And how many hogs and cattle do you raise every year, Mr. Farmer? And how many bushels of corn did you get this year (@ $6.00 a bushel?) (I know that diesel tractors run for free and hogs and cattle eat bugs and dirt, so it must all be clear proffit, huh?)
                Want to know "How Many?, just ask those two guys sitting at the bar 90 feet away, they will tell you 65,000 a night during October! But don't tell anyone please! Those two guys have NEVER been inside of my house.
                My patrons move pretty slowly through this house. It would be impossible to even push or chase anything like a respectable number of happy customers through here (We could chase them and push more unhappy customers through if I didn't want or need to ever take their money again.)
                I live here in my own little hometown, doing what I feel like doing moreso than not, having this peculair nocturnal fun that
                I really enjoy so much, seeing people react to my goofy things I have made and the things I say and do with them, savoring every fun moment, I wouldn't trade this for any huge mob of faceless blurs waving their money at me. It just wouldn't be any fun then. I have said it many times:I feel sorry for those of you here who are not having fun. I get pretty cranky by October's finale and I'm not looking at even a 1,000 people a week, ever.
                I have had my house going on 25 years this summer. I have been open for house tours almost each and every night for those years.
                No gore, no blood, no "Hollywood", just Jim stroking his own massive ego when I scare people with a 10cent item or a crazy expression on my ancient, naked face, adlibbing sometimes half of what I am saying as I take them through here.
                Then once and awhile something very strange occurs here and it seems "Supernatural" and it is usually something I could never duplicate, sometimes it's something nobody else could ever duplicate either!
                It all adds to the experience and the fun!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Bravo!

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
                  I hear you.

Anyway...

Interesting thread...!

Thanks!

I could not have said it better myself.

I t has taken us 25 years of blood sweat and tears to get to where we are.
                  Ed Roberts
                  Founder
                  The Nightmare Factory
                  www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
                  www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Working...
                  X