Survey Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey Results

Hey guys, everyone on here has been very helpful to me so I thought I would share some survey results I just got back. These may or may not help anyone at all, but it at least may get some thoughts churning. My wife is a 8th grade teacher and this survey was taken by about 300 middle schoolers at 2 schools as kind of an extra credit assignment (but really to get ideas) haha! They are young, but they are actually even more of a key demographic in my area that I originally thought. Read the results below if you're bored!

The first question was:
    Did you go to a haunted attraction in 2010?
    70% said yes
    30% said no

* keep in mind these kids cant even drive, so they may not be your target audience

The second question was:
    If you answered yes to number 1, how many did you attend?
    20% said 1
    25% said 2
    20% said 3
    35% said 4 or more (kind of surprising to not even be able to drive)

The third question was:
    What did you like/scared you the most about the haunted houses you attended?
    Chainsaws, Clowns, Actors getting in your face, loud noises, actors/props jumping out from behind things, sound effects, rats, mental patients, dark tunnel, aliens, spiders, moving teddy bear, michael myers, freddy, a crawl through tunnel, SAW character, Cannibal Kitchen, and a train coming out of the dark were the answers that I got. (Some seem pretty basic, but it let me know the types of things that were in the haunts around me without having to visit all of them)

The fourth question was:
    What was the least favorite part/least scariest part of the haunts you attended?
    Unenthusiastic actors, kid actors, and long lines dominated this one. Mechanical props, cheap latex masks, and fake body parts were also on this list.

The fifth and final question was:
    Whether you attended a haunted house or not, what are you most scared of?
    Most of these were the same as the responses to question 3 but some that were added were: Butchers, demon babies, rabid wolves, bears and other animals, snakes, mimes, serial killers, darkness, car accidents, and being alone.

Like I said, I know this may just be a lot to read for some but I figured as much as people have helped me and as many threads as I have read, surely someone will get one single idea from a middle schoolers head! haha

Interesting. I am kind of a survey guy
    so I like seeing folks seek this kind of information. I may have some ideas for you if interested shoot me a pm with your email address.
    ----------------------------------------------
    A.J. Porfirio

Comment

"I wasn't scared , until I saw.."

The Zombie Butcher Mime giving birth to his insane, Demonic baby that had a snake wrapped around it, wait...that's just an umbilical cord! "OUCH! IT BIT ME!
      there you have it, a new "Monster" the biting umbillical cord!

I find your survey answers quite interesting since I scare that age group, and others and I have almost NONE of those items listed here.
      Amazing, isn't it?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Were the long answer questions with choices or prompts or were they totally open ended? For example did "cheap latex masks" come straight from the 8th graders mind or were there a number of things to choose from?

Thanks for posting your findings.

Comment

open ended

The first 2 questions were actual choices.

The first question you could choose yes or no.

The second question you had to choose 1, 2, 3, or 4+

The others were open ended and those were things they wrote down. These are not my opinions on things that are scary or not scary, and I agree with jim in saying that some of my favorite haunted houses included nearly none of the things on the list.

But yes, those were open ended questions....to answer your open ended question...haha

Comment

Originally posted by SCfearfarm View Post
            The first 2 questions were actual choices.

The first question you could choose yes or no.

The second question you had to choose 1, 2, 3, or 4+

The others were open ended and those were things they wrote down. These are not my opinions on things that are scary or not scary, and I agree with jim in saying that some of my favorite haunted houses included nearly none of the things on the list.

But yes, those were open ended questions....to answer your open ended question...haha
            Thanks, it's an interesting bit of information, a good way to teach some math and stats to kids as well.

Comment

Working...
            X