Zoning questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoning questions?

Well we are looking for a location for our 2012 haunt, and I have found a building that is seemingly perfect for our first year. 6000 sq ft, an office, loading docks, lots of electical outlets.

It is also dirt cheap per month to rent.

Problem is, it is zoned as industrial, will this be a problem, and if so, is there anything I can do to still run it, or do I need a retail ( been looking in retail, soooooooo expensive)
    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

You really need to check that out locally, zoning codes are WAAAY different from county to county, and city to city, and even from the county and the cities that are in those counties. Call the office and be very specific about what you want/need.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

There was a Haunt here in Jonesboro a few years back that was in Industrial Park in an old Tanning Bed production building. I don't think they had any trouble getting in there. They knew someone that owned the building (partners I think) and so that got their foot in the door, but I don't think that would make a difference in that sence.

Comment

Allen is right, it is so different everywhere you go. First think you need to do is go down to your city and talk to them. Do it now! lol... It sometimes takes months and months to sort these things out before it even goes in for permit approval.
        http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

As Allen said, you will want to check with the county, and the city if applicable. For that kind of set up, you will also want to check with the Fire Marshal, as most industrial/warehouse type facilities don't have sprinkler systems. Good luck on finding a great location.

Dave
          Lords of Chaos, LLC
          House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

here in CT any place of public assembly MUST HAVE wet sprinklers.

Comment

That is the kind of work I do and as stated by others zoning is so specific from area to area. You need to call or make an appointment with the zoning officer and discuss with them about what the zoning for that area see what is permitted there. If is not permitted all is not lost ask if you can make application to the zoning hearing board. if it is permitted I would also suggest as some one else did talk to the fire marshal about his requirements for the building. Good luck I hope it all works out. Let me know what you find out!!
              Jim Young
              "The Boogie Man"

Comment

Working...
              X