Very Difficult Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Difficult Decision

After much deliberation and assessing our priorities, Lee and I have come a very difficult decision. Lee’s Mom has been facing very difficult challenges with her health, which appears now to be in a serious state of decline. She’s experiencing dementia and, unfortunately, has, as a result, been taken advantage of by unscrupulous individuals. My Mom’s health has also been in steady decline and she is now looking to return to California to live with or near her sister. We both need to attend to the needs of our Mom’s, both widowed, and this, combined with the decline in the economy and on the heels of the recent tornado disaster, which devastated much of Joplin, has brought us to the decision to close the Raycliff Attractions in Joplin, MO so that we can return to California to be near our Moms and see that they spend their latter years in comfort and good care. Your positive energy, thoughts and prayers regarding this are greatly appreciated!

To that end, we are putting the Raycliff Attractions assets up for sale. If you are interested in receiving an inventory list and making an offer on everything in both the Raycliff Manor and Carriage House Attractions, shoot us an email at info@raycliffmanor.com so that we can send this information to you. If we aren't able to sell the contents of both attractions as a whole, we'll then consider using an auction service to sell things off in pieces. Once we’ve sold the contents of both attractions, the property and buildings will be put on the real estate market for sale.

On another note, however, I will continue to offer my consulting services. You can learn more about this at www.HauntBook.com. We also intend to re-open a Raycliff Manor West Coast in California in the near future, hopefully in 2013 or 2014, and we will keep everyone posted on the progress of this as it evolves.

Sometimes in life our priorities are put to the test and Lee and I hope that we pass with flying colors. We’ve been very fortunate to enjoy the last 8 years of manifesting what we believe is one of the most unique and enjoyable professional attractions in the country, with one of the best Fright Teams a haunted attraction owner could hope for! It’s been a great ride and we look forward to taking our experience and talent to California and manifesting something even bigger and better so that we can positively affect even more lives than we’ve been able to touch to date! Thanks for your support in helping us disseminate this information.

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Best wishes to you and Lee. I'm sure it must have been a very difficult decision for you, but I look forward to seeing what you're able to do in your new endeavors.
    Mike Quill
    Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about all this. We were wanting to hit you guys up in 2012. We'll be very sad to not have gotten to go. We've heard and read so much about Raycliff. Family is #1 priority so we completely understand and hope things go smoothly for you guys.

I sent you an email. Please let us know if you've not received it.

Thanks,

Dewayne

Comment

I'm very sad to hear the news and I'll be keeping your moms in my thoughts. Wishing you and Lee the best of luck in California; I know you guys will create something even more amazing there.
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Hey Kelly,

Sorry to hear about the health issues of your family and that you are closing down Rayliff Manor. I am sure that California will bring new adventures and new opportunities. Wishing you all the best through the holidays and into the future.

Dave
          Lords of Chaos, LLC
          House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Some times bad luck can be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

My Brother!

Kel, My brother,
              I know this must have been a hard decision for you and Lee.
              I hate to hear your closing your attractions but family comes first! Take care of Mom and I hope all goes well for you guys.
              If there is anything I can do just let me know. Wishing good health and happiness to all in this time of need.

Greg
              Fearfest
              Greg Allen
              scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
              www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

I hope you hold strong and have family members for support along the way.

Comment

Kel,

Send me like an add or something on your sale and we'll throw that into the next magazine on me... I'd be happy to!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Kel, but it sounds like you guys have thought it out well...one door closes and another opens...I'm sure everything will turn out well for you two...miss you guys!!!
                    Dan Faupel
                    www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
                    www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

Kel,

Kasey and I are going through the dementia thing with my dad, it is horrible and very tie consuming to say the least. I am sorry that you have to go through it with Lee.

If there is anything we can do, shoot me a note.

I'd love to have to as a speaker at the 2012 WCHC in June. If you are so inclined, please drop Kasey a note at wchcspeaker@gmail.com

All the best to both of you.
                      Ed Roberts
                      Founder
                      The Nightmare Factory
                      www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
                      www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Thanks so much for all the kind words and support everyone. Thanks to all of you who have sent such encouraging emails as well. I feel so blessed to be a part of such an awesome industry that is filled with amazing individuals. I'll definitely keep everyone posted on the progress of things when we begin to manifest Raycliff West Coast!

Happy Holidays to you all! May the New Year find you realizing the manifestation of your dreams (or SCREAMS), and may it find you in celebration and gratitude of true success (happiness) and abundance (love)!

Kelly

P.S. Ed, our thoughts, positive energy and prayers are with you and so sorry to hear about your Dad.
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Hey Kelly

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Lee and your Mon's

If your going to TW lets get together and talk
                          about Raycliff West Coast.
                          Gary
                          Midnight Evil Productions
                          www.MidnightEvil.com
                          Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
                          www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Thanks Gary. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we're going to make it to TW this year. We're getting ready for our move back to California and we'll be getting settled back in. I am still hoping to make it to MHC though. I hope to have a decision made on this real soon. Please feel free to contact me any time though! Thanks again!

Kel
                            sigpic
                            Kelly Allen
                            www.RaycliffManor.com
                            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

What part of CA do you find yourself moving to?
                              Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
                              Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
                              2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Working...
                              X