The Darkness - Terror Visions - The Haunting Lemp Haunt Tour March 8, 9, 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkness - Terror Visions - The Haunting Lemp Haunt Tour March 8, 9, 10

Okay let me say this I think a lot of people in this industry are idiots, I've talked to them I know, but let me say for the record I'm the BIGGEST ONE of all them... LOL

I erased my own thread on the Darkness renovation thread. So all the updates, photos, everything GONE! That thread had 8000 views, and now I have to start over ... so we'll just pick up where I left off early today. Sorry! One of my favorite words is IDIOT I call 100 people a day idiot but I also call myself one at least 75 out of the 100. And today is no exception.

Let me say for the record that I was up today well its almost 5am. I worked at the haunted tonight until 3:30am doing detail work and cleaning.

So lets get this started AGAIN...

The haunt tour is March 8 , 9 , and 10 buy tickets at www.thedarkness.com To see all the renovation photos go to our tour facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/TransworldHa...TradeshowTours

If you buy tickets to the tour prior to the end of January you will save money. Again go to www.TheDarkness.com.

We will totally renovate The Darkness the most detailed haunted house in the country! We are going to have all new special effects, and never before seen animations, and more. You will get to take photos and much more. We'll see you there.

DSC00602.JPGDSC00600.JPGDSC00599.JPGDSC00595.JPGDSC00590.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I'm just posting the photos over and over again. As many as I can. Here are all new photos as you can see we are getting really far along on this cave here. You'll notice in the one shot you see the floor has been sprayed with concrete and that is because that will hold water for a waterfall. Its all coming together. I think you guys ar egoing to be blown away! We are working day and night around here! I didn't get home tonight until 3:30am.

DSC00619.JPGDSC00621.JPGDSC00639.JPGDSC00641.JPGDSC00642.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

As you can see in these photos here we have done MORE work to this new elevator and remember this is a SPECIAL FX it will do something... and it will be bad to the bone. But the detail on this is getting better and better by the second...

Maybe if you look at the older photos of this scene and then look at these maybe you can pick out the differences.

Anyway if you buy your tickets NOW you will save on the price. Take photos, feel and touch everything... I'm telling you we are working day and night hoping we can blow you guys away. That is what is driving us!

Larry
      DSC00633.JPGDSC00634.JPGDSC00635.JPGDSC00636.JPG
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Okay one of the big things we are doing this year as part of our ongoing effort to show you something new, inspire haunt owners to think bigger... we are working OVER our retail stuff. Here is artwork for a full color mug it will be for sale at the event. Also you are seeing a puzzle box for a 500 piece puzzle we are making.

You might notice on these items I have them dated 1994 to 2013 opposed to 2012... because 2013 is our 20th season. I plan on ordering enough that I can sell these over two years. Our retail store will have lots of cool things for sale. We are going ALL OUT ON THIS deal because this is our last tour we are doing. We really want to inspire haunt owners to think over the top and that is what we are doing.

You are seeing all the detail photos... yes but there are major FX behind everything you are seeing. Those things you can't see unless you attend.

Larry

PS: As for a seminar showing you how to detail this good? I know there are people doing seminars on detail work but this good I doubt it. Why... because we worked one of these scenes for over a month you can't create something this detailed or explain it in a one hour seminar. If you come to the tour and you can walk right up to the set, put your hands on it and pick out all the things we did that would be 100 times more effective than going to seminar and being shown. The reality is when I go to Universal Studios and I see some finished set or something and I take some pictures of what has attracted my eye I can figure out on my own how I would do it. Me personally I think the best way to learn detail is two things...

1) Go to places that have detail like Disney, Universal or lets say a real ghost town or a haunted house tour. TAKE A LOT OF PHOTOS for reference!

2) Get YOUR HANDS DIRTY! Look at Allen he's been an inspiration to many... I'm pretty sure but maybe he can correct me but I think I'm right on this. Do you think he woke up and did all those things... no I think Allen is the type of guy who is constantly trying new things and he's learning. So the set he's doing today looks great, but 5 years ago it won't hold a candle. You experiment and you do cool things but you also learn! You have to try... its like making some food dish until you try and taste it you'll never know! I've done detail seminars myself and you just can't do anything serious in the time allotted. Even if you spent an entire day doing a detailed set right in front of people it won't matter... it won't help much. You have to take good photos of several things that are detailed, walk through old abandonded buildings, do research on the web whatever but in the end YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR HANDS dirty you have to try new things, and you learn by doing!!! It all starts with good reference, say drawings, actually photos, then try to recreate, even if you don't get it perfect its a start.

darkness_mug_layout_samples.jpgdarkness_puzzle_box_template513.jpg
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Okay as stated many moons ago we hired Unit 70 to produce SEVERAL custom animations for us... one of the things I wanted was an animated ROACH.

So here ya go... ROACHZILLA!

Since we are doing ZOMBIE themes I needed new ZOMBIES. So here are some ZOMBIES!

At any rate... bottom line is we are picking up about half our order end of this week and the other half the week after.

I would tell you what we custome ordered from Dark Raven and Pale Night but reality is these guys are going to the show and might want to keep that stuff top secret whereas Unit 70 once again will not display.

So I guess its okay to share what they are making for me.

In the coming days you will get to see all the new 2012 Unit 70 Line Up as I will post these things here. Remember if you want to check out the new Unit 70 lineup the only place you'll see this stuff is at our tour.

I'll tell you sorta what they are making for us...

RoachZilla - ScorpionZilla - several zombies - this monkey cage animations I came up with... its so hard to explain that I won't even try you'll just have to see it LIVE ACTION - this ZOMBIE wall animations again so hard to explain what it does I can't so you'll just have to see it LIVE ACTION - walking zombies needed for my huge effect we are doing, they will be like nothing ever done before hard to explain without giving away the secret so I won't, several mummies, new animations I've NEVER seen anyone sell I'm simply calling them drop down animations again you'll have to see for yourself in person, a giant jack in the box clown animations, a couple other clown animations all for Terror Visions and yes you heard it right... CLOWNZILLA.

As things get closer I will post some photos as we go... remember you only have a couple days to get a HUGE discount on the tickets. Remember you'll see all the new unit 70 stuff, new custom Pale Night stuff, custom Dark Raven stuff, all of our new sets, new museum monsters, all new gift store stuff, Terror Visions was totally renovated, and Lemp will have this awesome ghostly pre-show. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

photo1111.JPGphotozombie.JPGzombie.jpGzombieaaphoto.JPGphoto.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Remember everything we do around our company starts with a concept and from there goes to drawings and from there it goes back to me to decide what we do from there, then it goes to Jim and our team to try and build it, and as to build it I change things like 200 times... LOL.

We in my opinion are the best fabrication company in the industry, we can basically do it all from the best detail work, elaborate fx, concrete work, to foam carving, to high end concept attractions, you name it and we've done it... no other company in this industry has done the things we've done from interactive dark rides, to yes we built a real aquarium with sharks, to you name it. Right now we are building a massive attraction going in TIME SQUARE which will be our biggest most high profile attraction yet. We constantly look for talent within the haunt industry to help us achieve our goals of building the best attractions.

I think that is our shinning star that we've been able to utilize talent within this industry and create 2 million dollar attractions for clients all over the World.
            It has been proven without any doubt that the creative people in this industry can do anything the so called big shots can do ... we have fun create this Darkness tour because we like showcasing our ability, inspiring people to think big, to know no boundaries, and never think if you want something you can't have it... because you can. That is what these tours are all about in my opinion. I am NOT trying to be like all these other tours, I'm trying to do something no one else has ever done otherwise this does not interest me. The things we do around here are HUGE projects for clients all over the World... we many times are hired to do something we've never done. I like to take that experience and role it back into our own attraction... that is the case again here. Right now I'm working with this major CGI FX shop creating some custom pieces for a client, that experience is helping me here... we've been given some opportunities to do things and we do enjoy sharing our experience with ALL OF YOU!

Reality is one day I'll be gone, and everything I've learned will be gone with me, and same for all you guys... that is why I think it's important to share what you learn so this industry can simply keep growing beyond what anyone ever thought possible. I pass along everything I learn with you guys, and now I share with my kids which is the most rewarding because in their eyes you can do no wrong. Anyway I hope you all attend the tour, and know and understand I do this ONLY TO SHARE and INSPIRE... we are not perfect, our haunt is not perfect, I realize that everytime I walk in the place. I already have a huge list of stuff I want to tear out next year ALREADY! LOL

Anyway see below these are the drawings we started with... how good did we do to re-create them? You can listen to anyone in this industry about how to get it done right... but I can tell you one thing you can trust me! I would never mislead you... when it comes to detailing your haunt, if you want to be the best, if you want to have the best haunt, if you want to grow, learn, expand and realize sky is not even the limit... follow from our experiences that we are always willing to share. It starts with great idea's, then to drawings, then to getting your hands dirty, bringing on talented people who can help you, never being afraid to bring in help... I'm doing a huge project right now and I called Dan Faupel to help me... man that guy has some talent! I love working with guys with talent, because it does nothing but elevate your game. Over the next 5 weeks I will do my best to educate you on how we did things, why we did things, and above all else show you! People say I do this for money, if that is the reason then WHY DO I SHARE everything we've done starting with the first wall we tore down... its not about money at all. I love all you guys in this industry, and I hope all these threads and posts I spend hours upon hours putting up here HELP YOU! In the end that is all that matters to me! Period!

If you don't come to the tour that is fine by me and that is why I put these posts up here... all together since we've started these tours we've had nearly 100,000 views on the threads that alone is worth it to me. Having this show has been a blessing and a curse... our passion to share and educate has created a windfall for our haunt in that we've had so much pressure put on us to turn around alot of work in a very short period of time (FOUR MONTHS) while we at the same time built several attractions for clients. Its very stressful OMG its VERY stressful, and we try very hard and no matter how hard we try we can never seem to cross all those t's and dot all the i's just not enough time... but its fun trying despite the stress... from my perspective right now we probably won't do another one of these tours. I hope we've saved the best for last, because the new sets are simply amazing, Terror Visions is breathtaking, Lemp will the best we've had it so far... its been a great ride. Even if you dont' attend I hope you have enjoyed these threads we've produced showcasing the renovations of our attractions.

Barrel roomsmall.jpgElevator doorsmall.jpgExit Doorsmall.jpgMummy Tunnelsmall.jpgRope bridgesmall.jpg
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Here are NEW LOGOS for our attractions... I will have to show you here soon a new CGI logo we created for Lemp it is so freakin awesome its beyond words. You will melt when you see this thing its just that awesome. We are stuck our hard coating gun broke again... we can't seem to get anything done. Today we loaded a truck for Canada shipping two mini golf attractions. Today we mailed out Hauntworld Magazines... not much done on haunted house however we are painting some new stuff. Will send new photos late tonight. We are off to the Lemp here later this week maybe all weekend. Time is running out FAST! I think its honest to say we won't do everything I wanted to do because we just dont' have time because we are building to many attractions for other clients right now. We are slammed and just this week alone I got another 5 to 8 requests for attractions... we are overloaded.

That is why we took a different approach where we only tore out one thing at a time... so if we ran out of time we wouldn't have to worry about replacing something we didn't have the time to replace. Oh well ... always next year! At the show we won't be big players spending money... we'll be mostly done with the exception of buying stuff for Creepyworld.

haunting lemp_t.jpg

lemp_t-2.jpglemp_logo_2012_emb_10cl_final.jpg

Also wanted to mention that the behind teh scenes tour is 70% sold out. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Here are some pictures FINALLY... what do you see here?

1) You see the clown car being worked on it will have the motion based platform. That is finally going in the right directions. Maybe by the end of this week all the welding will be done and we'll start to make it look like a ice cream truck.

2) You also see another wall in Terror Visions where we added some stencil clowns on the wall not done yet but getting closer.

3) Lastly you see photos of our cave painted. Its look pretty awesome at this point. Get your tickets now at www.theDarkness.com

.DSC00653.JPGDSC00663.JPGDSC00657.JPGDSC00661.JPGDSC00662.JPG
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Okay a couple more photos here...

Let me explain.

1) More cave pictures ... let me tell you this looks and feels like a real cave! It wasn't actually sprayed right and its going to have to be resprayed but I doubt we'll have time to do it before this show we'll see. But as of right now its pretty freaking wicked!

2) Also as I stated earlier there was another room we are working on its an upgrade to another room. We hard coated it then we based it out with grip and seal then we sprayed synergy on it for texture. It will be painted today. It looks ugly now but it wont' later tonight.

We have done SEVERAL small things all over the place this new little mummy room being one of them... haven't really focused on all the little stuff because its just not worth it to talk about. But since we went to some effort to do this I thought I would post it.

The big thing right now is we are back on Terror Visions AGAIN... I have three painters in there working for the next 5 or 6 days painting floors, props, and all the left overs. We are up to around ummm 20 to 25 people working for us right now full time and its not enough! This isn't easy to do considering everything we are trying to do at the same time. Yeah I said that right TWENTY FIVE PEOPLE... we also started working on Lemp again as of today.

Larry

DSC00644.JPGDSC00647.JPGDSC00648.JPGDSC00649.JPGDSC00650.JPG
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

We bought our tickets yesterday!!! Going to be doing everything and very excited!!
                    Bryce Ring
                    Co-owner/ Designer
                    Twisted Realms Haunted House

Comment

Couple things... see attached a bunch of different retail items we are making. We are going to try have a really nice retail selection with our logo. I think this is an area we can all improve on so I'm making an effort to do a lot of this stuff. Hopefully what we do will help you guys a bit. Brainstorm is going to start offering something to help people set up retail stores.

Couple other things... I wanted to say that we are simply overwhelmed right now so I'm not sure what else we can do at this point. We are taking our entire crew out of the shop for about 7 to 10 days next week to set up two mini golf attractions. So I want you to remember a few things... every year we are trying to figure out things that might educate and or inspire haunt owners. This year we've done less build out, but we've made it up in other area's such as this retail store. Another area is que line entertainment we are making a huge splash there as well... overall The Darkness will be 100% better than last year.

Play close attention to our retail store this year. We'll have all kinds of cool stuff to buy plus a new how to detail dvd. Get your tickets today www.thedarkness.com

209 1.75 oz. Tapered Shot Glass.jpgdarkness_caps_comp_final.jpgScreen%20shot%202012-02-01%20at%2011_20_52%20AM.pngdarkness_mug_layout_samples.jpgdarkness_puzzle_box_template513.jpg
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Again can't get tickets cuz it wants to charge full price. I wanted to pay $75 not $100
                        Last edited by HauntedPaws; 02-02-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Its because of the date, tickets were only on sale for cheaper price BEFORE February 1
                          Bryce Ring
                          Co-owner/ Designer
                          Twisted Realms Haunted House

Comment

They're still on sale or suppose to be til the 24th now per the original description.

Why didn't you tell me you just fixed it LARRY!??!?!?!

Comment

Email Terry from Interactive Ticketing... I told him to leave the ticket prices the same until Feb 2 and he said he did that. For some reason it didn't happen. I got a few emails and I cced them all to Terry and he's working on it. But yeah the ticket prices went up when I asked they did not...some error occurred there not sure what.

But the ticket prices originally where to change Feb 1.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X