No announcement yet.

Are you open Halloween night this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are open til 10, not really knowing what to expect. Last year on Halloween our numbers were great! Can't wait to make new plans for next year after we see our profits.
    http://www.myspace.com/scareview

Comment

Re: Last

Originally posted by xxxdirk
      Last year, Sunday the 31st we did about 300. Not overally busy, but just right. Super busy nights are fun for the money you make and the night seems to fly by and you get to scare the crap out of a lot of people, but there is also a lot of stress and sometimes the actors feel like a fast food worker:
      "RARHHHHHHH!, you want fries with that? Ok, next, RARAHHHHH! ok, move on I have another group right behind you! Oh great!, the're doing the locomotion line, come on people and we're walking and we're walking and RARAHHHHHHH!!

Quiteer nights are more fun cause you can really mess with people
      welcome to my world. oh boy do we ever get busy on nights like that. last nigt (wed.) we were pretty busy for a while. all you can do is set and reset at times and be on your improv. toes! we are open on oct. 31st but it really is never too busy! should haunted house be open on oct.31st??? what do you guys think??

Comment

Originally posted by Raycliff Manor
        We're really hoping to break even this year so we can start planning for a profitable year next year.
        Tell me about it! :roll: I'm hoping for an amazing turn out this week end so I can pay off SOME of the credit cards I ran up for the haunt. Oh well. I'm chalking this year up as a "learing experiance." I'm learning a lot of things that you don't find in books, like who my real friends are and how much some people really do love haunts - or at least they like to support the underdog. IF we had managed to stay in our orginal location, we probably would have had really good numbers, but that last minute move really hurt us. PLUS it was a lot of unexpected expence to buy all that plywood! BUT we have nice plywood walls for next year.

AND I'm more determined than ever to find us a permenant building - ON COMMERCIAL PROPERTY! My mother is even jumping in saying that she will help us get a building. That, my friends and haunters, is a mirical. I think she's finally seeing the light, that haunting is not just a hobby, it CAN BE a business and we are very determined to make a go of it.

(Did I ever mention that my mom is an accountant and quite well off financially speaking?)
        ------------------------
        The child is grown, the dream is gone.
        I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Wouldn't even THINK of not opening on Halloween. That should be a crime punishable by death to haunted house owners if you don't open on Halloween.

Halloween for us is NEVER a Saturday or Friday night in October but its close and will beat any other Sunday, Thursday or whatever night hands down. We're hoping for a BIG turnout this Halloween.

Crowds have been coming late this year so we're hoping for the best.

Something NEW for me this year...I won't be at my haunt this Halloween atleast not at first. I will be running my sons haunted house in the back yard and handing out candy. Then we're going trick or treating. I'm really excited.

I got home last night and stayed up until 4am making signs for the haunted house.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Absoloutely! I do the haunted house, in part , because of Halloween, to not do it wouldn't seem right. Pkus people around here start late in the season and seem to want to go out on Halloween to haunts. Wait until the last minute.

Timmy
            Hauntus Emeritus
            Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
            Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Working...
            X