A bit upset....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit upset....

I let a local haunt here borrow a fireplace prop that I had this year. The guy calls me and asks to borrow it right. I tell him sure give me some free passes and I will let you borrow it. Just make sure I get it back in the same shape its leaving today. He agree's to it. We check out his haunt its okay, at least better than its been in past years. My fireplace sits in there front room. I notice a few of the bricks on the front have fallen off. No big deal. Halloween comes and goes, I dont hear anything. I try contacting him several times never can get ahold of him. Finally the other day almost 6 months not quite later. I get ahold of him. He says ya you can come get it but the landlord has done some moving and its messed up some. Well Im thinking no big deal a few minor repairs and its back to good. Well we get out there and its like been thrown outside in the weather. Its like all falling apart and its a friggin mess. Talk about being a bit pissed! Then after getting permission this guys goons are saying there gonna call the police ect if I take off with my own property. Well finally they talk to the landlord and say its okay for me to take my own stuff. Well I peal the hell out and let them no Im not real happy. Its just the idea, I loan this in good intentions and hope to get it back in good shape ect. And its totally been destroyed. I shouldnt have never even loaned it out. I will know better next time. What I get for trusting certain people. This haunters blaming the landlord ect. I really find this hard to believe.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

My policy. Never loan, rent. If you make the other party fiscally responsible, they take better care of the item, including getting it back on time and in one piece. Especially if they have to put down a deposit for damages.

Comment

Ya thats what I should have done. I know this didnt take this kinda abuse from being in the haunt. This was deliberate. No doubt! I mean it was made mostly of scrap wood ect. But it looked decent and I had a few hours or more into it. Just sucks how other haunts are in this area. There not about helping or trying to be cool like everyone on here. Its really sad. Its really a jealousy thing and so called ego trip that the other haunts in this area have no reason to have. Just felt like venting a little.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

I may have coined this phrase? I had to repeat this to my Dad many times over the years: "He who loans, loses."
        He loaned out our large Shop-Vac made for sucking soot from oil furnaces, when we had to go take it back the people had been using it to suck leaves (outdoors) around their pool and it had been rained on every time it rained all summer! (it was never quite the same after that)
        Another time he foolishly loaned a tri-stand and pipe cutter and dies and this guy basically went out for the next three months doing alot of work compeating with us!?
        When the items were not returned after all that time we got upset, he brought them back one fine day, dumping these expensive tools out on our cement driveway as if they were junk! Letting them simply fall from his tailgate as he very sarcastically said, "Thanks!"
        Later that summer this guy's own cousin, our chief of Police chased him down a dark gravel road , lost him temporarilly only to find his no-good cousin emptying stolen tools from the back of his truck into a small river! Whata guy!
        We loaned our best, most expensive ladder to a friend to paint his house and he would just let the ladder drop when he took it down each time!?
        How that ladder survived this abuse was a minor miracle to me.
        "He who loans loses."
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Sigh. I know that one as well....
          The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Well that sucks dude. It's hard for me to even see how someone can be so careless with someone else's property when it's borrowed.
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I do everything I can not to have to borrow other people's things, why? Because I have bad luck with them , they break, I then incur the expense of buying them a brand new tool or ruler. (Even though their old tool was about ready to crumble anyhow)
              I borrowed a worker's ruler,it snapped back into the case and broke off the end of the tape. I drove right down the street and bought him a new one. A couple of months later on another jobsite he backed into my truck, it was parked , I wasn't even in it, he begged me not to turn in a claim since he also was a "Body man" and would repair it himself.
              I'm still waiting, 23 years later, he moved away 19 years ago.
              I got rid of that truck 18 years ago. The shame of it all was that that old 1978 Ford truck had a perfect body and paint job except for the wrinkles he put into it that day.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X