they spend in each "scene" or "room"?
    less than a minute
    0%
    less than two minutes
    0%
    less than five minutes
    0%
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

The first room is where they get the explaination and rules from Otis and that can take a few minutes. After that, ist can be from 30 seconds to 5 minutes depending on the actor and the way they run the room.
    If murder is the ultimate expression of art, then I'm the Pablo Picasso of death! - RevCo

http://www.myspace.com/collateraldamageanddesign

http://www.scaredesigns.com

Comment

Being a high throughput haunt all of our scenes are typically less than a minute.

Comment

Like Mr. Malice,

our first room usually takes approximately two minutes to setup the story. After that, each of our scenes takes less than a minute to pass through.

Comment

The first room of the Ravens Grin tour is a minimum of 15 minutes , sometimes it can be 45 minutes or more.
          The second room is another 10 minute minimum, it could be 15 more easily than not.
          The third room can be only 5 minutes but can also be more like 10.
          The fourth room might only be 45 seconds , maybe a minute?
          The fifth is maybe 4 minutes or a little more.
          The sixth we are regrouping the group this can take as long as required?
          Then comes sort of a maze with a display room and another sort of maze, this usually takes people maybe 8 minutes?
          Then they re-enter the house from the backyard and are routed differently and see more rooms and eventually the wine cellar where another re-grouping has to happen, then onward through the basement and exit tunnel, all of which may add ? 12 to 15 minutes to the tour.
          I'm like an old hound dog with a bone, once I get ahold of them I chew em up for quite awhile without letting them go. "Laff!" "Gotcha!" "Scream!
          "Laff!" "Boo!" Gotcha!' Scream! Laff, laff, laff laff........
          The one or two people I get every year or more that tell me the tour is over-priced at $10 will hear me comiserate with them , I feel sorry for them if they have to work SO HARD to make $10 that it is so precious to them, that they begrudge me taking ALL of that money from them.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Depending on how the crowd's moving that evening, my introductory spiel can run roughly 3 to 5 minutes (that includes ushering the groups of guests into the outer hallway from our waiting room). Once further into the morgue, I'd say the average for each scene could range between 2 to 4 minutes (depending on the group's willingness to keep moving forward *grin*)...

Sincerely,

Warren Vanderdark;
            Owner & Head Mortician,
            The Baxter Avenue Morgue,
            Louisville,Ky.

www.13bats.com
            "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Last night I had a tour for 9, followed 40 minutes later by a tour for 5.
              All of these young people were extremely polite and responsive to the show I provided for them, I couldn't ask for any better audiences.
              Of those 14 total bodies, only maybe 3 of them were first time visitors.
              This is what most people entertaining other people live for as far as an audience is concerned, maybe this is why my tours take so long?
              Everybody is enjoying themselves way too much to be put on a running track and terminate the experience prematurely.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Generally under a minute...unless they freeze in terror. Muah-ha-ha!
                www.mindseizure.com
                www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Excellent!! The feedback you folks have provided gives me alot to
                  chew on as a haunter and haunt composer.

Thanks!!
                  Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Almost all of my haunts were designed to give the biggest "bang" in the shortest time possible. The first room (where we go over the rules) usually takes around 3 minutes. After that, each "scare" takes less than a minute.
                    Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Currently, most of our rooms with actors are at least 5 minutes each. But we had a TINY haunt with only 6 rooms. We were trying to slow people down so they felt like they got a show for their money.

When we get bigger, we'll move them faster.
                      ------------------------
                      The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                      I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

"6 rooms", plus 66 feet of hallway , equals 666, which must equal,..something?
                        Maybe this was just a new idea for next years Scarlett haunt?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

actually at Kevin McCurdy'shaunted mansion in NY the rooms can last up to 6 or even seven minutes.

Comment

Working...
                          X