No announcement yet.

Find Haunted Vendors - Rate - Review - Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about something similiar to Ebay, other hand, I like the page's detail, but, my intent it to determine the "trust factor" of the vendor by looking at some metrics and feedback in a simple displayed page. Then if I want more detail I can click another link.... have 1 link going to the primary details page, another set icon links going to each detailed page itself from the main page. This way if I'm on the parent page I can go directly to the grand child page (desired detail page) rather than going from the parent to the child then to the grand child. Maybe too many pages deep, probably could combine child and grandchild pages, maybe use frames.

Comment

I have to tell you honestly that I have spent two whole entire nights creating profiles, updating profiles, uploading banners, trying to find all the flaws in the system before I turn this team of girls loose on updating every profile, doing all kinds of seo work, adding tons of new profiles... I have to make sure it works. I updated Gore Galore profile yesterday, today I created one for Kip Polley Pale NIght, in that process of creating a profile I found out vendors don't have access to all the features, they are only accessed from the back end... so that is being fixed right now.

I need to make sure vendors can update their profiles, I need to know vendors can create profiles correctly, I need to make sure when I add some SEO, or content it doesn't cause the page to go nuts... which tonight it did.

I also tried to upload banners to the category pages ... so when you look at certain pages and some vendors have banners and others don't its all just test situation. Once I know everything works we are going full tilt boggy...

One thing you can do now is go and leave reviews for this vendors. That part works... you leave them via facebook!

Shane should love this!

LOL

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Uploading PDF catalog

Larry,
        I would be happy to help with this, even if just to see how the feature will work.
        I was looking at how to upload the PDF catalog. I can upload one if you can show me how it is done. I looked for where to upload it. But I didn't see anything. I looked on the new profile. And the old one you have to log into.
        Let me know and I will see how I can help.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

If you can try and upload your brochures. Let me know what happens.

I have been updating profiles all day long for three days just trying to find all the bugs. I've found many. LOL

That is part of the process. When I have it done it will be the ultimate directory to find haunted house vendors with over 500 vendors listed.

This is costing me a fortune but it will be worth it.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Okay Larry,
            Got the PDF brochure uploaded.
            The upload feature is built into the about me page of the vendor log in profile. It was easy to do, but took a while since it was like 7 megs. I can't optimize it to be any smaller than that since it is like 12 or 13 full color pages.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Everything now seems to work... I updated several vendor profiles, I uploaded a pdf brochure to Hauntworld Magazine, Blacklilght Attractions and HPI ... everything is working.

I have left reviews for some vendors and now all haunt owners can leave reviews for their favorite vendors. If you like a vendor leave them a positive review!

We have about 200 vendor profiles in the system now... we are going to update each and everyone of them starting TODAY!

Then we'll proceed with adding an additional 100 to 200 profiles. If and when someone is looking for information you will know where to find it. We will also embed this data on www.hauntedhousemagazine.com and www.hauntedhouseassociation.org

Hopefully we'll start sending vendors a ton of traffic.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Working...
              X