Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Boys Scenic Design Extreme Detailing Seminar / TransWorld St. Louis, Mo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Boys Scenic Design Extreme Detailing Seminar / TransWorld St. Louis, Mo.

Extreme Detailing for your Haunted Attraction
    Bad Boys Scenic Design / Nightmare New England

Sunday March 11th, 9am to 5 pm
    TransWorlds Halloween & Attractions Show featuring the Haunt Show!
    St. Louis, Mo.

Are you ready to take your attraction to the next level? Here’s your chance! Always a hit with attendees, this informative how-to (and hands on) seminar will give haunters of all experience levels the techniques to turn an average room design into a highly detailed Disney-level attraction. Detailing techniques, tips, tools of the trade as well as advanced methods will be demonstrated and discussed. Topics and demos will cover faux painting, distressing, LightScaping, rust, rotted plaster, tiger foam, and of course the Bad Boys’ signature Styrofoam Masonry.

This year’s seminar will include special guest designer Christopher de Troy from Loki’s Workshop. Learn how these applications have been used in attractions across the country including Nightmare New England, SpookyWorld, The Fear at Fenway, ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Terror on the Fox (1997 – 2009) and more!

Bad Boys Scenic Design is a group of designers whose artistic skills in set design have earned them the respect and admiration of the most prominent names in the haunted attraction industry. Don’t miss the chance to learn their best tricks, techniques, and methods refined from over two decades of designing and building in the Haunted Attraction industry.

“Remember the MacGyver TV show from the 80’s? The guy who could create a hovercraft using only duct tape, a turkey baster, and some nasal spray could still learn a few things from The Bad Boys. They have mastered the art of creating high-impact sets using low-cost materials, have inspired and influenced countless haunted attractions across the country, and are some of the most talented and informative artists within the entire haunted attraction industry. The skills and information that they reveal in their seminars is priceless. I have been in the haunted house business for more than 25 years, and yet I am still learning new things every year from The Bad Boys.”

- Scott Simmons, Creative Director of The ScareHouse, Pittsburgh, Pa.

" I still remember when the first photos of the Bad Boys scenic work first popped up on the haunt message boards...everyone just said WOW! To this day they continue to amaze..they just keep getting even faster and better at haunt room design every year!"

- Ben Armstrong, Co-Owner NetherWorld Haunted House, Atlanta, GA.

“Although I haven’t seen the Bad Boys’ work in person, I have seen many photos of it that I have been very impressed with. I have also been impressed with Mike Krausert. I know him as a true professional with a great deal of integrity, something that is hard to find and always appreciated in business today”

- Cydney Neil, Owner Rocky Point Haunted House, Salt Lake City, UT
    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Seminar

Is this a part of the TW seminar list? And how much is it?

Shawn

Comment

Hello Shawn,

Yes, this is part of TransWorlds seminar line up for the show.

Registration info, price and sign up link coming shortly!

It's an 8 hour class and we usually build a partial or full scene from scratch during that time. We share every technique and tip we know, have learned, or have come up with during our careers in the haunted attractionindustry.

I am toying with the idea of presenting several different themes and having the class vote on which one they would like to see created.

Take care and Happy Holidays!

Tattoo
      Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

www.thirteenthfloor.com

Comment

Are you gonna record it for those attending or those who can't but would purchase such a seminar?

Comment

That's actually a great idea! Unfortunately it really should require multiple cameras going on the event, which would be hard to produce yourself.

But, with Windows Movie maker being so easy to use, editing and finishing should be easily done themselves and they could sell the dvd's easily I'm sure. I'd buy one!

maybe offer the DVD's the next year or something, or many months later. Give them time to finish production on them etc. Plus it would be more of an incentive for ppl to actually GO to the sem. I'd love to go but I'm already gonna be in for big $ just getting to go to TW!

Comment

Really wish I could make it to this one, unfortunately will likely have to man our booth. I must say that the Bad Boys seminar I got to attend at Midwest Haunters last year was definitely an invaluable class. Covered so much, and even for me a haunter of almost 20 years now, there were a ton of great little tips tricks and techniques that I was able to pick up, have already used many of the new techniques in projects I have done since, even including some stage productions and sets. They built a full detailed room in a matter of hours, and everyone was welcome to come up and try a lot hands on. I'll have to track down some of the pics I took to share.

If you have the time it is totally worth checking out...will definitely help you take your set design to the next level. Hoping I can find a way to make it for even a portion of it.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
            -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

A multi-camera setup would actually be very easy for this type of seminar. I've been screaming for years that these things be filmed and sold on DVD/Blu-ray! -Tyler
              http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
              >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

Make some videos happen then please!!!! You amazed what some of these folks can do with $50 and 2hrs. Someone please please get an A/V person in there. I think everyone who buys a ticket should get a free copy and anyone who didn't go can buy a copy for $20.

Comment

I attended the day you guys did at MHC year-before-last and it was an awesome experience... learned an unbelievable amount of great scenic design tricks and detailing techniques. I'd highly recommend this workshop to haunters of all experience levels, I truly believe everyone will get something out of it to take back home and put into practice. I actually updated my hotel reservation at the Grand today to leave on Monday instead of Sunday, just so I can stay for the entire workshop.

I also think a DVD of the build would be a great resource, but from having attended one of these before I think it would be difficult to record... Tattoo and his gang present more of an interactive workshop experience than a presentation... they had everyone in attendance trying out the techniques they were presenting for themselves and coming up to see what they were doing up close, etc... there would constantly be people between the cameras and what's going on. With that said, the experience was by far one of the best presentations/workshops I've been to at any of the conventions.

Tattoo, do you have any photos of the set you all built at MHC? It might help folks see the level of detail you managed to create in less than eight hours (I think MHC only had you set for five or six hours, but you all went over a bit because everyone was so into it).
                  Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
                  Haunt 2013, LLC
                  and
                  The House of Boo
                  Dallas, TX
                  www.haunt2013.com
                  www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences in our seminars!

Remember this is an 8 hour seminar, A LOT is covered during this time. If we know it, you will learn!

As far as taping the seminar, we have toyed with the idea but as Jim commented; we try to make it as hands on as possible, taping (even with several cameras) would be pretty difficult. Unless there were a few stationary and a few mobile cameras, but then you would need several camera men or women, to get all the proper shots, microphones for audio, etc. (Sounds like a big production)

We look forward to seeing everyone at TransWorld this year.

Take care and Happy Holidays!

Tattoo
                    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

www.thirteenthfloor.com

Comment

They got helmet cams, hats cams, shirt cams. Maybe not tape everything but you gonna be able to impart some knowledge on those who are to small to attend or can't afford it. Maybe just do a dvd version while your at home.

Comment

Registration info can be found at the top of the following link:

https://registration.tweshows.com/ev...how/hs8#Sunday

This is an 8 hour seminar and we will be building a completed scene over the course of the day.
                        Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

www.thirteenthfloor.com

Comment

Working...
                        X