No announcement yet.

The Darkness - Terror Visions - The Haunting Lemp Haunt Tour March 8, 9, 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We simply continue to work on EVERYTHING... today we worked on all three haunts Terror Visions, Darkness and Lemp. All the painting work and construction at Lemp is done. We have a HUGE list of stuff now that we have to do to get it ready to go it will take all day today with like 15 people working on it. The Darkness has another long and detailed list to go but today we will work on Lemp and Thursday we'll work at Darkness again.

The clown car is coming along. But what I wanted but there is no time to do what I wanted which was chop up a real truck so we just sort of built one. Not done with it yet. We also built this torture device and got that done today. The list of things to do is so long it would boggle your mind. We are also going to build a booth in 2 days, so whatever you see at the show if you love it know it... 2 days. No more time. www.TheDarkness.com for tickets.

Bottom line will this be worth your trip... well if you own a haunted house you will love every second of this event because this will help you with your own attraction. If you don't own a haunted house but love haunted houses you might melt in a pool of butter. There just isn't one thing that doesn't look awesome. Now we have to get it all working. That is the tough part.

DSC00881.JPGDSC00882.JPGDSC00920.JPGDSC00933.JPGDSC00935.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Spent the whole day at Lemp today. All of these photos are from Lemp.

Here is status... Lemp will be done construction wise today by noon. They will spend the rest of that day doing clean up and fire retarding.

The second half the day our main crew will go back to Darkness and try, attempt, give it their best shot to knock out a massive list over there.

At the end of the day its possible by Saturday construction of both places will be done however there is NO animations, NO lighting, and NO sound and well no Special FX video type stuff working right now. So the focus is going to be getting that stuff working obviously.

I'm just being honest we have no time to work with actors, we have no time to worry about costumes, none of that stuff... this is wing and a prayer. I will say again and again its not about that its about the haunts themselves, we want to show you some really nice detail work, original sets, special fx, blah, blah and that is exactly what we plan on trying to pull off. Kip walked through Lemp today and he seemed very impressed. I think everyone will really like Lemp this year. We did a lot of work here.

The highlight is the que line pre-show. Can we get all this stuff done?

Lets add it up... you tell me if this is a reality show in the making?

1) We have to finish all sorts of construction in Lemp and Darkness should take two more days. (Thursday and Friday)

2) We have to build a booth... haven't started yet. We were still working on a drawing as late as 5pm tonight. So that hasn't started at all!

3) We have to install all animations, all lighting, all sound, and all the new special fx. (this should take about 3 or 4 weeks but we only have 3 or 4 days)

4) We have to load a semi truck this coming Monday with two mini golf attractions that usually takes an entire day.

5) We have to install a booth at Transworld. that should take an entire day.

So basically in a nutshell we have about 7 days to do about 7 weeks worth of work. This is why they want us to do a reality show. here is some more pictures all of Lemp.

PS: Did I forget something oh yeah I did... we still don't have that how to detail your haunt 3 finished.

DSC00959.JPGDSC00960.JPGDSC00965.JPGDSC00967.JPGDSC00970.JPG
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

I will be able to upload many more photos Friday or Saturday. Terror Visions is so messy right now with tools and stuff all over the place. Our painters are coming back for round 50 to paint more on Terror Visions today. Hopefully this weekend we are going to install all the digital fx. We have two crews going one on darkness and one on lemp and starting today we are going to work on our tradeshow booth.

Today got our 500 piece puzzles in and they are awesome! We are also getting a new monster for our museum on Tuesday...its a surprise. Just remember to bring your cameras for photos ops. We did more work on our cave to hide the scorpion. And we'll be installing this big snake after we hack up the frame he's attached to. You can get your tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

DSC00982.JPGDSC00985.JPGDSC00987.JPGDSC00988.JPGDSC01016.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Okay I don't want to brag but... (LOL). Terror Visions is the best 3D haunted house in the World bar none... its stunning! Today is the first day I got to walk through it basically almost done. None of the animations are hooked up yet the bubble machine wasn't working, and the cgi fx where not on but... its now all built and all clean. Most of the sound is working and we installed these lights which EVERYONE is going to want... once you see them you are going to be coming up asking where we got them.

What they do is put like one million little red and green dots all over the place and the move real slow and when you see your body covered in them and see them with 3D glasses you'll freak out. Our clown truck is DONE... it is bad ass. Terror Visions period is BAD ASS... when you come you'll see the best 3D haunted you've ever seen in your entire life and to boot one of the single best haunted house of any kind in the country. Its just that awesome. I'm pretty stunned by what I saw today under the black light, no trash everything where it is suppose to be.

A week ago I said we'd never get it done, after having 18 yes EIGHTEEN people work on this sucker day and night we are almost there!!!! Still time to get your tickets www.thedarkness.com

DSC01028.JPGDSC01031.JPGDSC01034.JPGDSC01036.JPGDSC01040.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Yes more photos... here are our full color mugs and puzzles in display cases ready for you! These puzzles are beyond words awesome. The mugs are stunning... I didn't cut corners I went all out with them top of the line. We also have all new t-shirts, jackets everything will be on sale in the retail store.

Lastly our DVD how to detail your haunt 3 is DONE. Also I spent 6 hours filming how to detail your 3D haunted house today. That will also get done in time.

We are busy beavers around here.

Get your tickets NOW www.thedarkness.com

DSC01050.JPGDSC01051.JPGDSC01052.JPGDSC01053.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Hey where did that MASSIVE snake come from... its about in total 25 feet long. The body part is in the haunt already we are working on the snake himself. Yes that is KIP and JIm... this thing is MASSIVE wait until you see this displayed in a haunted house it is freaky. Get your tickets NOW to see and I'm not joking the best haunted house you've ever seen in your life! The sets, displays, fx, animations everything combined no that I know of has this amount of stuff.

I can only tell you I've enjoyed doing this these last four years and I only do it FOR YOU HAUNT OWNERS NO ONE ELSE!!! I get excited to do things NO ONE HAS SEEN BEFORE or to get VENDORS to make things NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE or TRY things NO ONE HAS EVER TRIED BEFORE... if I couldn't do those things I wouldn't open period.

If I could do this and leave your jaw dragging across the floor at all the original stuff we are doing, if I thought for a second you where not getting something out of what we are doing I wouldn't do it... again this tour is NOT for people who are not in the business. The focus is NOT actors, NOT trying to scare you its ON SHOWCASING DETAIL, FX, and OVER THE TOP animations.

We want haunt owners to KNOW ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE because it is if you want to do it bad enough. I think we've done that and we have done our best work EVER. I'm very proud of our entire TEAM... and I'm proud of all the vendors we've asked to help us make this happen from Unit 70, Pale Night, Brainstorm Studios, Dark Raven to other vendors who supplies little things that make all the difference like Edge Design and special FX cgi companies we worked with, to all of our painters, to everyone who put in a lot of long hours to pull this off.

What you are about to see is the best haunted house on the planet! Maybe not the best make up or costumes like a Netherworld or 13th Gate but as far as scenic, special fx, custom animations and more you are going to be inspired. We wanted to cover all the bases... from showing some retail items no haunt has done before to creating custom fx we've done it all this year.

Are you ready to see it? We are ready to let you in...if you didn't get behind the scenes tickets and you own a haunt you will miss on the most stunning thing you could ever lay your eyes on!!!! We've really topped ourselves this time.

As you can see I like it! LOL

I hope you will like it to... but with everything beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One mans junk is another mans treasure.

In my opinion its all treasure!

Larry
              Attached Files
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Hey Folks... you still have time to buy your tickets. Couple more pictures one is of a pop out jack n box animations, another is our elevator cgi fx now has the effect installed. And one of my son and the other of Kip flying around in the Darkness ceiling. We had some fun with that tonight. My son had a blast. See you next week. www.TheDarkness.com

DSC01081.JPGDSC01084.JPGDSC01085.JPGDSC01091.JPG
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Here are some pictures of Lemp. I can't stress enough the coolest part of Lemp will be the PRESHOW which I can't show you! You will have to come to the event and see for yourself. Today we had like 22 people working. At Darkness we got about 75% of all the animations work. There are a lot of animations we'll be moving after the show just no time now. We'll go with what we have. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

DSC01062.JPGDSC01063.JPGDSC01064.JPGDSC01065.JPGDSC01069.JPG
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Heading downtown now... our crew is working on Sunday. I'm going to try and stop by the convention center and snap some pictures because I think Scarefactory is there setting up already. Just call me haunted TMZ. LOL

If you want you see all the photos I've uploaded head to our tour facebook page here... http://www.facebook.com/TransworldHa...TradeshowTours
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Couple things one pictures shows us TRYING to build a tradeshow booth that was a mistake. Not going to get that done any time soon. Some other pictures shows our swamp getting some improvements. Lastly you can see the snake being installed. Get your tickets still time left www.thedarkness.com

DSC01094.JPGDSC01095.JPGDSC01096.JPGDSC01097.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

I changed this version this is version 2 and version 1 is posted below... The cost will be around $3000.00 to turn all of your logos into CGI FX that you can use on TV commercials, Youtube videos promotions around your haunt or whatever.

Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Here is another version with SOUND
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Go to www.thedarkness.com for the direction page to the events. REMEMBER THERE IS NO BUS TO ANYTHING BUT ZOMBIE PAINT BALL!

Zombie paint ball is ONLY on Friday and the buses will pick you up on front of the convention center. YOU MUST DRIVE YOURSELF to the other events... go to the directions page if you don't know how to get to each event.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Okay folks just call this a modern miracle... I'm not bragging but I don't know of any company that could have pulled off what we've pulled off here.

Not only did we build FOUR attractions since November, produce two magazines, two new DVD's, re-built THREE whole entire haunted attractions including creating all kinds of new custom animations and scenes, added new features to Hauntworld.com but we also managed to build a tradeshow booth in TWO FREAKIN DAYS... no its not done but we might get it done in time for the show.

I don't think ANYONE could have done what we are doing here in TWO DAYS... this thing is crazy. We worked DAY and NIGHT on this ... SOMEHOW we have to figure out how to paint it and detail it in HALF a DAY! So when you see it keep in mind it was built and painted in 2 and a half days. Yeah I said two and a half days.

We also managed to work on our haunted houses today. We will finish these booths, bring them over the show around 4pm, set them up then get back to working on our haunted houses. Jim informed me today he thinks Darkness is about 85% and he said it will NOT be 100% but I already knew that... our goal is 90%. Lemp should be closer to higher 90%. It would probably take another 2 to 3 weeks to do everything... as you go you discover how things should be redone, something needs something you can't get in time blah, blah. It will be close.

DSC01120.JPGDSC01121.JPGDSC01122.JPGDSC01125.JPGDSC01127.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

We also worked on our clown ice cream truck and its pretty cool but as we go and we see it work we say man o man it needs more hand rails, it needs more sound, it needs this and that... this never ends. We keep working and the credit card bill goes up and up and up and up... the pressure we feel is like we are opening for the first night in September but its really March. This is driving everyone crazy... you complete one list and you make another one. You can still get tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

DSC01123.JPGDSC01124.JPG
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X